Skip to content

Not Going To Play BG:EE....

13»

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    You supposedly can predict the probable acedemic ability of young children with a very simple test... Although your answer will also be simple, above or below average.

You simply put a pile of sweets in front of a 4 year old and inform them. "I am leaving the room for a minute, when I come back, if you have not eaten any of the sweets you can have them all. If I come back and you have eaten a sweet, then you cannot have anymore, do you understand?"

Adult then leaves, one way mirror watches child take or leave the sweets and the child has the sweets given or taken from them as per the childs behaviour.

The child that is able to control the natural urge to scoff the sweets and show trust in the adult to be given ALL the sweets (The best outcome for the child) is seen as having above average intelligence. Those that try to steal a sweet are seen as below average intelligence, they lose out, (it's still true that your common thief of the local corner shop is going to be pretty dumb). I however say the kid that tries to eat all the sweets in the allotted minute must at least be given extra credit...

Anyways... My point is this @UnseeingEye

We are going to do a little intelligence test.

We are going to purchase and install BG:EE on our computers.

We are then going to promise not to play it, load it, or even look at the manual until BG2:EE comes out.

If we do this we will be the intellectual genuises of these forums and be widely celebrated.

If we break our promise we will be seen as the idiots that we truly are...

I have a very bad feeling that I am going to be labelled a moron after this... Oh well, least I will be in good company :)
  • KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    I may wait, I'm not sure yet. I definitely like to be able to go through both in a row with the same character. Plus if you wait then you'll get any post launch features, which will be nice. Since I'm getting close to the end of a mega playthrough right now I may be able to wait until BG2EE comes out.
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    Actually I am more interested in BG:EE than BG2:EE but even if I wasn't I would still just play multiple characters/parties while waiting and then I will have numerous options to choose from for my first BG2:EE run.

Where do you guys get the idea it will take a year for BG EE II to come out?

From Trent Oster's twitter account July 12, 2012
    Trent Oster ‏@TrentOster
    #bgee will launch in 2012, before summer ends! #BG2EE will ship in 2013. We're committed!
    That's the most information I could find. 2013 is technically a year after 2012

Well Nov 30 is quite a ways beyond "before summer ends" but 2013 is at the very least 3 months after summer ending so even if they were originally thinking 1st quarter 2013 I suspect that would have been pushed back to at least 2nd quarter and more likely 3rd unless part of the crew is already working on it while others finish BG:EE (unlikely IMO).

Of course if they were thinking 4th quarter 2013 before the BG:EE delay then the new date could be 2014!

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054

So long as people remember to buy BG:EE now rather than waiting to buy it when BG2:EE is available. Doesn't matter when they play it so long as they buy it now.

Or else they my find there is no BG2:EE to buy. Overhaul needs to know people will buy these games before they can continue.

I agree with the sentiment wholeheartedly, it is however wrong.

Overhaul are contractually obligated to build and release BG2:EE - even if they only sold copies of BG1:EE to 10 people they would still have to make BG2:EE.

BG3 is a different story though.

• Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    @Wanderon some of bg2ee is already done as part of bgee. BG2EE might still be on schedule. Though, technically 31. dec. 2013 is still in 2013 :D

@Wanderon some of bg2ee is already done as part of bgee. BG2EE might still be on schedule. Though, technically 31. dec. 2013 is still in 2013 :D

Indeed it is- hey do you suppose that was an oversight that the announcement just happened to leave them with a year of wiggle room? (insert silly grin)

• KaxonKaxon Member Posts: 156
    I definitely expect they were planning for it to be in the later part of 2013 anyway. BGEE was announced in what, March? And they had probably started working on it before that. I expect BG2EE to take at least that long. They'll have fewer UI changes to make since those will be partly taken care of, but aside from that it'll probably be more work - BG2 is a bigger game and they're adding *at least* the same number of characters, probably more.
    Kaxon said:

I definitely expect they were planning for it to be in the later part of 2013 anyway. BGEE was announced in what, March? And they had probably started working on it before that. I expect BG2EE to take at least that long. They'll have fewer UI changes to make since those will be partly taken care of, but aside from that it'll probably be more work - BG2 is a bigger game and they're adding *at least* the same number of characters, probably more.

Don't know that I would call BG2 a "bigger game" - less areas for sure so wouldn't that mean less pretty much everything?

• MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    BG2 is streamlined for sure, but the amount of content in those fewer zones is bounteous!
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256

Anyone else going to do the same and wait a year or so?

Almost. I think I'm gonna buy it now, and then wait until we know more about BG2:EE.
    I think I could wait until I know what new characters will be made for BG2:EE, at least, so I can decide exactly my party composition for both games, including the main character's class.