Skip to content

Not Going To Play BG:EE....

Comments

• Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    I understand u, but I dont have the willpower.
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Well I would rather they take longer with BGII:EE or in actuality as long as they feel they need. Most have been waiting for something to resurface from the BG series for a long time that I think most of us are incredibly patient. If they are serious about looking further into isometric infinity games, then I would prefer they have the time they need to become fluent with the code and generally comprehend why these games are so well liked if they intend to make something(s?) from scratch.

If they had told me to wait until next winter for BG:EE then that would be alright with me if it meant a better game or led to better games in the end.
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    @Spacejaws
    The thing is, they wont need to take as long for BG2, the heavy lifting part of this project was in doing the work for BG1, it will in great part have been fixed by the time they head over to BG2:EE.

Im betting they could launch BG:EE and then launch BG2:EE within a few months and another Infinity Engine Game a few months after that....and sell them all quite well :)
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    mmmm, am i the only one who hopes this throw back trend continues? Like with megaman 9 and 10 going back to 8 bit, bg:ee (and hopefully many more?). I honestly wish games would go back in part to games with snes level of graphics would come back and use the extra room for story/VA/etc.

It just seems to me that the imagination is the most powerful tool/processor/graphic ever, and games could go back to costing less, thus being less risky and more enjoyable/better developed. Maybe it's just me though. :)

plus, hehe, kids now a days need to learn to use their minds rather then everything being handed to them in games now a days. my sons enjoy playing old nes/snes games with dad more then psp/3ds/ps3.
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216

Anyone else going to do the same and wait a year or so?

I think you'll be fucking this chicken on your own, friend.

• LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Lol
    Bjjorick said:

mmmm, am i the only one who hopes this throw back trend continues? Like with megaman 9 and 10 going back to 8 bit, bg:ee (and hopefully many more?). I honestly wish games would go back in part to games with snes level of graphics would come back and use the extra room for story/VA/etc.

It just seems to me that the imagination is the most powerful tool/processor/graphic ever, and games could go back to costing less, thus being less risky and more enjoyable/better developed. Maybe it's just me though. :)

plus, hehe, kids now a days need to learn to use their minds rather then everything being handed to them in games now a days. my sons enjoy playing old nes/snes games with dad more then psp/3ds/ps3.

Almost gave you an agree but 8 bit graphics are pointless, you can have decent graphics AND story, I love the idea of refreshing all the old classics like most of the games on GoG, especially things like Ultima Series, Wizardry series, Might and Magic Series, Heroes of Might and Magic Series the Panzer General series, all the Gary Grigsby series and about a bazillion others.
    Ill bet the OP fails his saving throw and ends up playing on or about the 18th :)
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

until the release of its sequel that is. As excited as I may be (and I am as excited as the rest of you so don't say I am not!) , Del...blockquote>

Seriously !
    how do you make sure that you can wait BG2-EE coming unitl 2013?

Life is short .. No one can predict the future days ,
    i always feel just enjoy what you can do , it's enough ,

• katastrophekatastrophe Member Posts: 404
    I plan to take the week it is released on, off work---Of course my birthday falls on the 22nd so...that'll be the official reason...but really, I'm sure we all know the true one.
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77

(snip) Anyone else going to do the same and wait a year or so?

Oh hell no. Why on earth would I do that?

• lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    mch202 said:

Anyone else going to do the same and wait a year or so?

Masochism isn't my thing...

quote : And I do love deathspank!

i rest my case :P
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    When first buying the box set of Baldur's Gate (my first encounter with this wonderful game) I spend years playing Tutu campaigns before moving on to Shadows of Amn. So I won't have trouble playing BGEE when BG2EE isn't out yet. I will be finishing 7 ongoing (3 Tutu + 4 BG2) campaigns as well in the mean time. Just wonder how the 'feel' of vanilla BG will change when I get to know BGEE. Might well be vanilla BG feels better untill all my favourite mods get BGEE-compatibility.
  • Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181

@Spacejaws
    The thing is, they wont need to take as long for BG2, the heavy lifting part of this project was in doing the work for BG1, it will in great part have been fixed by the time they head over to BG2:EE.

Im betting they could launch BG:EE and then launch BG2:EE within a few months and another Infinity Engine Game a few months after that....and sell them all quite well :)

In terms of mechanics, that's true. But I think most people are looking to BG2EE to do more than just mechanical updates and the odd extra party member.

And keep in mind there's also Throne of Bhaal, which is like a 3rd game in its own right.

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Well, one of the nice things about the BG series is that there's enough of a narrative break between BG1 and BG2 that you don't necessarily have to play them consecutively (unlike, say, Mass Effect, where you really benefit from having fresh memories of previous games in the trilogy)...
  • beobeo Member Posts: 144
    Well if BG2:EE was gonna turn both games into one (something like BGT) I could kind of understand OPs problem, but as far as I know that wont be a case. Unless someone plans mod for it already? :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @beo: I suppose it's possible that the modding community may adapt BGT to the Extended Editions... but they'd need both EE games and a substantial amount of time to do that. Something to look forward to further down the line, I think, but not necessary for an initial run...
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    For a moment, I thought this would be yet another annoying troll topic full of whining how BG:EE isn't worth it. Fortunately this isn't the case. OP, do what you want to do. Make sure to stay away from these forums to avoid spoilers while you're waiting, though. I for one will play BG:EE as soon as it is released. I'm very excited to see the improvements over the original BG! :)
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    No, not waiting. It's hard enough to wait this long, less than a week left though.
    And once it comes out I'll disappear from the word for a while.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    I was originally planning to do so, but since I have a job that takes a lot of my time (I travel the world a lot), and since I have other games I want to play (both PC and PS3), I'll just start BG:EE now and take it slow, without having extreme 12-hours gaming session like I used to when I was 19-20.
  • ego1steego1ste Member Posts: 88
    I wonder how long will it take to make BG2:EE. Well if it was only a matter of remaking BG2 , but i think the team will be divided. Some people will support BG:EE make some dlc's , remove bugs etc. It's a little too soon to complain because first part wasn't even released yet , but still i would love to continue my adventure with new companions as soon as i finish BG:EE :D
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48

This is like denying one's self of masturbation today so you can have an epic jerk in a year's time.

What's wrong with Jerking now, and Jerking later Sir?

Oh my god. I could not sum it up better myself. But have you ever gone for a year between jerks? I haven't but it must be so good.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    Iam gonna play the shit out of this game the moment i can get it!!! No way iam gonna wait around. Its gonna be epic!!!!!
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    edited September 2012
    I think i answered something similar on another thread...may have been a different topic though, but i'll play BG:EE asap once, then play all my other games i haven't started or started and haven't finished yet while waiting for BG2:EE. When 2 comes out i'll play both.
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
    I am should stop visiting these forums. It is taking a toll of my willpower.
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498

This is like denying one's self of masturbation today so you can have an epic jerk in a year's time.

What's wrong with Jerking now, and Jerking later Sir?

Oh my god. I could not sum it up better myself. But have you ever gone for a year between jerks? I haven't but it must be so good.
    You know it would be a disappointment, a year's disappointment crammed into one moment.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110

I am should stop visiting these forums. It is taking a toll of my willpower.

@UnseeyingEye, there's one freeeeeee game up for grabs, one condition is that you have to play it on the day of release :D.
  • DeathMachineMiyagiDeathMachineMiyagi Member Posts: 120
    edited October 2012
    So long as people remember to buy BG:EE now rather than waiting to buy it when BG2:EE is available. Doesn't matter when they play it so long as they buy it now.

Or else they my find there is no BG2:EE to buy. Overhaul needs to know people will buy these games before they can continue.