Skip to content

Cheating or not? (Spoilers!)

Okay, I have a couple of questions regarding what is considered cheating or not.

1. I am running a solo monk. At the demon knights' altar in the Underdark, you are supposed to put an animal on the altar to sacrifice. This is achieved by summoning an animal, generally. However, since I am a monk, I cannot use magical items. So, I used debug to summon a cow on the altar. Is this considered cheating?

2. You can get the Golden Pantaloons if you imported a character from BG to BG 2. However, I started my monk fresh. Keeping in mind that if you imported a character, the golden pantaloons are EXTREMELY easy to get, would this be considered cheating?

Yes, I know that TECHNICALLY, these things are cheating, but I'm asking for an opinion. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    Sed said:

Helm sees all. Know that, and be judged!

hahaha, awesome :)
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @sarevok57‌
    Couldn't help myself ;)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Sed said:

I say that the churches lie to you! They claim their gods are present when they do nothing other than require your coin to fill their pockets!
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I'd say it's the priests that lie ;)
    The churches are mostly standing there, looming over you
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I had a hard time to find out, what must i do by that altar. Honestly, i never found out the proper solution, i used to charm one of the kua-toa neighbour, and guide it to the oltar, and it was accepted as a sacrafice. I think that sometimes i didn't charmed the kua-toa, just let it chase me to the altar, and it functioned that way too. But that was a long time ago, when i'd been there.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    bengoshi said:

Sed said:

I say that the churches lie to you! They claim their gods are present when they do nothing other than require your coin to fill their pockets!
    This must not come to pass. The ever-seeing eye of Helm must be made aware of what they intend.

Why would an ever-seeing eye need to be made aware of something? Isn't it ever-seeing? Wouldn't it already know?
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited November 2014
    1. It's already mentioned that you can summon animals via items, so I don't see this as a huge deal.

2. Barely relevant to the game, imo. You aren't going to get anything out of it until late ToB, and honestly in my experience the payoff is barely usable.

Is it cheating? Sorta. You are, after all, doing something you're normally not capable of in that particular instance. Will it ruin your game experience or make things too easy? Probably not.