Skip to content

[MOD] Scales of Balance is compatible with IWD:EE

Comments

• Swifty_MageeSwifty_Magee Member Posts: 229
    edited December 2014
    Just to add onto my post about the Avenger druid, she also just received the polar bear shapeshift ability, so it seems like maybe all the Druid kits are getting all the average shapeshift forms. I haven't checked the other Druid kits yet, though.

When I shapeshift into a polar bear, there is still the other "Shapeshift: Natural Form" icon present that reverts my character to natural form but still retains the animal's attack icons. I'm guessing that glitched out Natural Form icon is there because that shapeshift ability isn't even supposed to be on that Druid kit in the first place.

Ah well...it's not a problem. Polar bears are cool.
    edited December 2014
    Champion's Strength ability labeled as Entropy Shield for Divinate of Ilmater - my level 9 Divinate of Ilmater Paladin has two different abilities both labeled as Entropy Shield: the first ability is a light-blue fist icon, the second is a light-blue icon of a human with waves radiating outward.

The fist icon lets you pick the target of the spell, and when activated casts Champion's Strength, and the target is immediately fatigued. The ability is labeled as Entropy Shield, and when right-clicking the icon to read it's description, it gives the description of Entropy Shield. I don't know if this is a natural effect of Champion's Strength, but when this version of the spell is active, my Paladin's priest spells are disabled until the effects of Champion's Strength have worn off. All the priest spells are still clickable and presented normally as if they weren't disabled (the spells are not blacked out like they normally would be if you were unable to cast spells you have memorized)

The "human with waves" icon is self-targeted, and Entropy Shield is cast when activating the ability. Right-clicking the icon gives the correct description of Entropy Shield.

My character has had the Champion's Strength "Entropy Shield" ability for several levels now, and just received the actual Entropy Shield ability at level 9.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited December 2014
    Sorcerer Chain Contingency icon tooltip and description incorrect - when reaching level 11 with my sorcerer I received two counts of Chain Contingency. The icon of the ability reads "The stone of this area makes it difficult to find tracks, but you do find trails of water left by bloated feet, wandering aimlessly throughout the barrows." This text is also displayed after you finish casting Chain Contingency.

When right-clicking Chain Contingency I get the following description: "A cornucopia of beasts have taken up residence in the exterior of this glacier. You find white fur from three different types of creatures: yetis, polar bears, and winter wolves. Amid their plentiful tracks, you also discern the loping gait and distinctive footprints of trolls. The undulating pattern of scale imprints indicates the presence of frost salamanders. Gigantic, heavy footprints likely point to a small group of frost giants. You also find two sets of dwarf footprints. Judging by their irregular footsteps and frequent stops, they probably were freezing to death."

I also noticed that the Chain Contingency casting animation has no spell sound effect, though that could just be a bug with the vanilla game.

Sorcerers aren't supposed to get Chain Contingency. Maybe you mean regular old Contingency? Even then, sorcerers shouldn't get it. I need to apply that as an .eff so it only goes to single-class mages.

And I also need to update its description, which is likely using the BG2 strref. Thanks for the heads up.

Hopefully v1.6 will squash all of these bugs... and hopefully I'll have it done before the end of 2014.

It could very well be regular Contingency. I don't remember ever using any type of Contingency, to be honest; I just searched around Google for an idea of what I was seeing, and a BG wiki of Chain Contingency was one of the first things I saw. Either way, glad I could bring it to your attention.

Could sorcerers keep Contingency? I know that class can be pretty OP as it is, but that seems like a really cool thing to get as a Special Ability once they reach a high level.

And take your time with the update; you shouldn't rush greatness or you'll have even more bugs.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014

Champion's Strength ability labeled as Entropy Shield for Divinate of Ilmater - my level 9 Divinate of Ilmater Paladin has two different abilities both labeled as Entropy Shield: the first ability is a light-blue fist icon, the second is a light-blue icon of a human with waves radiating outward.

The fist icon lets you pick the target of the spell, and when activated casts Champion's Strength, and the target is immediately fatigued. The ability is labeled as Entropy Shield, and when right-clicking the icon to read it's description, it gives the description of Entropy Shield. I don't know if this is a natural effect of Champion's Strength, but when this version of the spell is active, my Paladin's priest spells are disabled until the effects of Champion's Strength have worn off. All the priest spells are still clickable and presented normally as if they weren't disabled (the spells are not blacked out like they normally would be if you were unable to cast spells you have memorized)

The "human with waves" icon is self-targeted, and Entropy Shield is cast when activating the ability. Right-clicking the icon gives the correct description of Entropy Shield.

My character has had the Champion's Strength "Entropy Shield" ability for several levels now, and just received the actual Entropy Shield ability at level 9.

Yea that was an oversight on my part. It will be fixed in the patch I plan on releasing in the next few days. Champion's Strength is basically just labelled incorrectly (but otherwise its working as it does in IWD).

If you have any future issues related to a specific kit in my kitpack then its probably best to also make a post about it on my thread. Just in case it is an issue with my mod (as it turned out to be in this case).
    Post edited by elminster on
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167

Sorcerers aren't supposed to get Chain Contingency. Maybe you mean regular old Contingency? Even then, sorcerers shouldn't get it. I need to apply that as an .eff so it only goes to single-class mages.

Why can't a Sorcy choose Contingency? An engine limitation? That would be understandable. Otherwise they should be able to choose ANY spell a Mage can.....
    @elminster I'm actually using A Frosty Journey and Scales of Balance at the same time, and I forgot the Divinate of Ilmater is a feature of the A Frosty Journey and not SoB. Sorry about that; I mainly post bugs for SoB and sometimes it all tends to blend together.

@Blades My Sorcerer right now has Contingency, though it seems to be a bug and not a feature. Kind of wish it was a feature, actually. Like I said in my last post, Sorcerers are already OP, but giving them something to change up the class a little would be a cool mod feature.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2014
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    @subtledoctor‌
    If your willing to give up the free weapon style proficiency at level 1, you could move Proficiency down another tier, going 0 - 3 stars instead of 0 - 4 stars. Since everyone is at least proficient with any weapon they're allowed to use, there is no need for a non-proficiency tier/penalty. This way you would not have to apply Proficiency at level 1 and avoid the issue entirely.
    edited December 2014
    I'm not sure if this is a Scales of Balance related bug, but I have a Cleric/Ranger character, and when I level one of the classes, sometimes a spell in my spellbook will disappear.

For instance, when I reach Cleric level 5, I get the cleric spell Animate Dead. The next time I get enough exp and my Ranger levels up to level 6, I loose the Animate Dead spell. This has happened with a few other spells as well. I believe the spells eventually come back when I level up the Cleric side of my character again.

I also noticed that when this bug happens when my Cleric/Ranger levels, in the dialog box it will show my character saying "...: Character Name". The only other time I remember something like that happening is when I first start a game and my character gets their weapon proficiencies. Although when that happens it will say something like "get weapon proficiency" or the like.

UPDATE: I just leveled my character to Cleric level 6 and got back the Animate Dead spell. Upon leveling, there was no "...: Character Name" dialog text.
    Post edited by Swifty_Magee on
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited December 2014

I'm not sure if this is a Scales of Balance related bug, but I have a Cleric/Ranger character, and when I level one of the classes, sometimes a spell in my spellbook will disappear.

For instance, when I reach Cleric level 5, I get the cleric spell Animate Dead. The next time I get enough exp and my Ranger levels up to level 6, I loose the Animate Dead spell. This has happened with a few other spells as well. I believe the spells eventually come back when I level up the Cleric side of my character again.

I also noticed that when this bug happens when my Cleric/Ranger levels, in the dialog box it will show my character saying "...: Character Name". The only other time I remember something like that happening is when I first start a game and my character gets their weapon proficiencies. Although when that happens it will say something like "get weapon proficiency" or the like.

UPDATE: I just leveled my character to Cleric level 6 and got back the Animate Dead spell. Upon leveling, there was no "...: Character Name" dialog text.

Do you have the "cleric kit penalties" component (or an earlier version of it) from my kitpack installed?

Edit: That still wouldn't explain the dialog text. So idk.
    elminster said:

Do you have the "cleric kit penalties" component (or an earlier version of it) from my kitpack installed?

Edit: That still wouldn't explain the dialog text. So idk.
    No, I made sure to not install the "cleric kit penalties" or "druid kit penalties" components of the Frosty Journey kitpack. Even if I did install those parts of your kitpack, would the spells disappear and then come back after leveling up?

Also, I don't know if this is just a Cleric/Ranger issue; I've used multiple characters with SoB installed and I remember seeing the "...: Character Name" dialog upon leveling with other characters, but I can't remember if they were all Cleric/Rangers or other classes. I also don't remember if any of the spells with those characters disappeared or re-appeared when leveling.
    edited December 2014
    I don't mind the "gimping for RP" aspect much; as long as something is a feature and not a bug, I'm mostly fine with it. I mostly leave any creature conjuring to a mage, but I just thought it was weird when the one time I wanted to try it out with my Cleric, it mysteriously vanished!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the v1.6 update more and more.
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    edited December 2014
    So I just gotta ask a question, I am so far enjoying SoB in IWD EE but I got a bit suprised when I hit lvl 7 with my Spellfilcher it required 80 000xp for lvl 7 but for lvl 8 I need 800 000xp thats a 720 000xp increase from lvl 7-8, every other class I have including multi kits Bladesinger and Alaghor of Clangeddin only had a 20 000-40 000 xp increase from lvl 7-8.

Edit I just did a save edit with EE keeper to see what my other chars lvl would be at 1 600 000 xp and apearntly my Spellfilcher instantly lvled to lvl 13 when she hit 800 000xp, she kept being lvl 7 though untill she hit 800 000xp.

I am useing the latest version of SoB and with the latest IWD EE patch.
  • brogan80brogan80 Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2014
    When I try to install the "3a. DRUIDS: Shapeshifting Revisions", it errors out and gives me:

ERROR: Failure<"Unknown function: f1#add_kit_ee">

Everything else installs fine.

Mods I already have installed (in this order):

Minor NPC Portraits for IWDEE v1.03
    More Style for Mages
    Thieving Mod for IWDEE (SLTSTEAL.2DA & RINGFIR.ITM)
    bg2_tweaks-v16 (very few options)
    atweaks-v440b3 (again, very few options)
    House Rules for IWDEE v1.1
    Scales of Balance v1-5
    edited December 2014
    err... looks like it was *my* typo... the lowercase dos "L" looked like a number 1 to me... :(

Still get the error when I try to install it.

The installer copys and patches some files, lists "Adding D5DRUID Kit ..." twice, then 3 lines saying,
    Stopping installation because of error.

Then,
    ERROR Installing [3a DRUIDS: Shapeshifting Revisions], rolling back to previous state
    Will uninstall 25 files for [SOB/SOB.TP2] component 12.
    Uninstalled 25 files for [SOB/SOB.TP2] component 12.
    ERROR: Failure<"Unknown function: fl#add_kit_ee">
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-SOB.DEBUG to SubtleD
    Using Language [English]

Then it goes back to asking if I want to install the same section [3a DRUIDS: Shapeshifting Revisions]?
    Install, or Not Install or Quit?
    Do you want me to email you this file?

I did try to open the SoB.tp2 file and did a search for f1# (as well as f1# - the number 1) and it said no matches - was using basic text editor, though.
  • amyzaamyza Member Posts: 3
    I'm having the same problem. I also tried to install SoB on a fresh installation, same error with the ' Shapeshifting Revisions'.
    Some problems with the Paladin Tweaks:

- Trueclass Paladin is still just called "Paladin" (Not Paladin of Tyr)

- at level 1, vanilla Paladin, Paragon, Inquisitor, & Necrobane all have the unlimited Detect Evil (1x/round) but also have a 2nd unlimited innate named "Detect Evil" that affects all characters in the area, and it's rt-click description says only, "Bergclaw". (Blackguard correctly does not have either of these)

- at level 1, None of the Paladin kits have the special 24h single 'Prot. from Evil' innate spell.

- at level 1, only the vanilla Paladin and Necrobane have a single 'Prot. from Evil 10' Radius'.

- at level 1, Inquisitor does not have 'Cure Disease' innate.

- at level 1, Paragon has neither 'Prot. from Evil' nor 'Prot. from Evil 10' Radius'.

I'm sure some of these might be intentional, as I have not started my game yet and things might unlock at diff levels.
    edited December 2014
    edited December 2014

It fixes those druid problems.
    It fixes Woodscout/ranger-cleric problems, by removing that component.
    It fixes (well enough) using the proficiency overhaul with 'pre-generated' characters.
    It should fix (hopefully) the duration of monk fists.
    It's generally a bit more polished.

Subtle, thanks for the update. I have just started my game and decided not to use the druid shapeshifter. Also not running any multiclass characters, or pre-generated chars, or monks.

I am using almost everything else however, minus a couple kits. Is there anything else that would fall under "polished" that I would need to install the update for?