Skip to content

Best Play MaP Zone

We all have our part in the game(mainly if u do BG1 - BG2 -TOB rush) map that u get to this part and say Wow! now the fun part begins :) For me its the part that the party enters the underdark into the drow city, i think the drow city or either the drow world is so diffrent from the human one, and as such its offer so much to the player.
I even wished BG2 would have devolp more the idea of the drow world, it can offer so much to the lore, the drow race in NWN world is much refind, too bad.

ANY WAY! what map zone do you like most to role in?

Comments

• JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    For me it is Watcher's Keep. It is a perfectly designed dungeon demanding a variety of tactics to succeed.

I can't think of another situation that requires such a complex decision in the whole series as the ending of that dungeon. I'm probably forgetting something obvious, but the first time through I was honestly stuck. I truly could not decide on the correct course of action, from a moral/role-playing point of view. That really impressed me.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    watcher keep is a great dungeon, hard one for sure and i can say that the only time i got stacked at first play with another rpg was at DLC of dragon age, at the lich tower which came about hm 10 years after. BUT i think from the story line, u can pass on watcher keep, but the underdark create important rpg stroyline.
    maybe they should have to insert more storyline into the dungeon.
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Actually, my favorite play zone is the famous Athkatla!

They did such a good job on showing "tha city of coin" as a place full of intrigue and dangers!
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Personally, I'm a big fan of Firkraag's dungeon. There's just so much variety, and a remarkably amount of monster society for a dungeon crawl.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I have to agree with @DJKajuru‌ Athkatla is awesome and if I had to pick my favourite part it would be Waukeen's promenade. I just love getting out of the first dungeon and feeling that i'm lost in a huge city in a foreign land with few friends and no money. Also the Waukeen's promenade music is awesome.
  • Ancalagon44Ancalagon44 Member Posts: 252
    I like the whole Umar Hills quest. Something about that little village that I quite like. I also like the haunted forest where the Shade Lord lives.

Also a fan of Athkatla in general, and Firkraag's dungeon, especially confronting Firkraag himself.

Not a big fan of the Underdark - I think I have bad memories of illithids and beholders from my first playthrough, so I try to get through as quickly as possible now.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Athkatla for sure.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I would gladly live in that cave in Forest of Tethir.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    if we're talking bg2

Trademeet just like the feel of the place and the quest lines
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I'll go with Imnesvale, in the Umar Hills. Such a nice, rustic scene...after the shade lord's death, that is.
    element said:

if we're talking bg2

Trademeet just like the feel of the place and the quest lines

Neeber.