Skip to content

How to loot Hjollder's closet?

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
Some monkey moved Hjollder dead in front of the closet in his hut, so it's unlootable now. Is there a way to move him?

Comments

• NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Push him out of the way by going to the left of him, getting as far behind him as you can, and clicking on the closet. That's how I did it.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I've tried every angle that I can. He doesn't budge. I've tried reloading to earlier saves and exiting and reentering the hut, but he's always in the same moronic location. I've also tried ctrl+Y to try to kill him, but he's immortal. I've tried ctrl+J to jump to closer locations, but it always puts me to the wrong side of him. I've tried clicking through him and going afk while my character shuffles, but twenty minutes wasn't long enough. I'm running out of ideas.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Edit: I just realized Nimran did the exact same thing. What version of the game are you running?
    I'm running IWDEE v1.3.2058. I think it's only a sling +1 or something minor in the closet, but it's still pretty annoying that I can't loot it. At this point in the game, my party only has 746 gold, so every little bit would help. If I made a quick mod to relocate him to a more sensible location would I have to start a new game or would it work for saves that I haven't visited his hut? Only an hour or two into the game, so I guess it wouldn't matter much. @Elminster: Without full spoilers, are there a lot of NPC mislocated then?
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited November 2014
    Ignore me I'm stupid.
  • TheCoffeeGodTheCoffeeGod Member Posts: 618
    As long as you get the spelling correct, tagging isn't case sensitive.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    weird it comes up with both as suggested spellings when i typed it in so i assumed there were multiple.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2014
    Jidokwon said:

I'm running IWDEE v1.3.2058. I think it's only a sling +1 or something minor in the closet, but it's still pretty annoying that I can't loot it. At this point in the game, my party only has 746 gold, so every little bit would help. If I made a quick mod to relocate him to a more sensible location would I have to start a new game or would it work for saves that I haven't visited his hut? Only an hour or two into the game, so I guess it wouldn't matter much. @Elminster: Without full spoilers, are there a lot of NPC mislocated then?

I meant are you running the game in windows, Mac, android, etc. it could be an OS specific issue.
    @Elminster: Game is being run by Windows 7.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    There is a trick for this that has always been in the Infinity Engine games. Click on the closet and your character will try to get in the spot to open it, but even though he/she can't get in that spot, if you wait a few seconds your character will open the closet anyway.
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426

There is a trick for this that has always been in the Infinity Engine games. Click on the closet and your character will try to get in the spot to open it, but even though he/she can't get in that spot, if you wait a few seconds your character will open the closet anyway.

That no longer works in EE.
    But with careful maneuver you can move behind him and open the closet.

Redrake said:

That no longer works in EE.
    But with careful maneuver you can move behind him and open the closet.

That should be the case, but @Jidokwon‌ is not able to do that, apparently.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    All this for a +1 sling?
  • RedrakeRedrake Member Posts: 426
    Wowo said:

All this for a +1 sling?

And 20 bullets.

It's still free.
    And without reading full spoilers, how is one supposed to find what all is added in the EE versions? I haven't seen anything new yet, but that doesn't mean they didn't add anything. (or does it? - Steam's store description was pretty weak)