Skip to content

maps reset and world map wiped out

OK...weird glitch. I am in the Dragon's eye..I killed the Lizard King, did a save and then headed to the next level with the trolls. I was getting my butt kicked so I went back to the area with the slaves.
The map had reset and when I looked at the world map all the other locations are gone...Kuldahar...gone, the Vale...gone. Easthaven is all that remains and it won't let me go there.

Any thoughts besides starting over?

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    load earlier save and see if t happens again?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    running any mods?
  • rcosborne11rcosborne11 Member Posts: 8
    no mods...wubble...here is where I'm an idiot...I just kept doing a quicksave. I should have done a save at kuldahar, etc...looks like I'm starting over...oh well...at least its a fun game!
  • travisdeethtravisdeeth Member Posts: 1
    I need a solution to this problem as well. Was attempting to perform a quick save, and game crashed. When I restarted all the maps had reset all the mobs. Didn't think much about it til I attempted to go use the world map, and now there are no towns there. This is complete garbage. If this isnt fixed within 24 hours I will gladly charge back the $20 because this game isn't playable as is.
    edited December 2014

I need a solution to this problem as well. Was attempting to perform a quick save, and game crashed. When I restarted all the maps had reset all the mobs. Didn't think much about it til I attempted to go use the world map, and now there are no towns there. This is complete garbage. If this isnt fixed within 24 hours I will gladly charge back the $20 because this game isn't playable as is.

I doubt there is anything that can be done for your save. That said where were you performing the quick save? What operating system are you playing the game in (Mac, PC, Android, IOS, etc)?
  • kensaikensai Member Posts: 228
    well you can jump to locations via cheat codes (movetoarea or something like that). That way a location should appear on world map.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460

this happened to me too, on Ipad while playing bg2, the game crashed while quick saving. Due to limited memory, the game crashes after every 40 minutes of play. I loaded the quick save, which had no picture, no picture of party members like other usual saves do. It seemed to work okay. But it was not. My guess is te crash prevented it from saving current stuff like maps visited and revealed, etc, along with the party members pictures and screenshot of the save. When I returned to Waukeen's promenade it was as if I have never been there.

Well I"m going to tag @Troodon80. OP didn't make it clear if they were using a tablet or what, but its obviously a very serious bug either way.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    There was an issue noted on tablet (specifically Android, I think?) where doing a quick save would corrupt the save and potentially cause the game to crash—it could be it, or it might be something else entirely. Unfortunately, I don't think there has been a reliable test case where the issue can be replicated (I haven't had the issue at all, for example).

Details such as what you were doing during the session (reading the journal, looking at the mage spells, etc., as best you can remember) leading up to your quick save attempt would be greatly appreciated.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @‌Troodon80

Actually it's a problem present in all the platforms, because it's a left-over bug from the original BG2 (I got it happen there at least two times), but won't affect anything if the game has enough memory to dispose of when writing the saved game's data (I never get it to happen in any other platform than my Wineskin'd BG2:ToB).

Also, I've found easy to replicate cases like this by easily causing an overload of different structures in the .are file (at that time I had exactly 217 traps, and many dead actors from the previous slaughters), and trying to save the game (in some cases it succeeds, in other cases it crashes). The first time it happened to me I was doing this.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited December 2014
    What was worse, Aerie was crying about visiting her uncle, and when I entered the circus tent, we were back in Kalah's realm again. But there was no Kalah since he was already dead. His death was the trigger to return to normal world, so we were stuck. It was the worst of the fates, being stuck in a small, empty world with a whining Aerie...for all eternity!

I guess something equally terrible could happen in iwd too, if the bug strikes, so I play half a hour and save and quit the game, re enter and continue. This way I think I may prevent the crash caused by the game running out of memory to run on.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Except for the mighty Tiax who gave him the power in the first place! Gnome uprising! One day, Tiax will point and click!

Let's not also forget that while the less almighty mages and CHARNAME were confronting Irenicus in Spellhold, Tiax secretly summoned a simulacrum to take his place ing the battle and escaped the asylum to enact the final stage of his plan...to run CHARNAME out of Amn and into Tethyr so that he may conquer Athkatla without fail.

Tiax will be the last...and Kalah will go first.