Skip to content

Lord of Misrule.

kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
It's traditional at christmas to temporarily boot out the Lord-Earl -King-Whatever from his throne and replace him for the 12 days of festivites with a Lord of Misrule. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_Misrule

So do we have any nominations for the forums own Lord or Lady of misrule?

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    @Flashburn should be in charge of December here on the forums.... So his name is in the ring.

Bengoshi is always worth a look....

Iolien is a fungi....
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I must admit to having a soft spot for fungoids. They can be so delicious. Also, poisonous, but only if you're stupid.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @Flashburn - it could be
    Flashburn said:

You mean this isn't a chance to get married to Beshaba?

Damn...

It could be - so long as you persuade The Lord of Mirsule to make it so!
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    what about @santa? Surely he should get the title.
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    lolien said:

I support @Flashburn‌ as a Lord of Misrule. (However, don't make the same mistake as i and search for his name at google pics...)

Ouch... I just thought my name sounded cool, I didn't know that a flash burn was actually a thing.
    @Flashburn its pretty painful - and thank the gods and godesses I only ever had to treat someone with it once.
    But it's still a cool sounding name :)
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    Hoooooray!!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Aw jeez... uh, I mean -

I shall do everything in my power to keep this group safe, and on the path of Right.

So tell me more about the Lord of Misrule, @kiwidoc. Since its a tradition from across the pond, I don't know much about it. When do I start and what's the role? I hope I get to demand tribute from the local peasants. :trollface:
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    I support this.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    kiwidoc said:

We'll avoid any of the earlier, darker traditions behind the Lord of Misrule. We won't sacrifice you to the gods by slitting your throat and pouring your rich red blood over the snowy white fields, thus ensuring the sun will rise again after all the short nights and that the land will be fertile once more ...

Oh well that's good. I'd hate to get blood on my suit. Really ruins the whole "wacky party" thing we were originally going with.
    @Elrandir but I see you are already wearing a hat that celebrates the blood on the snow imagery ..... so blood on your suit wouldn't be such a clash after all (wink)
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    kiwidoc said:

@Elrandir but I see you are already wearing a hat that celebrates the blood on the snow imagery ..... so blood on your suit wouldn't be such a clash after all (wink)

I thought the red and white of santa was just a coca cola ad campaign.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Oh no, I'm speaking of my christmas suit. I imagine it'll be fancy dress at the Feast of Fools, and never let it be said that I underdress.
    I'll have to keep my eye out for some good costume pix for our feast. I presume the Lord of Misrule will have to open the festivities, and invite us all to join in.