Skip to content

Cleaning out my inventory

been a while since i played through the game - still with vanilla version - and cant remember if there is any bad juju if i drop some of the useless notes - the ones from tazok, etc - that are cluttering up my inventory screen... i cant sell them, and cant remember if i can drop them without ruining anything game/story wise...

Comments

• CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    I dont think you need them for anything, someone please correct me if I'm wrong
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Nope. Not needed. Discard at earliest convenience.
  • ValferysValferys Member Posts: 47
    thx :)
    none of them have those descriptions, just the text of the actual letter... there is no option to sell them like some of the other ones - bounty letters mostly - so im not sure if i can drop em without breaking my game later on...
    if there were any scroll cases in vanilla, id be way happier... the further i progress into the game, im reminded how useful gem bags and scroll cases are in bg2, and am leaning towards just getting ee off steam... any way i can transfer my saved game, or am i stuck at the start? lol
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    I am about to complete the Durlags Tower and then complete the Iron Throne quest line, and I haven't found any gem bags yet in BGEE, FYI. I'm about 80% through the game, completing every available quest along the way. I have heard that Neera has one, but that is DLC. I have found one scroll case (which has come in EXTREMELY handy), and one potion case. Also, I saw one ammo belt, but didnt buy it and now cant remember where it was >_<
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    CField17 said:

I am about to complete the Durlags Tower and then complete the Iron Throne quest line, and I haven't found any gem bags yet in BGEE, FYI. I'm about 80% through the game, completing every available quest along the way. I have heard that Neera has one, but that is DLC. I have found one scroll case (which has come in EXTREMELY handy), and one potion case. Also, I saw one ammo belt, but didnt buy it and now cant remember where it was >_<</p>

Neera has the only gem bag I think.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    elminster said:

CField17 said:

I am about to complete the Durlags Tower and then complete the Iron Throne quest line, and I haven't found any gem bags yet in BGEE, FYI. I'm about 80% through the game, completing every available quest along the way. I have heard that Neera has one, but that is DLC. I have found one scroll case (which has come in EXTREMELY handy), and one potion case. Also, I saw one ammo belt, but didnt buy it and now cant remember where it was >_<</p>

I killed her and took it from her corpse.
    Being evil is really hard :(
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    wubble said:

elminster said:

CField17 said:

I killed her and took it from her corpse.
    Being evil is really hard :(
    No need to kill her. You could have just pick pocketed her! :)
  • TsunadesSTRTsunadesSTR Member Posts: 12
    I´d like to throw those items im not sure about in a stash in some inn. they stay there till u back pick em up
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    I kept a few stash containers early on - usually one in each major meeting place, FAI, Beregost, Nashkel, and then moved them all to the barrels in front of the Elf Song once I got into BG City - of course 80% of the wands, scrolls, potions, and other (I'llsavetheseuntilIreallyneedthemitems) were still there after Sarevok fell... ;-)

(any container in an area that does not change during gameplay is a safe stash spot)
  • LeokostaLeokosta Member Posts: 73
    Thats why I love mods. Pack mule is one of them.
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    wubble said:

With the EE you can copy them into your journal and throw them away freely, though you still need to keep the important ones.
    Thwow them to the floor!

I agree with the addition that you should thwow them HARD to the floor!!!!

Or is my memory playing tricks with me???
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    I am super obsessive about keeping my inventory neat. Scroll cases/gem bags etc. have been the best things that ever happened to my BG games. If I reorganize my inventory and I have 81 arrows of a particular kind, I'll throw the one away. I also went the stuff-notes-into-a barrel route in case they were important later.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

If I reorganize my inventory and I have 81 arrows of a particular kind, I'll throw the one away.

Unless they're really worth keeping (meaning it's an Arrow of Detonation or an Arrow of Dispelling), I do the same. It also happens to me that my Wands of Fire *must* have the same number of charges on both abilities.
    Oh, I know him! Also one of my favorites! "Ewww. I got nature on me."
    *Natalie dabs at him with a leaf*
    "You can't clean nature with nature!!"
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    He should totally be the basis for a new monk kit!

I usually pick a place with multiple containers and then divide everything up by items types: one barrel for melee weapons, a bookcase for scrolls, a desk for missile weapon ammo, etc. I spend a lot of time storing the items, but usually forget to use them when I would normally need them. Still, I just can't discard or sell them for some reason. Old RPG hoarding habits I guess.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    It's a jungle out there.
    Disorder and confusion everywhere.
    No one seems to care. Well, I do!
    Hey, who's in charge here?!

I memorized the whole song. Good times...
    I'm wearing my Captain America shirt today and it reminded me of my favourite episode, where Monk thinks he's going crazy because he witnesses a murder that disappears, and Disher shows up in his Captain America pyjamas.