Skip to content

What class/classes/kits are you most looking forward to playing next? (BGEE/BG2EE/IWDEE)

elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
I just started a beast master playthrough in BGEE yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far. It got me thinking though that it was a kit I'd never seriously played before.

So with that in mind what classes/kits are you most looking forward to playing during your next playthrough?

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Cleric of Tempus in the BG trilogy.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    Team I have envisioned for my first Core playthrough in IWDEE is at the moment*:
    Barbarian - Half-orc - DW Axes
    Dragon Disciple - Half-orc or Dwarf - Darts and Quarterstaff
    Bard
    Undead Hunter - Human - X-bow and Long Sword
    Avenger
    Thief (probably pure) - Elf - Bow

All chars but thief will be my first timers and I really look forward to playing them all =D

*it will be still some time (hopefully short, Steam sale starting in 5 days) before I buy the game, additionally I will most likely finish my current BG2EE run first (also beta won't test itself =P) and since I suffer from extreme case of Charectorosis, this lineup might change XD On the other hand, I have already 3.66 teams planned for IWDEE which cover most of characters I would like to test out, so maybe the lineup will hold.
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Shikao said:

Team I have envisioned for my first Core playthrough in IWDEE is at the moment*:
    Barbarian - Half-orc - DW Axes
    Dragon Disciple - Half-orc or Dwarf - Darts and Quarterstaff
    Bard
    Undead Hunter - Human - X-bow and Long Sword
    Avenger
    Thief (probably pure) - Elf - Bow

All chars but thief will be my first timers and I really look forward to playing them all =D

*it will be still some time (hopefully short, Steam sale starting in 5 days) before I buy the game, additionally I will most likely finish my current BG2EE run first (also beta won't test itself =P) and since I suffer from extreme case of Charectorosis, this lineup might change XD On the other hand, I have already 3.66 teams planned for IWDEE which cover most of characters I would like to test out, so maybe the lineup will hold.

If it's bgee on steam you wish for I could give you an early Xmas gift :wink:
    I have a steam key(a gift a friend forgot about and did not turn in). Could message it to you if you want it?
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    After I finish reading some 30 light novel volumes or so, I plan to roleplay as an Dwarven Defender that focuses solely on shield usage. In other words, I'll prohibit that character from ever wielding a weapon throughout the whole saga. I have high hopes for that upcoming playthrough. :wink:
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    I usually play Fighter or Mage heavy parties. I will try an Archer as my protagonist in BG2EE beta. Also would like to solo a Shadowdancer.
  • dibdib Member Posts: 384
    Right now I'm having a lot of fun testing out my own Eldritch Knight kit (sorcerer with some warrior ability). He also has a Barbarian buddy who wields a one-handed spear with a shield. :smile:
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I haven't tried out Blackguard as a PC, so I'd love to do that. I also have a Priest of Lathander that hasn't gotten to BG2 yet, and I'm looking forward to seeing how single-classed clerics play at higher levels. I also have an idea for a Fighter 3 -> Invoker floating around in my head, but that's mostly concept-based, not class-based.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650
    I've never finished the Viconia romance. I am feeling uninspired regarding charname. I am playing with the idea of a Totemic Druid (10)>fighter for that purpose. Enjoying this thread, maybe I will get some new ideas.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875

After I finish reading some 30 light novel volumes or so, I plan to roleplay as an Dwarven Defender that focuses solely on shield usage. In other words, I'll prohibit that character from ever wielding a weapon throughout the whole saga. I have high hopes for that upcoming playthrough. :wink:

Dual wield shields for double the AC.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    As soon as I finish the Tale of Yahiko the Totemic Druid, I would go for a solo Wizard Slayer who will use missile weapons and will try not to engage in melee as long as possible.

The fact a WS's ability acts both for melee and missile weapons in the 1.3 patch (just like in BGEE) will help with this concept.
  • ShikaoShikao Member Posts: 376
    bengoshi said:

As soon as I finish the Tale of Yahiko the Totemic Druid, I would go for a solo Wizard Slayer who will use missile weapons and will try not to engage in melee as long as possible.

The fact a WS's ability acts both for melee and missile weapons in the 1.3 patch (just like in BGEE) will help with this concept.

Oh, can't wait to hear about your WS. I have plan to play WS at some point as well and ranged is one of ideas I have for them.