Skip to content

#11084 Lich with Phreya should not be invincible

LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
edited December 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.3.2064)
After I kill the woman and then I attack the lich but the lich stay near dead and he is unkillable.

Also Hexxat keep repeating the same reponse after that.

Can @gate70 or anyone else help me with this?

Here is the save.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• TYTJaminTYTJamin Member Posts: 2
    I am having the same issue
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    edited December 2014
    @LordLeviathan‌ @TYTJamin‌
    Could you try after unzipping and adding this file to your override folder to see if that helps.

Thanks

(edit, file removed as replaced with another on later post)
    Post edited by Gate70 on
  • LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
    edited December 2014
    Thank you, it's work in my case.

I don't know if the problem occur because I used a pre-patch save or the patch himself.

Maybe I should waited to finish my playthrough before downloading the patch then again I know that Hexxat quest was quite buggy before it so I don't know.

edit: It seem the door to the real lich remain close, anyway to fix this @gate70 or anyone?

Here is the save.
    Post edited by LordLeviathan on
    @LordLeviathan‌
    I'm not sure that one is a bug, I assumed the other doors needed to be set to a certain pattern. Will have a look and see if I can work it out.
  • LordLeviathanLordLeviathan Member Posts: 97
    Thank you, it's worked and I have done all Hexxat tob quest.
    Tagged.
    Thanks
  • TYTJaminTYTJamin Member Posts: 2
    It worked for me as well
  • NeeraNeera Member Posts: 1
    Thank you so much, I was beginning to get really desperate. I encountered the exact same bug. The lich couldn't be killed, a real roadblock.

But the override file from Gate70 allowed me to progress! Thanks again, I hope this will be fixed more permanently at some point, so it will work even without the extra override file!
  • AegisAegis Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem. After finishing all HPs from the Lich my journal was updated but the lich was still alive and became immortal. How can I fix that glitch?
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    The fix worked for me as well, thanks.
    @Aegis‌ you'd have to close the game down, unzip the file attached above into your override folder, start the game and load a save from before fighting the lich.
  • eyaleyal Member Posts: 4
    hi,
    I am facing the same problem. What is the override folder, exactly? I took a look at the folder where the BEII EE is located and found only a data folder. Where exactly should I unzip this file in order to fix this bug?
    thanks
    also, in the data folder I have files with .BIF extension and the zip contains a file with a .BCS extension...
    @eyal‌
    If you're on PC and Beamdog you can right-click the game within the launcher to get "Open Game Location". After opening that, double-click the highlighted folder. The override folder needs to be there, e,g. for me c:\beamdog\games\00783 and it is likely you'll need to create a new override.

It varies by platform and store, and I'm not sure whether all of them can take overrides so if that's the case you may either have to wait for a fix or zip/attach a save and ask someone else to get you past that part (If that is the case I can look at the issue again and see if there is an alternate workaround.
    Thanks
    well, i unzipped this file into the data folder (the only one that I have with all the .BIF) extensions and loaded a save before fighting the lich and Phreya and it did not work :-(
    hi,
    it seems to work. I created a folder named override and unzipped the file there. loaded a save before the fight and the lich was killed.
  • HumbleScribeHumbleScribe Member Posts: 10
    Can I just add my thanks for this patch - this had been driving me mad over Xmas, but it has resolved it with no issues. FWIW Phreya didn't steal the Cask of Dragomir from me either, I'm not sure if that's related.
  • Fede_30_84Fede_30_84 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Everyone! I´m new in the forums. Maybe someone can help me with the problems i´m having with Hexxat quest in TOB.

First of all, i´m in Korkorran maze. Facing Phreya and the decoy lich.

1° Problem: I kill Phreya, but when i fight the decoy lich… he does not die. Here are some screenshot of the problem. I keep hitting him, with no results.

2° Problem: I leave the “inmortal” lich alone (my journey updates saying that it was not Korkorran, just a decoy), walking to the next room. Here Neera starts to “talk” to my carácter saying: “yes?”, “i´m ready”, ¿Hm?, etc. It´s a dialogue loop. I solve it killing Neera or kicking her out of the group. Here is the Screenshot of the problema.

3° Problem: Yes, maybe i got a new record of bugs in the same screen. But, after all the previous problems, Hexxat starts a dialogue with my carácter saying that the Lich was not Kekorran and bla, bla, bla. Here is another loop. She keeps saying the same, no matter what i answer. Here is the screenshot.
    Well, maybe someone can help with this… i´m stuck here! Thanks to all! 

Sorry for my bad english! :-)
  • Fede_30_84Fede_30_84 Member Posts: 1
    It works!!! Thanks a lot for the help!!! :smile:
    Merged into report.
    Thanks
  • FiniusCorpiusFiniusCorpius Member Posts: 7
    I am at the lich and thief part I kill the thief and the lich too but it brings up journal notes like a beat the lich but he doesnt de spawn he stands there and I cant move on and I accidently saved over my other save so now my previous save is beginnning of tob when currently i am almost done with it. I cant get out is there a way to move on or un bug i have an auto save right before the fight but no matter how many times i reload it happens
    Merged into earlier report @FiniusCorpius‌

If you can add the file posted earlier to your game it should work, if not post a save.
    Thanks
  • StrunkStrunk Member Posts: 21
    edited January 2015
    The last Hexxat TOB quest. When I killed Phreya with first lich. Hexxat won't pick her cloak up. when journal updated, she will repeated her dialogue (warning this lich is not real Korkorran) with protagonist again and again and not let go.

I played this quest twice. The first time, Phreya making off with Hexxat's cloak didn't trigger. That means Hexxat keeps her cloak till she met Phreya with that fake lich. Actually, she will not go to pick up her cloak. I though that was bug-related.

Then I played again. In second time, I triggered the making off cloak dialogue. Phreya stole Hexxat's cloak. But when I set my foot in west inner part of map, killed Phreya and first lich, the bug is the same. BTW, I never can really kill that lich only to make him near death.

Hope somebody can help me. Here is my save.
  • FiniusCorpiusFiniusCorpius Member Posts: 7
    Thanks gate I could give you a kiss
    edited January 2015
    @Strunk‌ same for you I believe. Hexxat's dialogue sets a variable from 1 to 2, the near-dead lich resets it to 1, and Hexxat talks setting it to 2... and so on.

You'd need to unzip the file attached on the 5th post here to an override folder within your game folder. e.g. mine is C:\BeamDog\Games\00783\Override
    & a save after the event if you can't.
  • StrunkStrunk Member Posts: 21
    Gate70 said:

& a save after the event if you can't.

THANKS!!! MAN!!

BTW, I only can find a titled 'override' folder within lang/es_ES folder. I unzip 5th floor zip file into it and tried. It seems don't work out. But anyway, I got a save file, i'm satisified. You know, this problem drive me crazy.

Best Regards, You = Awesome