Skip to content

#11084 Lich with Phreya should not be invincible

Comments

• MajorianMajorian Member Posts: 1
    I'm having this same issue as well on my iPhone. Is there a way to work around this on iPhone? Or do I just have to wait for a patch?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    It depends if you can get to the save via ifunbox or itools.
  • EddEdd Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I am having the same issue on the Android version guessing the override will not work on this? did manage to extract my save file if that is any help. image
    Try this @Edd the quicksave is before dialogue so if that doesn't work use the other one.

& I think the override would work on Android if you placed it into the portraits folder.
  • EddEdd Member Posts: 2
    Many thanks Gate70

unzipped the override in Android\data\com.beamdog.baldursgateIIenhancededition\files\portraits

this resolved the issue.
  • KarjalaKarjala Member Posts: 7
    Gate70 said:

hmm.

Try this override instead - you'll need to fight Phreya and the lich again though.

You are the hero Gotham deserves. Trent & Team - come on folks, why is this not fixed years after the game came out?

• zhongzhong Member Posts: 1
    This drives me crazy too!!!!! I do not have a save before this quest either. I struggled for like two hours and tried every way to kill the two but the lich just stand there and refused to die!! I was seriously thinking of crying a bit and giving up the game. Then I saw this post and gave a try. I felt like that I saw a miracle when the lich broke into pieces and the door opened!!! Thank you so much!!!!!

BTW, I use a Mac Pro and the override file works without any problem.
  • SuchoopSuchoop Member Posts: 4
    I'm having the same problem as many posters above, however the override file unfortunately hasn't fixed it. I'm playing on Android with a Samsung Galaxy S5.

To begin with, when I first encountered the simulacrum lich I killed Phreya and brought the lich to near death, then after a while Hexxat initiated dialogue re the casque not working. However, the lich stayed on near death indefinitely and Hexxat kept repeating the dialogue, also indefinitely.

After installing the override (in portraits because I'm on Android - which worked fine for the demogorgon fix found elsewhere on these boards), the lich still stays indefinitely on near death but I don't even get the Hexxat dialogue.

Save game attached - if anyone is able to provide an override fix or a save game after the simulacrum lich fight, I would be hugely grateful! Full disclosure - I made one tweak in EEKeeper early on to make Hexxat romanceable for my male Charname (although fruitlessly, as it never progressed very far in SoA) - hopefully that's not the cause of my woes now.
    Here you go @Suchoop
  • SuchoopSuchoop Member Posts: 4
    Just spotted the comment I tried to leave last week didn't make it on for some reason. Huge thanks to @Gate70 for responding so quickly with the save game - worked perfectly of course. Excellent example of how good this community is.
  • ShaddaxShaddax Member Posts: 1
    Just wanted to say thanks to @Gate70- I got stuck with the same bug, and the override and advice here fixed it beautifully.
  • jmpriest86jmpriest86 Member Posts: 2
    ive played baldurs gate for a while but i dont know how to technically fix the problem
    im on windows
    not sure exactly what to do with the override.
    baldurs gate 2 ee is in documents
    which is where i find my saved games and stuff but im not 100% sure how to fix the nearly dead lich and dialogue loop

You can either zip and attach a 00000nnnn-savename folder, or download and unzip the override file to the game location e.g. mine is C:\BeamDog\Games\00783\Override (you may need to create the override folder yourself.
  • jmpriest86jmpriest86 Member Posts: 2
    not sure how to pass this, once i smash them

dialogue loop and near death

where would i put the file so it doesnt happen

there are a few chioces, new to doing this stuff sorry if its not to clear
    under
    docs/ bgIIEE/save/ (game)/ add ohhdecoy(the file unzipped)
    or i could go
    C/programfiles x86/ bgIIee/data/00783/data/add ohhdecoy(unzipped)
    or
    C/ programfiles x86/black isle/bgIISoa/override or portraits or save or/add ohhdecoy(unzipped)
    edited June 2015
    @jmpriest86
    This, it needs to be done when the game is not running. Although I'm not sure why your 783 is within a data folder.
    C/programfiles x86/ bgIIee/data/00783/override/add ohhdecoy

If you have the Beamdog launcher installed, right-click the Baldurs Gate II entry instead of left clicking the ready to play button. That should give you the option of "open game location" which will highlight the 783 folder. Double click that and create the override in that location.

& save attached in case you can't get it to work.
  • sdbsdb Member Posts: 2
    Having the same unkillable lich issue on the IPAD. I assume unless I want to jailbreak my device to get at an override folder there is no way around this for me? This really is inexcusable - almost 6 months after the first report of this bug it is still in existence and completely game breaking.
  • harryflashharryflash Member Posts: 5
    Gate70 - help!
    you're the boss
  • AngryMonkeyAngryMonkey Member Posts: 4
    I'm trying to get hold of OHHDECOY.Zip, but for some reason I only see zip files as images on this page. I cannot download the zip files. I don't appear to have any issues with zip files on non-beamdog forum pages, so presume it's something specific to this environment.

Any suggestions what may be causing this?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @AngryMonkey make sure you are logged in when you are looking to download these files.
  • AngryMonkeyAngryMonkey Member Posts: 4
    That was it. Thank you very much!
  • CalealenCalealen Member Posts: 1
    I couldnt get it to work for steam either, SDB's approach helped though. solves Neera's bugging as well
  • redrobitredrobit Member Posts: 3
    Override not working on galaxy s4 please help
    Good on ya @Gate70
  • ahkuilonahkuilon Member Posts: 1
    Bump. Having this issue on my iPhone as well. Would rather not have to jailbreak my iPhone just to modify a file for a known issue from December of last year. Is this going to be patched in a update?