Skip to content

#11084 Lich with Phreya should not be invincible

Comments

• Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Glad to hear it.

The override folder needs to be created after the 00783 part (not there as default because there were no overrides with releases). You may as well remove the file from the other location.
  • novacnovac Member Posts: 1
    i am having the same problem with the un-killable lich and I wad unable to download the fix I saw can you help?
    Zip & attach your save please @novac
  • Julz'erJulz'er Member Posts: 4
    I'm at the end of the Heexat quest's and I'm f***ing stock at the lich battle. I couldn't kill it and it look like unbeatable. Plus, I can't leave the tomb neither. So what, I stock right there and I need help from someones could give me code line or just fixe that bug. I don't know if it's just need a patch or a little update. But, I'll use the community for helping me about it. Thank guys for your time. And, I hope you will find something to clear that frustading issue. I can send my saves by e-mail if that helps someones.

Juls.cesear@gmail.com

Merged into main thread, see if the above helps you @Julz'er
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    edited February 2015
    Same here... seriously guys this kind of bugs drives me crazy...
    here is the save
    Here you go @Kharador and a couple of screenshots of the ensuing dialogue.
    thx dude
  • carlostincacarlostinca Member Posts: 11
    Hi,

I created time ago a post about this error, but no one said that (maybe) i have to put that on here. So im leaving it here (mods can delete the last one).

"Hi,

Im having a problem after the first fight with Korkorran, i "kill him" but he wont die, just stay there whitout doing anything (but the diary updates saying that he was a copy).

Also, after that, Neera would keep selecting and following me.

Any fix for this? I leave the save archive in case of your need.
    Thanks (and sorry about my english),
    Carlos"

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38912/bug-korkorran-dont-die-at-first-fight-and-neera-keeps-selecting
    Hi @carlostinca I have merged your post into this topic. If you are comfortable using an override file, there is one on the 7th post of page 1 here.

If not, the attached save is after the lich is defeated.
  • SassySassy Member Posts: 1
    I tried to use the override file posted earlier, but it didn't seem to work on my Mac. Any solutions to this?

Alternatively, does anyone know how restore an old save file? If the override file doesn't work out, I am kind of stuck in this stupid tomb with an unkillable lich and I don't have any saves from before I went on Hexxat's quest.

Thanks!
    Hello @Sassy
    If the lich is already hostile in your most recent save the override won't help.

If the lich isn't hostile, have you followed these steps.
    1. Close the game down.
    2. Unzip the contents of the file into your override folder.
    3. Start the game and load the save.

If you haven't saved to different names, e.g. relied on the same save slot, then you don't have any other saves. Zip and attach a save here if that's the situation.
    Thanks
  • BonhamBonham Member Posts: 1
    Hello! Just wanted to say that Gate70's fix totally worked for me. I was stuck until I found this thread and quite grumpy about it. Thank you very much! I am much obliged.
  • timur743timur743 Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2015
    Hello, I encountered this bug, while doing Hexxat's lich quest. After killing the false lich and his accomplice Neera tries to talk to any character, but she can't. So she just exclaims something every 2-3 seconds and goes to the nearest char.
    Please, help me!
    Post edited by timur743 on
    and also, the lich did die only de jure (journal updated and he stopped attacking) but he is still standing there, invincible, but "near death"
    Hi @timur743 I've merged your post into the main report for this issue. The attached save is made from loading your save, having Neera do her dialogue once and then saving. I've checked on a unmodded install and it seems to work fine so you should be able to use it.

If you intend replaying before this issue is patched, there is an override file in page 1 of this thread that should prevent the issue.
    Thanks
    Thank you a lot, you're awesome!
  • LilyHazeLilyHaze Member Posts: 1
    Gate70 said:

hmm.

Try this override instead - you'll need to fight Phreya and the lich again though.

How do I download the file? I can't interact with it at all and I'm having the same issue everyone else in this thread has had.
    Hi @LilyHaze were you logged in at the time?
  • KidaKida Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2015
    As stated in title, I kill the Lich that isn't Korkorran(spelling?) and Hexxat keeps initiating the same dialogue repeatedly, preventing the quest from continuing and me from doing, well, anything. I have the save from immediately before the fight attached.
    Note: I do have debug mode enabled, if that helps solve the issue.
    Hi @Kida I've moved your post to the report for this issue. There is an override file on page 1 that you can use with your save, or if that's not convenient for you I've attached a save after killing the decoy.
  • mpohumpohu Member Posts: 2
    Hi mister Gate70,
    I'm afraid I'm having this issue against Kokorran, the lich-that-cannot-die.
    Would you kindly help me pass beyond the death of the lich? The override seems a most efficacious technique. This save is right between the death of Phreya and the engaging of the lich. Much thanks.
    Try this @mpohu and screenshot of dialogue between saves.
    [Spoiler]
    [/Spoiler]
  • mpohumpohu Member Posts: 2
    It work like a charm! Thank you profusely.
  • randzorkrandzork Member Posts: 1
    Hello everyone first time player. I also can't seem to kill korkorran. Can someone help me with this problem. I would surely appreciated.
    Hi @randzork you can either attach a zipped save at/near this issue or use the override file on the first page.
  • AlbertPAlbertP Member Posts: 2
    So I have this issue as well with Hexxat and the Lich, but am unable to download the file in this thread. Th - it appears as a image (file image with OHHDECOY.zip caption in Chrome/Firefox) without any download options. Also my Steam-installed game version does not appear to have an override folder. Appreciate any help.
  • AlbertPAlbertP Member Posts: 2
    AlbertP said:

So I have this issue as well with Hexxat and the Lich, but am unable to download the file in this thread. Th - it appears as a image (file image with OHHDECOY.zip caption in Chrome/Firefox) without any download options. Also my Steam-installed game version does not appear to have an override folder. Appreciate any help.

Ok it worked -- I opened the post, downloaded the file, saved it to a folder SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Override and reloaded a save prior to the Phreya/A-Lich fight.

Thanks