Skip to content

Which is the Best Battle Steed?

13»

Comments

• dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    @Elrandir @Musigny & @kiwidoc At the risk of derailing this thread, I distinctly remember dreaming about not only Emma Peel but that Bentley as well!

Meanwhile back on topic (sort of), I often feel that some of my characters should be riding into battle on a Harley with Bat Out Of Hell blaring out of a ghetto blaster strapped to the front forks.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    dunbar said:

@Elrandir @Musigny & @kiwidoc At the risk of derailing this thread, I distinctly remember dreaming about not only Emma Peel but that Bentley as well!

Meanwhile back on topic (sort of), I often feel that some of my characters should be riding into battle on a Harley with Bat Out Of Hell blaring out of a ghetto blaster strapped to the front forks.

@dunbar‌ To me Blaze of glory always seems like a suitable choice for a heroic charge.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Warning: The following paragraph derails the thread in it's whole, and may cause undesired quantities of nostalgia. Read at your own risk.

Mrs. Peel was great, but I loved almost all Steed's companions. Mrs. Peel was undoubtedly the best, but Gambit, Purdey, and even Tara were great. (Gambit was my mancrush monday before I knew what those were) I never saw any of the episodes with Dr. Keel, and I wasn't a big fan of Cathy, but overall I loved that show. Tara's season(s?) were probably my favorite simply because I preferred the episodes, but Tara herself just could never compare to Emma. At least not when she had to follow her up immediately.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited January 2015
    Yes, those mornings when the image of Diana Rigg in tight, black leather trousers is still vividly etched in your mind for some reason that you don't really understand but makes you feel 'funny'.

(Edit: For those of you too young to remember, just search google images for Avengers Diana Rigg and then you'll understand!)
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    kiwidoc said:

@Elrandir & @Musigny Hey guys - it was my childhood too, and Mrs Peel RULES!
    Do we need a thread for appreciating the REAL Avengers?

Up to you. This is you thread.

Cheers !
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    This is best steed.