Skip to content

Lamalha, Maneira, Telka and Zeela fight

Ok so as I was exiting the Nashkel mines, i then go upwards and encounter this party of assassins. Now I have dealt with people trying to kill me a bunch of times in this game, however here I have been completely and utterly annihilated every time.

Im not sure what Im doing wrong. My entire party is lvl 2, except for Neera who is 1 and Imoen who is 3, so I dont know if its because im low level or something. I mean I would imagine I am not, simply for the fact that it seems they appear right after the Nashkel mines, after Mulahey has been beaten.

I mean these people are doing like 30+ damages to my characters, when the most they have is around 20 something. I just dont understand how I have started to fail so miserably right now.

I wish I didnt have to ask for help, since I like figuring out myself, but Im at wits end here.

Comments

• scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    Ah yes, the amazons. Don't worry, the area you are in is definitely very, very challenging for a party of average level 2. I'm not really sure why the original devs thought it was a good idea to set the back entrance to the mines in an area with such higher level expectancy than one could expect a party to be at after defeating Mulahey, but they did.

Anyway, the easy solution is to go west instead of north after exiting the mines and avoid the amazon party completely, and then come back later when you're at a higher level. It's what I always did, anyway.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,727
    Follow the advice of @scriver‌ and you'll be fine.

It's a common problem to survive this fight at early levels. For e.g., there's another discussion going right at the same time about this encounter: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38534/unbeatable-encounter-after-exiting-nashkel-mines#latest You can take some advice from there too but basically everything comes down to the need of extra XP before facing the amazons.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076

Ok so as I was exiting the Nashkel mines, i then go upwards and encounter this party of assassins. Now I have dealt with people trying to kill me a bunch of times in this game, however here I have been completely and utterly annihilated every time.

Im not sure what Im doing wrong. My entire party is lvl 2, except for Neera who is 1 and Imoen who is 3, so I dont know if its because im low level or something. I mean I would imagine I am not, simply for the fact that it seems they appear right after the Nashkel mines, after Mulahey has been beaten.

I mean these people are doing like 30+ damages to my characters, when the most they have is around 20 something. I just dont understand how I have started to fail so miserably right now.

I wish I didnt have to ask for help, since I like figuring out myself, but Im at wits end here.

If they can do 30+ damage in one hit then you might be playing on a hard difficulty.
  • SeldarSeldar Member Posts: 438
    This is the hardest fight in the game if you follow the main-line story, I mean your level matches with Nashkell's mines, but not with this area.

But, you still can beat them (easily if you are lucky)

Level 1 and 2 wizard spells like Horror, Glitterdust, Sleep, Grease, Stinking Cloud, are very usefull here. Throw everything you have like this, use projectile weapons to avoid your own spells, and let these amazons come to you. They can't resist at all effects. It should be a peace of cake
  • LindeblomLindeblom Member Posts: 257
    If you are level 2, except for Imoen, I would say, get off that map without engaging the amazons. go north on the west side of the mines exit and come back in a couple of levels. In my opinion there is no way you can beat them unless you have alot of experience playing the game at level 2 party.

Some enemies are just to hard, the difference is that after 345 playthroughs we know where everyone is and what they can do ...

Must say I envy you, playing a first time.

And continue figuring out things yourself, dont let us spoil your experience...unless you are really stuck.

I can guarantee that you will end up in more battles where they will kick you ....behind, but that ispart of the game....Have FUN
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,157
    That is definitely a real coming of age fight. I usually avoid them until I'm a little higher level. At your current level it might be winnable if you can sleep or horror them. Other area of effect might work. Be sure to suppress their spell casters, because you are just as vulnerable to such Magic as they are!
  • superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    edited January 2015
    So I just wanted to say I have successfully defeated these 4 without going somewhere else and grinding.

However, I think I did it in the most cheap ass copout way that is possible in this game.

I used the charm spell on each of the 4. Was able to do that by getting close enough to see my target yet not get the aggro dialogue by Lamalha.

However I feel like the biggest loser after doing this. I feel like such a scrub and feel so ashamed of myself. But frankly, I saw no other way to do it. I am inferior to the rest of you all. Sorry.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

So I just wanted to say I have successfully defeated these 4 without going somewhere else and grinding.

However, I think I did it in the most cheap ass copout way that is possible in this game.

I used the charm spell on each of the 4. Was able to do that by getting close enough to see my target yet not get the aggro dialogue by Lamalha.

However I feel like the biggest loser after doing this. I feel like such a scrub and feel so ashamed of myself. But frankly, I saw no other way to do it. I am inferior to the rest of you all. Sorry.

Inferior? After a trick like that? I think not.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,076
    Personally I think that the battle with Molkar is harder.
  • ChnapyChnapy Member Posts: 360
    edited January 2015
    Well during my first playthroughs I kept coming at them at lvl 2 and my tactic was to aggro only the two clerics and let them cast their spells on some meatshield that would go out of view before end of cast, thus taking the spell without any enemy attacking until they ran out of spells and eventually come at me. You might be inferior to some of us but I am inferior even to you, for I abused those little girls repeatedly.

...'k, let's drop the whole insincere woe act, I'm starting to weird myself out.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I think my most satisfying moment ever in a BG playthrough is when my raging barbarian chunked Lamalha with a single swipe of her halberd, just as she was about to get off one of her party-wrecking spells (Lamalha's spellcasting is uninterruptable, as you've probably already found out the hard way). Even now, I can still envision and even hear the sound of her exploding into pieces. After all the hell that she and her party had put me through over countless playthroughs, this was a very satisfying comeuppance.

• superluccixsuperluccix Member Posts: 76
    Hahahaha. Nice explosion of human debris right there
  • israel360israel360 Member Posts: 1
    I created a forum account just to comment on this man , it was so funny , i was trying the charm thing the guy did in this section ,The only problem is the only mage i got in the end of mines was neera , and every time she cast it failed,I was almost giving up , until the last time I tried it, it failed again, but this time, she casted like a fcking cow from the sky ,she destroyed almost the entire team, both mine and the enemy's, there are only two amazons left, which my barbarian and dan easily killed,
    It was the funniest experience I've had with this game so far lol
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,157
    That’s awesome! Neera is often good for a laugh, ultimately she does better with wands than casting!
  • AerakarAerakar Member Posts: 1,026
    That made my day @israel360 , thanks for posting!