Skip to content

Roleplaying drinks

Hi, just wondering, does anyone here role play going to the inns/taverns and having a drink or 5 in the game? Does anyone ever think 'well they've had a few hard battles today, the pc and party deserve some drinks'? Has anyone ever role played an alcoholic pc (sad over the death of Gorion) and spent all of baldurs gate in a drunken haze oblivious to what on earth was going on?
QuartzRavenslightjackjackwubbleJuliusBorisovlolienBelgarathMTHkcwiseKamigoroshi

Comments

• wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I've done it both in game and real life...
    jackjackRavenslightlolienkcwise
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Well, if you follow @lolien‌ 's playthrough http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32641/papaver-somnifer-the-journal-of-a-dwarven-chef-solo-no-item-minimal-reload-challenge#latest , you'll see the main character often visit inns and taverns and try different beverages
    lolienjackjackkcwiseRavenslight
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I usually have them drink stuff to hear rumors and gossip, makes me feel like an information gatherer!
    RavenslightJuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    I use to like keeping my journal clean. Find a quest and doing it before activating another. Drinking and hearing rumours made that impossible so rarely do any of my character drinks.
    wubble
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300

Done it a couple of times. But with every such playthrough my characters suffered an untimely death due to heavy undernutrition. I mean come on! How can an honest drunkard even survive when none of the taverns along the Sword Coast serve any kind of food at all?! At the very least the barkeepers ought to have Faerûnian cheese, soup, or silver dragon sausages on their damn menus! The customer is king? Yeah, riiight... >_>

Isn't it included in the room service?
    lolienJuliusBorisov
  • NukefaceNukeface Member Posts: 91
    I'd always just load up on about 3000 gold and have a "night on the town" so to speak. This was my "RP legitimate" method of inducing alcohol poisoning so that I would be allowed to reroll my character - it wasn't the alcohol, it was the excess, my friends.

I did have a couple of 90lb female half-elf druids who were surprisingly resilient however. Scary thing was you could literally see their soul leave their body as they decided to "let Khalid know a few things about Khalid that Khalid doesn't know." Jaheira was a bad influence on them. We all learned a thing or two about friendship, however.
    jackjackWilburlolienJuliusBorisov