Skip to content

Shouldn't characters know their own armor restrictions??

In my most recent playthrough of BG1:EE, my barbarian charname boasted that she would "look ferocious in" the set of ankheg armor that Taerom was preparing for her.

The problem? - BARBARIANS CAN'T WEAR ANKHEG!!!

The moral of the story?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VrFV5r8cs0

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    A fine feature request! If CHARNAME due to class/kit restrictions can't wear an ankheg armor, the journal entry shouldn't mention that she would look ferocious in it.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    But, to be fair, she probably would look ferocious in it if she could wear it.
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680
    You need to remember that it's just a journal entry setting out what the protagonist is expecting to happen. There was supposed to be another journal 3 days later but it got cut from the game:

"I returned to Taeron "Thunderhammer" of Beregost to pick up my ankheg-shell plate armor today. Three day rush he said. Three day flush more like.

Seriously what was the guy thinking? All that time we spent discussing coloring, light reflection and flattering cuts and what does he produce? Something that looks like a muddy green blob. No way anyone will catch me wearing that!

I guess it's my fault really - with hindsight anyone dumb enough to call themselves "Thunderhammer" can't have much of a sense of style.

At least it's not a total write off. Dorn is so ugly that he can't possibly look any worse in it".