Skip to content

why?

Why does my PC Cavalier run away like a scared child when Aerie turns undead? Last I checked he was still among the ranks of the living. ..

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Its a known bug.
  • CField17CField17 Member Posts: 122
    Sucks! Should've been fixed with 1.3 patch!!
    I believe it may have been created by the 1.3 patch actually :)
  • GlidderdustGlidderdust Member Posts: 70
    I'm pretty sure 1.3 created the bug when they were either adding or adjusting the "turn paladin" ability of evil clerics. Now every cleric turns paladins.

I ended up dropping Keldorn and added Minsc to complete the Temple Ruins area the other day. I picked Keldorm back up and I'll probably just have Anomen stop using turn undead and cast Sunray instead.

The funny thing is that I had Anomen turn undead all the way through the Beholder's Lair and Keldorn never ran in panic. It wasn't until Anomen was level 15 cleric and Keldorn was level 12 or 13.
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282
    Aedan said:

@elminster
    You are wrong: that is a new feature. With her constant whining, Aerie turns away even the most good-tempered paladins :trollface::trollface::trollface:

(yawns) Yeah. Whatever.

To be honest, I hardly ever use turn/control undead abilities anyway, so hadn't noticed this bug. Turn paladin probably has even less opportunity to be useful.

Anyways the good news is that your cavalier should gain levels fairly quickly compared to Aerie. So hopefully that should allow you to avoid it in the future.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,439
    The current behavior also has all kinds of unexpected side effects. You can, for example, turn the disguised paladins in the Windspear Hills or even the paladins who are supporting you to clean out Bodhi's Lair in chapter 6, provided your levels are high enough.
  • SymphonyofSwordsSymphonyofSwords Member Posts: 40
    Turn Undead is awesome. Lich fights turn into a breeze with the push of a single button.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    @elminster‌: Is this new bug related to the fact that whenever I encounter shadows or shadow fiends, their first reaction is to have morale failure and panic? In a couple of seconds, though, they regain their courage and turn to attack me.

Never seen this until 1.3.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Oh man. Just be glad yur Paladian wasn't destroyed outright.

Makes me want to try chunking Keldorn when you first meet him.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,212
    It sort of makes you wonder, what goes on in the paladin's mind as they're fleeing? Do they see something that actually scares them into running? My guess would be a sternly disapproving father figure or something.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Thankfully, we holy swords are entirely immune to turning. Not immune to our wielders falling down a well in panic when things go wrong, however. THAT was a long century, let me tell you.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    kcwise said:

Thankfully, we holy swords are entirely immune to turning. Not immune to our wielders falling down a well in panic when things go wrong, however. THAT was a long century, let me tell you.

Hey, at least you're not Spider's Bane! That guy always ends up in a spider pit because some Noober picks him up and suddenly thinks he's the Grim Reaper of Spiderkind.
    and /thread.