Skip to content

[mod] Yvette Romance

2»

Comments

• ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 877
    edited September 2021
    I'm quite enjoying this mod! The "mystery" concerning Yvette is quite compelling.

But I have a few quick questions:
    Does siding with Bodhi versus the Shadow Thieves in Chapter 3 affect the romance at all?

Does Yvette gain the ability to turn undead at a certain point in the story or at a certain level?
    I ask because she's level 14 now but the party is still in chapter 2.
    If it's story-dependent, I don't need to know more. I just wanted to make sure that nothing was wrong.

Also, Yvette is trained in short bows but can only equip her personal bow. No arrows can be equipped (although the bow does not need them, obviously some arrows are much better than her bow's innate ammunition).
    Is this intentional?
    (I "fixed" it using the "tweaks" mod but it occurred to me afterwards that perhaps it wasn't a bug.)
    Thanks!
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,702
    I can't remember if the had anything against working for Bodhi, I don't think she leaves because of that.

She will become to turn undead, but quite late in the game. Like really late. I'm not sure why I delayed it that much, but she will talk to you once she knows how to do this. Let's just imagine dealing with undead is that kind of stuff she's really bad at.

As for bows: she got that proficiency, because of her personal bow. The mod was made for old BG2 and was released before EE was announced and kit related things changed quite a bit in EE. I bet he kit would be quite different these days. So yeah, it's not exactly a bug, but limitation - both that of mine, and of old BGEE, which offered a bit less option.
    ...but it's nice you fixed it yourself. I think it was a good decition that you did it.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269

Also, Yvette is trained in short bows but can only equip her personal bow. No arrows can be equipped (although the bow does not need them, obviously some arrows are much better than her bow's innate ammunition).
    Is this intentional?
    (I "fixed" it using the "tweaks" mod but it occurred to me afterwards that perhaps it wasn't a bug.)
    [/spoiler]
    Thanks!

What is this "tweaks" mod ?
    I am thinking of trying this mod again in a future run (my game with Yvette last year ended before ToB because my old computer stopped working, but I was quite enjoying having her in my party before that disaster happened).

So, two questions about the current version (5.0):

(1) Is Yvette's "Lips of Rapture" ability fixed? (It didn't seem to work before.)

(2) Is her casting voice fixed? (She used the "male" voice in version 4.1.)

Thanks! :)
    (1) Is Yvette's "Lips of Rapture" ability fixed? (It didn't seem to work before.)
    I don't see anything that wouldn't work, I checked and it works fine (the target gains temporary 10% Magic Resistance)
    (2) Is her casting voice fixed? (She used the "male" voice in version 4.1.)
    Hmm, never found a source of that. I may ask around. But it's kinda weird as I thought it's always set automatically and her gender is set correctly.
    Okay -- Either my memory is failing or the problems were caused by other mods and so may not be problems this time...

In any case, thanks again for this intriguing mod!
    The voice problem may be there, I just don't see why :) Will see if I can find what may be the source :)
    Thanks to TheArtisan the casting sounds should now be fixed!
    Thanks to TheArtisan the casting sounds should now be fixed!

Excellent! B)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I don't see anything that wouldn't work, I checked and it works fine (the target gains temporary 10% Magic Resistance)

IIRC, the description in the innate abilities bar shows it as being a healing spell (though I should note that I was not playing with the most updated versions of BG2 or Yvette).
    Yep, I *think* I updated that (I did that for some of the older mods). Some of my old mods do not include descriptions for innate abilities, because before EE, they were unavailable.
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    The mod proposes an alternative class (Pure Heartwarder) for Yvette. I haven't found any indication of her original class.

Anyone could tell me ? :smile:

Originally she's a Heartwarden / Thief.
  • VicenVicen Member Posts: 30
    edited March 2023
    Hmmm...I installed this and the Alternative Heartwarden kit in the install....but, she only starts as a normal cleric...though when I go into EE keeper it says her kit is "heartwarder of Sune" Not sure why she did not get the kit and is just a generic Cleric beyond her few special abilities...

EDIT - Never mind... by installing the alternative it turned her into a single cleric...I did not realize this is what it meant when I installed it heh...ah, well.
  • Alfre4uAlfre4u Member Posts: 41
    edited August 2023
    Nevermind found a comment on it elsewhere. (To still say something useful and nice, Good mod)
  • AgilisAgilis Member Posts: 13
    @LavaDelVortel
    Just wonder if I use mod NPC_EE to change her class to swashbuckler/cleric multi or shadowdancer/cleric multi, would it cause any conflict with the mod? Thank you.
    Her kit may go crazy and it won't make much sense - she is portrayed as inexperienced and I don't think I would imagine her to be any close to being a swashbuckler or a shadowdancer. Plus, I am always kinda against such changes, because dialogues, personal items and sometimes other stuff just won't match the changes you apply. You can give it a chance, but I may be unable to help you if something goes wrong.
  • AgilisAgilis Member Posts: 13
    Ok, I'll keep her original class then. Thank you so much.
  • xiaoleiwenxiaoleiwen Member Posts: 186
    edited November 2023
    Encountered a problem that I cannot trigger the dialogue in front of the mirror at the spellhold, and I cannot continue her story now. (and she will leave the party after changing area)

The things I noticed with the stuttertool is she will keep Running Block 37 of YXYVE.BCS but nothing happens...

---

And I also noticed her lack of romance/friendship talks in chapter 2 and 3 not long after turning into NPC.

If I load any save in chapter 3 and teleport to spellhold using console, she can trigger the dialogue in front of the mirror.

But If I load any chapter 4 save, it won't work. I wonder this is because something wrong happen so I couldn't trigger/finish her love talks in chapter 2, hence the romanceactive was turned to 3 and blocked everything else after that. Set the romanceacitve back to 1 now also won't trigger the mirror scene...
    Post edited by xiaoleiwen on
    It's hard to say what exactly happened without for example knowing what is the talk variable value etc, because I don't know on what moment it got stuck long time ago, before you reached that moment.

It must have been quite an unfortunate set of things, because people still play the mod and finish their game with it... (But let's be honest, I wrote and coded it many many many years ago, when I knew way less about coding than I know now, so...)
    edited November 2023
    It's hard to say what exactly happened without for example knowing what is the talk variable value etc, because I don't know on what moment it got stuck long time ago, before you reached that moment.

It must have been quite an unfortunate set of things, because people still play the mod and finish their game with it... (But let's be honest, I wrote and coded it many many many years ago, when I knew way less about coding than I know now, so...)

Honestly I also expected you to say this, because I also cannot remember where it got stuck, why, or whether still can make them continue in chapter 4... tried to check the code myself and couldn't understand how to fix...

Anyway, hope you don't mind this another question, after losing her, the only way for me to get another companion is to get Hephernaan because I have the book to reach his area. But if I didn't bring him most of the time in chapter 2 (but still did the quests and trade a lot of new items from certain spoiler npc), and he was not in the party from chapter 3 to spellhold.... Does this make his friendship talk stop or stuck?
    I actually think there was a point in Yvette's romance when she could give you some fruit or something, and eating it was starting a new dialogue, but even if that's the thing, it's too late now.

I think you should be able to get Hephernaan, but you surely won't have everything you could get, but he shouldn't betray you, if that's what you're afraid of.
    Found the fruit in my beg of holding, keeping it safe because I thought it is a quest item for later use o:)
    And she kept waiting patiently for you to give it a bite to know if you liked it :D Well, give it a try next time :)
    Cheers!
  • shevy123456shevy123456 Member Posts: 179
    I never managed to get Yvette to show up. :(

The idea of a statue or mirror to talk to until it turns into a real person is quite great.

By the way first time I read that some apple appears. Perhaps I did not reach that
    dialogue, but Yvette never showed up, not even after resting in a pub. I think something
    is bugged.
    It's working normally, but this is a romance mod, so you need to meet the conditions if you want to have her in the party. You first need to get the parchment from a woman that is NOT Yvette, talk to the parchment a couple of times and if you then, if you talked to her, if the game detects that she may romance you, she can properly stay with the party.

And that clearly works, because xiaoleiwen also had her in the party and it was after some talks when the apple part was omitted and that's why it never continued. Considering the mod was released in 2011 and many people played with her in the party, I am pretty sure she shows up properly, I too played with he mod many times and tested it.
    edited November 2023
    ya, the mod is definitely working, I loaded earlier save and everything is normal after eating the fruits, I used console to trigger the love talks in chapter 2 (just to have a quick look how many dialogues are there), and they triggered correctly...and truly a lot, and seems like even have new areas to visit... :)

So I guess I will play with her some years later, lazy to reload earlier save and feel not immersive if I use console to quick run her content in chapter 2/3 after reloading.... feel like she has at least Jaheira's level (or more) in term of amount of her chapter 2/3 content...