Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - Horn of the Abyss

13»

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 6,303
    beauregard wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    I purchased HOMM3 Complete on my laptop from GoG. Will HoA work with this, or do I need an original copy?

It will! In fact, it's the recommended version to install HotA over. The addon will also work with Shadow of Death, but not Restoration of Erathia, Armageddon's Blade or the (eurgh) HD version from Steam.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try this weekend...

JuliusBorisovTresset
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 7,917
    Having lots of fun with the update! I like some of the skill rebalances the most, so far. Haven't gotten the wasteland terrain to show up on a random map yet, but I am looking forward to it.

JuliusBorisovbeauregard
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,084
    Apologies for hijacking this thread a bit, but I was wondering... Might any of you happen to know of a HoMM 3 save game editor that works with/up to Shadow of Death? I mainly just want to tweak the secondary skills my Hero(s) have ("Stop giving me Eagle Eye/Scholar/First Aid, DANGNABBIT!!!"). I did try my hand at hex editing the save game, but I'm afraid it seems to be beyond my technical skill as I must have messed something up as the save game wouldn't load afterwards.

• haidukhaiduk Member Posts: 16
    HoMM3 is one of the best strategy games. It's cool people are still expanding them.

I went from the original version to HotA :

Fan of:

- Graphics & animations improvements
    - New faction(s)
    - random map option
    - team alignment option
    - map/island/no island option
    - spell scrolls

Not fan of:
    - The new font is thin and harder to read than original game
    - Battle screen/town screen isn't widescreen (less immersive)
    - Being able to re-do a battle after a battle

• beauregardbeauregard Member Posts: 14
    version_1_6_1.png

The version 1.6.1 is out.

As it often happens, the vast 1.6.0 update was not without shortcomings and even critical crash-inducing bugs, especially frequent on maps with water. Most of those are now fixed.

The update notification in the installer now contains a link to the HotA information page with a number of mirrors to download the files:
    http://h3hota.com/en/download

Full changelog

Grond0TressetJuliusBorisovAedan
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 6,303
    edited February 3
    beauregard wrote: »

The version 1.6.1 is out.

As it often happens, the vast 1.6.0 update was not without shortcomings and even critical crash-inducing bugs, especially frequent on maps with water. Most of those are now fixed.

The update notification in the installer now contains a link to the HotA information page with a number of mirrors to download the files:
    http://h3hota.com/en/download

Full changelog

Thank God! I downloaded this a few weeks ago but kept getting those crashes. Lovin' the Cove but those bugs were killing me. I'll probably fire it up again tomorrow night after upgrading...

Post edited by Balrog99 on
    beauregard
  • beauregardbeauregard Member Posts: 14
    Here's a little something made by Wit Olszewski, a talented 3D artist, with a bit of help from us. Just to make the wait for the Factory to come out a bit more pleasant of a pastime :smile:

JuliusBorisov