Skip to content

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 - Horn of the Abyss

13»

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    beauregard wrote: »
    Balrog99 wrote: »
    I purchased HOMM3 Complete on my laptop from GoG. Will HoA work with this, or do I need an original copy?

It will! In fact, it's the recommended version to install HotA over. The addon will also work with Shadow of Death, but not Restoration of Erathia, Armageddon's Blade or the (eurgh) HD version from Steam.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a try this weekend...
    JuliusBorisovTresset
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Having lots of fun with the update! I like some of the skill rebalances the most, so far. Haven't gotten the wasteland terrain to show up on a random map yet, but I am looking forward to it.
    JuliusBorisovbeauregard
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Apologies for hijacking this thread a bit, but I was wondering... Might any of you happen to know of a HoMM 3 save game editor that works with/up to Shadow of Death? I mainly just want to tweak the secondary skills my Hero(s) have ("Stop giving me Eagle Eye/Scholar/First Aid, DANGNABBIT!!!"). I did try my hand at hex editing the save game, but I'm afraid it seems to be beyond my technical skill as I must have messed something up as the save game wouldn't load afterwards.
  • haidukhaiduk Member Posts: 19
    HoMM3 is one of the best strategy games. It's cool people are still expanding them.

I went from the original version to HotA :

Fan of:

- Graphics & animations improvements
    - New faction(s)
    - random map option
    - team alignment option
    - map/island/no island option
    - spell scrolls

Not fan of:
    - The new font is thin and harder to read than original game
    - Battle screen/town screen isn't widescreen (less immersive)
    - Being able to re-do a battle after a battle
  • beauregardbeauregard Member Posts: 16
    version_1_6_1.png

The version 1.6.1 is out.

As it often happens, the vast 1.6.0 update was not without shortcomings and even critical crash-inducing bugs, especially frequent on maps with water. Most of those are now fixed.

The update notification in the installer now contains a link to the HotA information page with a number of mirrors to download the files:
    http://h3hota.com/en/download

Full changelog
    Grond0TressetJuliusBorisovAedan
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    edited February 2020
    beauregard wrote: »

The version 1.6.1 is out.

As it often happens, the vast 1.6.0 update was not without shortcomings and even critical crash-inducing bugs, especially frequent on maps with water. Most of those are now fixed.

The update notification in the installer now contains a link to the HotA information page with a number of mirrors to download the files:
    http://h3hota.com/en/download

Full changelog

Thank God! I downloaded this a few weeks ago but kept getting those crashes. Lovin' the Cove but those bugs were killing me. I'll probably fire it up again tomorrow night after upgrading...
    Post edited by Balrog99 on
    beauregard
    Here's a little something made by Wit Olszewski, a talented 3D artist, with a bit of help from us. Just to make the wait for the Factory to come out a bit more pleasant of a pastime :smile:

JuliusBorisov
    K7u2qRg.png

Happy New Year, friends!
    We would like to thank everyone who has been waiting and believing.
    We are proud to present you with the largest update in the project's history.
    It features the Factory, the new long-awaited town, a campaign dedicated to it, a huge amount of graphics, audio and video content, new game mechanics, countless fixes, major and minor improvements, and much more.
    We are pleased to share the result of our long, hard work with you. Trust us: we have been waiting for this moment just as eagerly as you.
    The journey continues. Jadame is waiting!
    The update is available here.

What's new:
    ● The new town and faction, Factory, including new heroes, creatures and their external dwellings.
    ● The new campaign, Forged in Fire, with an improved gradation of difficulty. It'll take your best skills to help the Factory establish itself in the world of Heroes.
    ● Completely overhauled Campaign Editor and support for custom campaigns; new background and region maps for campaigns.
    Full changelog.
  • Ludwig_IILudwig_II Member Posts: 369
    Hi beauregard, thanks for posting this here. I wanted to write a comment on the toxic heroes community forum, but don’t have an account there, so I’ll post here instead.

Just want to say what you keep accomplishing is beyond amazing. I appreciate every new feature and change you make, as both a single and casual multiplayer player. Thank you so much for this incredible mod and the new version.

I know your team is probably used to it already, but I still want to mention anyway. Please disregard people who are on various forums complaining about this or that change or balance updates. That happens due to their resistance to change to something they got used to for 25 years, even if the changes are objectively for the better. Please keep sticking to your own vision always, and remember there are many many people who support and enjoy your mod silently without posting anywhere.

Even in my several friend groups where I live (in Turkey), I have many friends who started and keep playing H3 only thanks to Hota. I admire your persistence in completing this version even after Docent, and still sticking to his vision.

And finally, I’m still looking forward to your future updates, especially with more balancing/changing of rubbish secondary skills and some spells.

Best wishes for Hota team for the new year!
    Thank you and all the best! Reading comments like yours always brings us joy and pride in what we do.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited January 5
    Yaaay! I am so happy you were able to get this out! I heard about the tragic setback you had when the leader and founder of the HotA team died (deepest condolences for that, btw), and was worried it would never happen. I am thrilled for you, for your team, and for all your fans that you were able to recover! I have been trying out the update for several days now and I really like it so far. Thanks for all your hard work!

I am also going to plug this on another forum some of us started. Check it out if you want: http://tavernrpg.com/threads/heroes-of-might-and-magic-games.232/post-7621