Skip to content

Does anyone...

Ever have the main PC duel the main bad guys of groups? I'm very particular in having my main character deliver the killing blow to bosses.

For instance, when Galvery gets done interrogating CHARNAME with loaded questions, I make sure that I do a one-on-one duel between my character and Galvery. Meanwhile, my other party members handle his goons. Another instance is dealing with Tazok. In that case, it's personal. I'll have CHARNAME fighting Tazok while the rest of my party just watches.

That's why I don't think I could ever have a main character that could only provide support for the other party members. It's also why I mainly play melee characters.

Comments

• MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    Yeah I do the same thing, only I make it certain other NPCs, e.g. Kivan vs Tazok, Branwen vs Tranzig. It's more difficult to have non-melee characters be the ones who perform the killing blow but in my latest playthrough of BG1 my sorcerer Charname was the one who killed Sarevok, although it took a while for Minsc and Co. to wear him down before I cast magic missile.

With Galvarey, I always try to stage a Harper duel and have Jaheira be the one who kills him.
  • reap_iireap_ii Member Posts: 43
    Yes i do this, too, whenever its possible. I also let npc's duel when applicable like edwin vs degarden
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I hear you. I play the same way sometimes, but with magic. Jaheira doomed Galvarey and I disintegrated him with my wild mage. That felt good. I then disintegrated one of his mage goons, and then remembered he had a ring of wizardry. That felt less good.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    Oh no! The word is mightier than the sword, I think.

When I did some buffing and have managed to weaken or disable the opponents, then my own goons can do the dirty work.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,739
    Sometime I do, sometimes I don't.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited February 2015
    My CHARNAME usually just stands around and sends his/her minions in first, like Sarevok in the cutscene before Chapter One. Once the enemies have been softened up, he/she will join in and finish them off.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited February 2015
    Last CHARNAME dueled Sarevok in hell, because well blood feud. For anybody or anything else not really.
    Oh and this doesn't really count, but I was so proud. Haer'Dalis dueled the fourth dragon that pops up outside of Abizigal's house, "when you come back with the rope" and killed it XD
    After 3 dragons,buffs where gone and party was kinda broken then 5 timestop traps and 2 spike traps later. A red dragon died at the hands of a tiefling bard.

Post edited by SmilingSword on
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

Last CHARNAME dueled Sarevok in hell, because well blood feud. For anybody or anything else not really.
    [spoiler]Oh and this doesn't really count, but Haer'Dalis dueled the fourth dragon that pops up outside of Abizigal's house, "when you come back with the rope" and killed it XD
    after 3 dragons,buffs where gone and party was kinda broken then 5 timestop traps and 2 spike traps later. A red dragon died at the hands of a tiefling bard.

I want to give this a like but can't :(

I'm also going to ask, what makes the reaction buttons get stuck in a spoiler ?
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited February 2015
    wubble said:

[spoiler]Oh and this doesn't really count, but Haer'Dalis dueled the fourth dragon that pops up outside of Abizigal's house, "when you come back with the rope" and killed it XD
    after 3 dragons,buffs where gone and party was kinda broken then 5 timestop traps and 2 spike traps later. A red dragon died at the hands of a tiefling bard.

I want to give this a like but can't :(

I'm also going to ask, what makes the reaction buttons get stuck in a spoiler ?

I have no idea, maybe im doing something wrong. ima try to change stuff
    Ok fixed i just didn't know how to end spoilers.
    I'am such a noob.
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    wubble said:

You're a holy sword, you're supposed to believe in fairness and justice.

Well, as a holy sword, sure. I'm all about the fair application of justice upon the gooey innards of evil.

Since I'm not listed as a sentient blade though, can I help it if other weapons are wielded against a bad guy at, or near, the same time as my righteous sharpness is carving up the turkey? I think not. Seriously, with no IQ score I really think not. Someday maybe I'll meet the Wizard and he'll give me a brain, or the enchanted weapon version of such. Until then my great wisdom shall be confined to these forums.

Aren't you all lucky? Just nod, there's no need to verbalize your thanks.