Skip to content

NPCs are not starting at the appropriate level for when you pick them up.

I've noticed this with a few NPCs, specifically Edwin and Imoen. When I pick up Imoen in Spellhold with 1.25 million exp on my current party, she only has 400k exp and is level 11. Likewise, in my other game with a level 11 party Edwin joined at level 9 with 160k exp when he should have been level 10 or 11.
lelag200JuliusBorisov

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    It may be the case. I've experienced the same with Nalia and Neera.

Do you have any mods? Can you attach a save?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited March 2015

I've noticed this with a few NPCs, specifically Edwin and Imoen. When I pick up Imoen in Spellhold with 1.25 million exp on my current party, she only has 400k exp and is level 11. Likewise, in my other game with a level 11 party Edwin joined at level 9 with 160k exp when he should have been level 10 or 11.

It's not your XP that matters, but the level of your CHARNAME. There are two versions of Imoen you can pick up in Spellhold. One is 11th, the other is 13th. Your CHARNAME must be 13th level (or higher) to get the 13th level version of Imoen. For example, a Paladin with 1.25 million XP would be 12th level and get the 11th level version of Imoen. A Fighter with the same XP would be 13th level and get the 13th level version of Imoen.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    Skiehook71
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Get bg2tweak pack and install the TOB style NPC's bit.
    It gives NPC's exp relative to your CHARNAME's exp, this can sometimes be more or sometimes be less.
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    My Charname was a Thief, and her level was at least 13. I don't have a current save but I'm going to try and reproduce it, I'll update this thread. Thanks for the bg2tweak pack comment, I might do that or maybe I'll just keep adjusting it manually.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    yeah , I think after the last patch, imoen always has 400 000 xp, if im not mistaken I went there when I had around 1.9 million xp and she started off with an awesome 400 000, *sigh*
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I tried with a level 9 kensai and she is level 11. Bumped him up to 4m xp and tried again, level 13. I think we're going to need specifics to check this further, e.g. certainty around xp at the time and what class/kit the protagonist is.

(n.b. I had a look through the game resources but haven't yet found where the switch happens)
    Thanks