Skip to content

#11815 Mazzy should not talk constantly when fatigued and Valygar is in the party

DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
Mazzy keeps repeating her selection text, making it impossible to use her, and preventing quicksaves.
Post edited by Gate70 on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    Could you upload your save file?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,874
    Here you go @DregothofTyr

To help understand the cause, was this game started on an earlier version than 1.3?
    Thanks
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Oh thanks I solved the problem by kicking her out and having her rejoin, I just wanted to report the bug. And no, I started the game after the 1.3 patch with a character imported from BGEE.
    Just wanted to let you know that this was not an isolated incident, it keeps happening. It just happened again in the Underdark, again with Mazzy. Is this already a known issue, because it is definitely a bug. I don't have any mods installed.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    edited February 2015
    It is not listed in the known issues list, but only a dev could tell you for sure whether it is known or not. We would most likely also need to find the cause of the issue to determine if it is known or not.
    Can you upload a fresh save with the issue please @DregothofTyr so I can see if the variable has been reset. It may well be the case that the original suggestion wasn't correct, until the cause is understood no ticket can be created. If you can remember where this started that may help narrow it down.

I can't see anything logged in respect of this and it's not one that I remember being mentioned before. There was something around Mazzy/Valygar which I can remember one person experiencing.
    Thanks
    Unfortunately, the second save accidentally got deleted, but I can tell you that the first time it happened was in the SpellHold dungeon, the second time was in the tunnel leading to Ust Natha. I don't have Valygar in my party, and I haven't really figured out what has tied the two times together...I'm going to try and recreate both events, and will see if it happens again in my current game. It's a strange bug.
    Happened again in the Drow city after killing Qilue. Perhaps it has to do with some buff or spell?
    I figured it out I think. I'm pretty sure it happens when haste ends, but only for Mazzy.
    I figured it out. It happens when Mazzy gets tired, which is why I thought it was from the Haste spell; when she gets the exhausted state, this starts. Here is one more save file with the bug. Hopefully you can add this to the known bugs list now, yes?
    I tried from a clean game and she was fine so there's another factor somewhere that triggers in combination with fatigue. She has specific dialogue when fatigued, centred around Valygar. I'll have another look.

& I thought this all sounded familiar http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/38030/mazzy-wont-shutup
    edited February 2015
    Un, you said you don't have Valygar in your party but he's there in both saves (unless I'm looking at the wrong ones).

edit1
    If you kill or boot him, Mazzy shuts up so I'm pretty sure it is the same issue. If your game started on 1.3 then it won't be the ticket I mentioned in the other thread.

edit2
    In your 2nd save the local variable I set has gone. There are several reasons why this might be, e.g.
    - You didn't use the save I supplied, or have subsequently gone back to an earlier save.
    - You are on a version of the game prior to 1.3 and Mazzy has died or been booted & rejoined.
    - Use of a game editor.
    Oh I'm sorry I didn't realize...Can I upload a new save or can you tell me what variable to change? and re: valygar not sure why I said he wasn't in my party, total brain blank. It's definitely a 1.3 started game, using an imported character from BG:EE. Thanks man, I really appreciate you looking into it. There's definitely still some kind of bug at work here.
    Hi @DregothofTyr the console command is as below, make sure the mouse cursor is over Mazzy as Enter is pressed because this is a local variable for her.
    C:SetGlobal("BMazzy1","LOCALS",1)

n.b. this will stop her constant discussion but as I haven't found the cause yet it may not be the correct long-term solution.
    Thanks
    Nope, haven't had that dialogue. Will try it out, thanks!
    I loaded the game and followed those directions, and the bug no longer occurs. Am I supposed to be getting a dialogue between Mazzy and Valygar?
    If the variable is set to 0, I believe you should. She has to be fatigued and it has to be night.
    Oh, ok I was testing it in the underdark. Let me try that again.
  • hobo_hankhobo_hank Member Posts: 1
    I was having this exact same issue with Mazzy and Valygar in party. Started a game in BG:EE after 1.3 and imported a few days ago. Tons of mods installed. When Mazzy was fatigued in day time she'd start acting like I was clicking on her every 2 seconds. Gate70's MAZZY.ZIP file in my Override folder fixed it! Just had Mazzy and Valygar do the bedroll dialogue at night while she was fatigued. Thanks!
  • IthualIthual Member Posts: 136
    You could also force attack her, then raise dead. Problem solved.
  • corjestcorjest Member Posts: 1
    Is there a solution for this on the iPad?
  • MrBungleMrBungle Member Posts: 50
    I am having the same issue. I will try killing and raising her. I am in the sphere so cannot get her back if I release her. Does anyone know if this happens w/o valyger in party? I am going to cut him after the sphere anyway
    Options on iPad would be a) Rest until day whenever it happens b) boot one of Mazzy or Valygar in addition to the suggestion from Ithual.

The sphere could be completed with Valygar dead or out of the party, although you would then miss his involvement at the conclusion. On platforms other than iPad saves can be edited or the console can be used. If you would like a save editing please zip and attach it here.
    Thanks
  • BigJoshieCBigJoshieC Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2015
    Gate70 said:

If the variable is set to 0, I believe you should. She has to be fatigued and it has to be night.

No luck here on PC BG2EE. She now won't shut up at night instead of day time. She just loves to talk I guess.
    Setting the variable to 1 seems to keep her quiet though. Thanks for working on this!

EDIT: Nm. Just triggered. Had to rest and let her get fatigued again and then it worked out. Thanks for making this work!
    Post edited by BigJoshieC on
  • iHeartCoolStuffiHeartCoolStuff Member Posts: 6
    How can I download Gate70's zip file? I click it and nothing happens. I'm having the same Mazzy bug and it is super annoying.
    @iHeartCoolStuff so long as you're logged into the forum you should be able to download, when not logged in it will only appear as an image.
    I had to confirm my email address in order for it to register as a download. Thanks. Will try this solution and hopefully it fixes the bug!
    I'm having trouble finding this Games directory. I have BG2EE installed through steam on the C: drive. I can't find the folder though or one called 00783.