Skip to content

What Large Dungeon is Your Favorite?

Viconia9Viconia9 Member Posts: 34
What is your favorite large dungeon and why?
  1. What Large Dungeon is Your Favorite?74 votes
    1. Lavok's Planar Sphere
        5.41%
    2. Spellhold Dungeon
        5.41%
    3. Sendai's Lair
        4.05%
    4. Abazigal's Lair
        1.35%
    5. Watcher's Keep
      44.59%
    6. de'Arnise Hold
      14.86%
    7. Another dungeon not mentioned in this poll
      24.32%

Comments

• MykraMykra Member Posts: 252
    I have to go with Temple Ruins just on the basis that I can still remember how much it blew me away the first time I ever played it. You had that mad dash just to get into it, a halfling Paladin and then a stone statue guessing game, shades and lava floors, the sun gem room with the shades constantly spawning making you really not want to take that gem, Indiana Jones puzzle room, then a Dragon, then an undead boss.

Maybe if I had gone to Windspear first I might have looked at it differently, but that was the dungeon that made me go 'Whoa, this isn't BG1.'
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I like d'arnise because it is a nice starting location of a grand keep with some family secrets and it does not immediately smash a dragon into your face. It is a place where even a low level party can already make a difference.
    I don't care for the flail though nor its ability to become a player stronghold. There are better ones.
    Plus I kind of like nalia now (I used to feel she was a clone of imoen with all the important stats bring identica between them. She gets into my party with decent regularity for at least a couple of levels.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Strongholds are severely lacking in content. You can talk to all the npcs but other than their standard dialogue they don't offer anything. They should have just added some mini quest to the npcd or given them different gossip (like tips and rumours on what's going on) every time you progress in the stronghold story. Currently, they're a tad bland. :$
  • MiloMilo Member Posts: 59
    Have to go for Windspear. Great dungeon, great final boss.

I might have voted for Watcher's Keep, except it has level 3, the Maze level, which is like Mr. and Mrs. Suck had many, many Suck babies and their combined suck added up to that level. That level is just all kinds of annoying.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    I think I'd have to go with either the prison in the government district or the one in Saradush, since they're the only large dungeons in the game.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    I like watchers Keep for a multitude of reasons. The great challenge, varied enemies and self contained quests, the lore, the amazing design of all the places. But the biggest reason is probably for
    CARTSON THE MAGNIFICENT! LORD OF THE LEEEEVELLL!!!
    I'm a sucker for cheese and ham.