Skip to content

The best roll you didn't have...

Hi, so since reliving this game in its EE format, I've started a game with my Ranger. Aside from this, I've always enjoyed the mage class. So, that prompts me to get rolling. I have specific ideas about what I want for stats and I aim big every time (95 or more). So, over the past few weeks, on my journey into work on the train, just before bed, when the adverts come on, and whilst I've been waiting for the kettle to boil, I've been rolling (and, on occasion, continuing my Ranger game). Initially I aimed for a 98. 3 weeks passed and I managed a 96 twice - an excellent roll you say. I carried on, i soon came to realise that 98 was too ambitious for a human mage, too cocky. I aimed for a 96 instead and I figured the odds would be more manageable, after all I'd done it twice. ..... Lo and behold as my thumb is powering on as I doze off on my commute, I roll straight past a 97. This makes me more determined. About a week and a bit later, Sunday evening, finger rolling like mad, on my sofa, dinner in the oven... Thoughts turn to my to do list at work the next day. BAM, 99! Yep, it done me over again, I never did complete that to do list either. Yesterday evening I finally reached my downgraded holy grail of a 96 roll. Big sigh of relief. He has 10 strength and awesome other stats, I however, have a mightily ripped right thumb now. Apologies for the long winded post, but what is your greatest ever roll you clicked past never to be seen again?

Comments

• CaeDaresCaeDares Member Posts: 182
    If I ever get a huge roll and accidentally skip past it, for example, if it's a 92 and ive been clicking for maybe....20 minutes? Then I'll just say screw it and go with the highest points I can get in the next couple rolls, start the game, save, then EEKeeper those extra points in. Because I'm a scrub like that.
    Honestly, though, the biggest number I've ever gotten was a 98 and I didn't roll past it, but the largest that I HAVE rolled past was a 95. Bah!
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    101. Then I kept rolling and got 103! And I've been using that same 103 for every character. Thank you cheat-mode. XD
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I think like 95-ish. I rarely spend even minutes rolling.
  • justfeelinathomejustfeelinathome Member Posts: 353
    I also have that habit of rolling big and must say that I never skipped anything that I could not roll higher afterwards. I keep my mind on rolling via mini games I make up for my self, like "getting and saving each number from 75 to 90 and back again". I found that it helps a lot with concentration and shows me when I need a break.
    So far my top three Chars are a Human Cavalier (100), a Half-Orc Kensai (97) and a Half-Elf Avenger (94, and he probably took me the longest). I did, however, delete an Elven Sorcerer due to terrible spell selection, because I was still new to the game. He had 100 in his Stats and is dearly missed. :,(
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    The highest I've rolled past is a 99, I've never got that high since then.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I used to try to get something in the 85-90 range but the last 5-7 years i don't reroll anymore and i even don't redistribute! .... unless i want to dualclass, then i redistribute (but don't reroll)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    The story in the OP reminded me of the nature of life. We roll each day and each minute just to skip what we've got occasionally and to roll again, never losing hope for a better result. This happens and happens again.

Thanks for sharing your story, @Wilko !
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    I don't think I've ever reached 100, but I've clicked past so many in the 90 range there's no point in considering it. No point in gnashing my teeth, punching random objects on my desk, and bashing my keyboard into its component parts while I shriek like an incoherent banshee. Nope, no reason for that at all... ;)
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    When I roll, I keep my eye on the second number. If it 0-4 I usually hit reroll thinking the first number is an 8 and I aim for at least an 85. It has burned me on numerous occasions rerolling 90's and higher, but I tend to enjoy characters that fall in the 85-87 range of stats so I am never too dejected when I do so.