Skip to content

Aerie Romance

2»

Comments

• hisplshispls Member Posts: 166
    Arunsun said:

But an innocent young girl does not "mature" that hard in a couple of months time.

Well you certainly haven't lived much. I've seen the shy and quiet types turn into something reminiscent of the movie The Exorcist in the sack in under a week. In fact typically the more innocent and sheltered, the more wild they get when you finally pop the cork.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Grum: I can agree with that. My apologies if I came off as a bit aggressive. I think about this stuff a lot.
  • ThesblahThesblah Member Posts: 56
    Aerie comes across like an attention seeking "woe is me" manipulator anyways. I would not be surprised if she was not even a virgin when CHARNAME met her. She was having a lot of "fun" when she had her wings.

Stick with Viconia. As neurotic as she is, she is the best relationship.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    @Thesblah That ex of yours really hurt you, didn't she? :(

I am pretty sure that is not what they were going for when they wrote Aerie...
  • reap_iireap_ii Member Posts: 43
    Thesblah said:

I would not be surprised if she was not even a virgin when CHARNAME met her. She was having a lot of "fun" when she had her wings.

DnD mile high club

• ArunsunArunsun Member Posts: 1,592
    @hispls The situation you describe may happen indeed. But your "in less than a week" seems exagerated.
    I have been with a quiet, shy girlfriend. And maybe did I do something wrong, but even if in the end she had actually become much more self-confident, I can tell you it took her months and months to get rid of this quietness.
    Aerie becomes much more explicit in, like, two dialogues lines.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    @Arunsun To be fair I doubt your GF gained the ability to summon Planetars and cast Wish spells in that period. ^_~
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    @Arunsun I'd say that Aerie's "transformation" over a period of several months is pretty reasonable in comparison with the other astonishing changes that can happen in the course of SoA and ToB.

1) Jaheira gets over Khalid and falls for Charname.
    2) Your entire party go from somewhat experienced adventurers to legendary heroes (or possibly villains) capable of slaying dragons and liches at will.

I'm sure there's other obvious things I've overlooked, but as for "Aerie becomes much more explicit in, like, two dialogues lines."

Bear in mind the restrictions of a video game. I pretend that all sorts of banter and bonding is taking place "off-screen", every time the party is just travelling on the road, resting at an inn, etc... I actually sometimes rest for days just cos "they need a break after that last trial they've been through." Also IIRC, the time jump between SoA and ToB is not clearly defined, so you can easily imagine a lot of development took place whilst your party was staying in Suldanesselar.

Anyway my point is that Aerie's change is neither inconsistent with the game world nor necessarily unrealistic in real life. She is basically a teenager in elf terms, I have seen girls undergo pretty crazy changes at that age, like a hard working Chinese girl who's basically been buried in books for all of her teenage years goes off the rails when she finally makes it to university and loses constant parental guidance, for example. Aerie's change is nowhere near as drastic in my opinion.