Skip to content

[survey] Decision-making

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
Hey, people! Could you do me a favour? I represent some people from my Uni aaaand could you please answer to questions in our survey? It's about decision-making in games (+ some questions on the same topic in context of non-virtual life). I will be grateful.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nXk-7P4XTOfq2q1DABF9d1rUlxDRcNOrc1iryq38o4o/viewform?usp=send_form

if possible, share, repost etc.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Done.
  • InvictusCobraInvictusCobra Member Posts: 108
    Done. I liked the survey. Made me reflect a bit :)
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,703
    Thanks people! :) Can't wait to see more votes! :)
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited March 2015
    You know, if you are making such a survey, please include information for what you are making it. I am willing ro help if you need it, but I'm not willing to spend my time on it if it's just for the lulz.

EDIT: Nevermind. "Uni" stands for University, I believe.
    Yep, I'm a PhD student apart from being a modder :D I may use it in future in an article + it will surely will be part of my PhD paper.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    Done.
    Thanks! :)
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    Very interesting survey, and it is always nice to be able to express ones opinions.
  • SertoriusSertorius Member Posts: 172
    done
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    Done - a well thought-out survey (imo).
    Thanks, everyone! You're amazing! The survey is still there for those who would like to reply to it :)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Done :smile: Nice survey Lava.
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    Done! I'll post a link on Twitter too.
    Oh, thank you! :D Great!
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Done, very well survey, but I believe there weren't enough options to drscribe your personalty (not arguing about the 4 options limit but about the options that you could choose. If you seriously want to analyse something leaving 4 as a max puts things on a manageable context), being myself rather hard to describe (I like helping people, but not because I like helping, but because I take that as a challenge. Then I don't give a damn about anything).
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    That was a difficult test...
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    Finished taking it. This actually re-ignited my love of RPGs that offer choice and reminded me why I love them so much.
    Thank youuuu, people! :)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thanks! :)
  • GreenWyvernGreenWyvern Member Posts: 247
    edited March 2015
    Did it! Hope I'm not too late here!

Also, about one of the questions...

7. I believe that by playing video games in a language other than my native language, I can improve my linguistic skills.

I would like to add something to this. I know someone whom grew up in a primarily non-English speaking country. Through various mediums, namely Video Games, they developed a basic understanding of English at a young age, which helped tremendously in learning English later in their life. A huge part of learning languages is exposing yourself to it, and Video Games can do just that!
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207

I would like to add something to this. I know someone whom grew up in a primarily non-English speaking country. Through various mediums, namely Video Games, they developed a basic understanding of English at a young age, which helped tremendously in learning English later in their life. A huge part of learning languages is exposing yourself to it, and Video Games can do just that!

Pretty much describes me that, as well as my view on how to best learn a language (using it!).

Getting some good numbers here LavaDelVortel? I'm assuming you've had more responses than is obvious, but I have no idea if the off-topic section here gets much traffic or not.
    Still very little votes that's why I am really grateful for your help. I know it may be much, but if you can share the survey somewhere, that would be great :( I think people are afraid of this survey because it seems really long, but it's not that bad after all...
    btw, one thing I noticed is by having a 1-5 scale you're going to probably have a lot of 3's.

Vallmyr said:

btw, one thing I noticed is by having a 1-5 scale you're going to probably have a lot of 3's.

Well, not everyone has a strong opinion on everything, now do they? With someone like me, I see so much good and bad to everything, that I become indecisive, and refuse to take sides. If I ever go into a debate [not an argument, that's different] about something, most of the time, I'm just taking up the side that isn't being represented. Even if I don't 100% agree with the side I take, I can convince myself that I do, for the time being. When it comes to a 1-5 scale on a survey, I'm being asked for MY opinions. I don't like taking sides most of the time, and I find too much counter-evidence to properly decide whom I want to root for.

So I say, if there's lots of 3s on the survey, then doesn't this represent how the majority doesn't feel strongly about these things [or perhaps, like me, pick BOTH sides], thus, still giving valuable information?

Vallmyr said:

Well, not everyone has a strong opinion on everything, now do they? With someone like me, I see so much good and bad to everything, that I become indecisive, and refuse to take sides. If I ever go into a debate [not an argument, that's different] about something, most of the time, I'm just taking up the side that isn't being represented. Even if I don't 100% agree with the side I take, I can convince myself that I do, for the time being. When it comes to a 1-5 scale on a survey, I'm being asked for MY opinions. I don't like taking sides most of the time, and I find too much counter-evidence to properly decide whom I want to root for.

So I say, if there's lots of 3s on the survey, then doesn't this represent how the majority doesn't feel strongly about these things [or perhaps, like me, pick BOTH sides], thus, still giving valuable information?
    Not saying it's a particularly bad thing if that's the information one is going for, just saying you can expect a lot of 3's.
    Vallmyr said:

Vallmyr said:

Not saying it's a particularly bad thing if that's the information one is going for, just saying you can expect a lot of 3's.
    I know. I just got carried away. Sorry!

Vallmyr said:

Vallmyr said:

I know. I just got carried away. Sorry!
    It's alright XD I put a lot of 3's on the thing myself since I was "Meh" on some of the stuff.
    Thanks :) I had a similar opinion some time ago, but if someone has no real opinion on something and you force someone to decide, the decision is somehow... you know, it's not what that person really thinks :)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @GreenWyvern, @Silverstar, I can hardly tell I can't tell that either of you aren't native english speakers.