Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of ONE MILLION visions"

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    edited September 2016
    @Corey_Russell I expect that you will know this already, but perhaps some won't: Remember that items will never be destroyed if they are vital to the plot.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited September 2016
    @Aasim Congrats on defeating Sarevok. :) Having thought about it, I think your issue with Sarevok could be due to your issue with Belt. The following are SPOILERS not images that I am hiding
    The first part of SoD isn't too hard. Just take note of what you are told and do it.

There are places when it tells you where to go and what to do where the instructions are not very clear and the walkthroughs are little help as they don't show the positions on the maps.

If somebody gives you a task to do, remember where they are located. There are so many things to do that it is easy to forget and the journal is not much help in that respect. I would write your own memoranda if I were you, as memorising such things is important.

I would also say: Don't be too bloodthirsty. You might need some of those "enemies" later on.

A dragonskin makes a very good shield. However killing the dragon is not plot critical.

Ensure that you have containers. Actually that was more important in BG1 EE as you can take equipment with you from BG1, but little gold.
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    don't use any mods, yes it can be hard so take your time and buff against arrows... there are traps.
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    @Wise_Grimwald Thanks. I'll keep notes then.
    @ussnorway - I'm running an EET install, SCS is kinda mandatory so that ship has sailed. I'm not worried about fireball and similar, I'm worred for instagib traps if there are any.

Is there a particulary hard battle that must be fought?
    Psc- 2 

Career advice,

Hear text as mp3,

Still taking my time, we killed a cleric by commanding the bugger to lie down while we sword rape him and that paid for a new frost wand to take out the other battle horror... We also had enough to grab some cheap scrolls but with no familiar to tank I'm leaving the basilisk for later.

Returning a summoning bowl gave her the third level so Imoen has agreed to dual to mage and take up the art of wand tapping... Sarah can cheer us on but l need a full time caster. Imoen will still have to complete an apprenticeship to be considered a mage officially under the law but for the time being that can wait until we finish dodging assassins.
    Aasim said:

@Wise_Grimwald Thanks. I'll keep notes then.
    @ussnorway - I'm running an EET install, SCS is kinda mandatory so that ship has sailed. I'm not worried about fireball and similar, I'm worred for instagib traps if there are any.

Is there a particulary hard battle that must be fought?

the final battle = morale and fire... I would skip the dragon but thats up to you.

traps; well there are no "you are dead" traps I can remember but there are two areas where traps make you very likly to die because they take away your control of the character... I'd watch for new monster types casting different spell combos as well.

I've yet to see scs and sod play nice but best of luck and be sure to visit the sorcerers shop before you leave town... on that note, any time the plot tells you that you can't come back to this area is a poke to finish any quests you want before moving on.
    @Corey_Russell Interesting Battles. :)

Hax the Fighter/Mage/Thief - Update 6
    Traveling with: Keldorn & Viconia

good luck with those two in the same party... I did enjoy seeing the eye get poked, keep it up!
    @ussnorway
    Thanks! Exactly what I needed. I'll probably die quickly but your post gives me hope!
    @Aasim The dragon fight doesn't have to be completed in one go. You can go into the cave and after his/her assault, flee from the cave, get healed and return. That is what I did and it worked. It wasn't planned. I just realised that if the party didn't get healed, it was game over. The party was hasted at the time, which may or may not be significant concerning whether or not the dragon follows you out.
    edited September 2016
    @Grond0 You can't be closer than that. Bad luck.

Selûna and party tried to rescue Glacius rather than kill him. It didn't work. :( As a result of using that tactic rather than web/cloudkill, the party got hurt and were then attacked by a troll that appeared out of nowhere.

The party survived, slept and went to open the gate. They then cleared the ground floor for a second time before taking on the golems. The iron golem was impervious to the party's ranged weapons so was not killed.

The Umber Hunks were a little more difficult to deal with than usual, but were killed.

The final three trolls were killed by divide and conquer. Tor Gal isn't as susceptible to Cloudkill as he was in Tutu. He did succumb to the party's attacks eventually however.

Upon returning to Amn, Selûna bought the Sheild of Balduran, (She now has his shield, sword and Helm).
    She went to the Graveyard District and returned Wellyn's Bear. She then agreed to help find the person involved in the Skinner Murdererd, This caused her to level up to 12th level.

Proficiences now: ** in Long Sword; ** in axes, ** in flails and ** in sword and shield style.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 1,042
    ussnorway said:

Hax the Fighter/Mage/Thief - Update 6
    Traveling with: Keldorn & Viconia

good luck with those two in the same party... I did enjoy seeing the eye get poked, keep it up!
    Actually I have made it all the way to Melissan with those two in the party before. But it doesn't matter in any case - if they come to blows, Viconia dies and then Anomen will be our lucky replacement. : )
    @Grond0 - I think Melissan throws darts that dispel. This is when you use Reflection Shield if you are character who can use it and solo. But since you can't use, instead you need lots and lots of PfMW (e.g. buy all scrolls in the game).
    edited September 2016
    I have just discovered that contrary to what another contributer to these forums thinks, there is a potion case in Amn. He has clearly not looked underneath the surface of things. ;)

I have just discovered that contrary to what another contributer to these forums thinks, there is a potion case in Amn. He has clearly not looked underneath the surface of things. ;)

Technically @Wise_Grimwald that potion case is part of a ToB component. Without ToB, there are no potion cases in vanilla Shadows of Amn. But with ToB, you can access Watcher's Keep early and thus get the potion bag.
    edited September 2016

Technically @Wise_Grimwald that potion case is part of a ToB component. Without ToB, there are no potion cases in vanilla Shadows of Amn. But with ToB, you can access Watcher's Keep early and thus get the potion bag.
    The potion that I was referring to in Amn is sold by a black-marketeer in the sewers under the temple area.
    Perhaps it comes from this:
    ~BG2_TWEAKS/SETUP-BG2_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #1080 // Add Bags of Holding: v16

EDIT

It did. Quote from the read-me that I didn't read well enough:-
    Add Bags of Holding
    In the Shadows of Amn portion of the game, this component adds potion cases to the stores of Roger the Fence and Mrs. Cragmoon and ammo belts to the stores of the Trademeet blacksmith and Perter.
    Bags will also be added to the Baldur's Gate portion of Tutu and BGT games. This component will add a gem bag to the Friendly Arm Inn store, a scroll case at the High Hedge, an ammo belt to Thunderhammer Smithy, a potion case to the Nashkel General Store, and a bag of holding at the Sorcerous Sundries in Baldur's Gate.

Selûna and party have solved the Tirdir quest. :)

Hard luck Aasim. At least the end of your run wasn't due to stupidity.
    Selûna's was.

:)