Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    @Enuhal : Congratulations! Safe travels in ToB!
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    @Grond0 sorry to see ya get poisoned to death.
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Sad to see the Cloakwood calamity, @Grond0

--

A quick question to the thread, as I lost track if this has changed post 2.0:

- Do Ioun Stones etc. prevent Critical Hits?
    (Or do you need the "Helmet"-like item to explicitly state that?)
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    @Ygramul there is a helmat in Windspear Hills that you make ... any character can use this to protect from crit hits
    Thanks, folks.

Meanwhile, in the Dragonspear Castle....

--

THE VOICE?!

Can it be?

THE VOICE?

I recognize the voice actor, of course.

And if my hearing and discerning skills are accurate, the plot implications are.... substantial.

--

[note: Just as I was unloading a round-full of explosion potions in to the room (as per my standard "oh shit" protocol) the game crashed. Now I need to reload from before the encounter. So, very curious. Well done, Beamdog.]
    edited October 2016
    Also .... errr .... Wait, I have been romancing Glint all this time?!

(Corwin just complained that I have to choose between them.)

[this happened while still on the run in the underground tunnels.... haven't made out yet... almost out of spells...]
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    Didn't you have special dialogues with Glint? From what I recall, they are not explicitly romantic, but mostly about his family. Maybe it is a gnome thing?

Hmm I would love to see the dialogue about Glint with Corwin. Glint is kinda cute and funny, but Corwin is a strong and beautiful no-nonsense womanly woman, not teenagey and whimsical like Neera. Then again Neera is fun, too. Would have been hard for my pc to choose. I really need a 'concurrent romances' kind of mod for my game.
    Romances make a no-reload especially cruel, if the npc is chunked, that is so sad you have to move on. I lost Glint permanently in the final fight, so I still feel sad for the little fella. (I was playing minimal reload, and was exhausted by the final fight, and it made the thing more memorable and dramatic.)
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,858
    edited October 2016
    @Enuhal Looking good. A number of level ups there. :) The best of both Intelligence AND Luck in TOB.
    edited October 2016
    @Grond0 Hard luck in Cloakwood. :(
    @Blind_Visionary The toughness of the barbarian certainly does make up for the poorer armour. :)
    edited October 2016

JuliusBorisov said...

(and some people say druids in BG1 are weak)

Personally, I just find druids weak soloers, in part due the long casting times of their more useful and important spells. I always find them excellent support characters in a party.
    I just don't like the druid concept. I like good best. I can live with the fact that some people are plain evil. I can also live the fact that some people aim to be good, but are unable to live up to their own standards. In my book they are neutral.
    What I can't stand is the idea that being neutral is something to aim for. Let's face it, those who aim high usually fall short, so why aim low? Doing that, you'll probably end up being evil. :(
    They don't aim high or low but for balance

Good and evil are types of thinking that humans need to understand themselves and it doesn't apply to the natural world i.e, a lion isn't evil because it eats a rabbit however man (good |evil) builds cities that destroy the natural environment... Driuds see this as a philosophical point that needs to be countered

For solo play I'd recommend shape shifter or Avenger (slightly harder start) and human for the late game dual option but I agree they are much more of a party support class
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2016
    Congrats on a fine run, @Ygramul! (Although its not over yet... the exile awaits ;))
    Post edited by Blind_Visionary on
    edited October 2016
    @Enuhal Looking good. :)
    @Corey_Russell Ouch! Quite a loss there. :(

Meanwhile Gorvenal has visited the bandit camp and defeated Tazok and some assassins. He then raided Durlag's Tower, reaching level 9 during the battle against the warders.
    He only used one potion, invisibility during that last battle so that the warders hurt each other badly before Gorvenal attacked in a rage. That battle and a few others were touch and go due to being too frugal with potions.
    It is now time to return to the camp.

Whoops, I have just realised that I am over the 161,000 experience limit. I had intended to keep my level at that until it was time for the Drizzt Saga when you need all the experience you can get.

Just had a scary moment when ambushed by a basilisk with no potions of mirrored eyes in the backpack. Fleeing did the trick. :) However, must get a potion or two when practicable. Had to forego all that lovely experience as fighting it would have been far too dangerous.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    edited October 2016
    @ Corey_Russell, does he return to the order building?
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 998
    edited October 2016
    ussnorway said:

@ Corey_Russell, does he return to the order building?

I did check both the Order and his home but he wasn't in either place, so have to assume he's gone for good. Forgot to mention I also lost the haste boots he was wearing as well as the fire dragon armor...

Oh right and also lost the Daystar...he had a lot of stuff. He had almost all the long swords of the game lol.

And he also had the Cloak of the Sewers - I like any random non-armor item that boosts AC, so not great losing this.
    Post edited by Corey_Russell on
    @Corey_Russell Ouch again. :(
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    edited October 2016

What I can't stand is the idea that being neutral is something to aim for.

This reminded me of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=k8ws_APXilE

:-)