Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    @semiticgod sorry to hear that. You can always continue to play the run. I know in the BioWare forums sometimes we wanted to keep posting on a run, and would make a "campfire" thread so as not to de-rail the no-reload thread. If you do that just put a link in this thread to where we can follow your exploits.
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    @semiticgod I hear you on that. Some of us making a "Starting" save (just after character creation), so that we can restart a character if we really like it. Restarting your character and having the same fun again sounds perhaps a propos to your situation.
    Grond0CrevsDaakWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisov
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837

@semiticgod I hear you on that. Some of us making a "Starting" save (just after character creation), so that we can restart a character if we really like it. Restarting your character and having the same fun again sounds perhaps a propos to your situation.

You could just export the character at the start and run the character again. I sometimes do that, often changing the name at the same time.
    JuliusBorisov
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341

Tig-game breaking bug;

The first quest in the drow city breaks if you don't clear the mind sucker area of fish first... they spawn as your main character crosses the bridge but you MUST do this before getting the quest to save Phaere because Solaufein will not spawn otherwise and therefore you can't speak to him and (unless you can kill lady Silver) thats the end of your game.
    Wise_GrimwaldArctodussemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    I'm ready to start a no reload (ish, not that strict but keeping to the basic principle because of the discipline it entails) run through BG2 and would like to carry on from my run, "The Partridge Family" which is posted on this thread.

But as it breaks the rules for this thread, skipped SOD, I need to put it elsewhere.

Where do people suggest I post it?

And is there anyway I can collect all the posts from that run, in this thread, together?

Thanks for your help.
    JuliusBorisov
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I think skipping SoD or SoA does not disqualify your game.
    JuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    @UnderstandMouseMagic you could just provide links to your previous posts in your next one. Alternatively if a moderator were feeling generous they could extract the posts into a new thread ...
    CrevsDaakWise_Grimwald
    Grond0 said:

@UnderstandMouseMagic you could just provide links to your previous posts in your next one. Alternatively if a moderator were feeling generous they could extract the posts into a new thread ...

Please don't laugh, (well OK, knock your socks off, this is pathetic),

But how would I do that?
    Wise_Grimwald
    lroumen said:

I think skipping SoD or SoA does not disqualify your game.

I think it's got too storified for this thread TBH. And SOA is even more so.
    Wise_Grimwald
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @UnderstandMouseMagic: This is how you would do it:

First, to find the link to a specific comment, look for the date and time of the post, here (I've put a red box around the right part):

Right click that and open it in a new tab.

Copy the URL...

Then you can just paste the URL into a comment.

Or, if you want to put a link inside of a line of text, you can type out the test and then highlight it...

Then you click here...

Paste the URL into the box that opens up...

Click OK, and it will attach a link to the text you highlighted. It'll look like this.

When you preview the comment or post it, the text will be in red. Then people can just open up the link by clicking on the red text.

JuliusBorisovlolien
    @Ygramul

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou..................

(never play a sorcerer, do you think he would get offended if I swapped it for vouchers?)

JuliusBorisovWise_Grimwald
    @semiticgod

Got it.
    Thankyou
    semiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

But how would I do that?

@UnderstandMouseMagic. When you right-click on the date you can also just select "copy link location" ("copy link address" on my browser) which copies the address so you can just paste it into the link box directly without needing to open a new tab.

I do use those sorts of links as they look nice in posts, but an alternative would just be to copy and paste all the addresses to previous posts and put them inside a spoiler. Once on the forum the address automatically becomes a link, so if you've got multiple posts to link doing it like this would be rather quicker for you. You'll get something like:
    List of previous posts for this run
    CrevsDaakJuliusBorisovlolien