Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 210
    edited September 2017

We also find an Energy Drain scroll in the same spot--it seems that Item Randomizer only randomizes once per install.

Item Randomizer has two main modes:
    -Via script, which triggers each time you start a new game.
    -Via WeiDU, which works during mod installation, randomizes more items, but needs the reinstallation of the mod each time you want a fresh randomization.

Personally I prefer the second mode but seems if using BWS it's better to install it outside of BWS (after it) unless you want to reinstall the whole BWS setup only to have a fresh randomization for the new run.
    semiticgoddessWise_GrimwaldJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Ah crap. I got bored waiting for the new IA release so I wanted to just start the IA game at LOB, but since it currently forces v1.3 on Steam and that has no LOB. Ah, I really have to wait until Critto creates IA7.0...

Or maybe I will just buy SoD on beamdog to complete the trilogy there and do an EET-BWS install with that.
    Any recommendations on EET?
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    @semiticgod, which mod adds Chosen of Cyric?
    Rogue Rebalancing.
    AerakarJuliusBorisov
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Artona: It's part of Rogue Rebalancing. The idea is to take all of the well-known exploits and strategies for thief characters and show what it's like when Mislead backstabs and so forth are turned against the party. You can avoid the fight by choosing the right dialogue options or, apparently, setting the difficulty to easy before you leave the Graveyard District after killing Bodhi.
    AerakarJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    edited September 2017
    Thank you, @lroumen, and thank you @semiticgod. I may try it in my current run. :)
    AerakarsemiticgoddessJuliusBorisov
    Venduris has a ring which makes him immune to true sight or divination spells. You could have tried glitterdust or remove magic I believe. But still, he would hide quite quickly again unless you powerword:stun him or use AoE spells.
    Grond0PokotaAerakarCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    edited September 2017
    @Pokota It's Perdue not Purdue which is an in joke as Perdue is French for lost.

@Grond0 I enjoyed your Biff run. I'm wondering if I will meet with doppelganger mages in my run. I have no idea what effect some of my mods will have which certainly makes things interesting. It's like a brand new game. :)
    Bash looks more like a half-dwarf, so I get your point regarding blankets and side thereof.
    Grond0
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992

@Pokota It's Perdue not Purdue which is an in joke as Perdue is French for lost.

You know, as a native french speaker, I'm ashamed to say that I never realized that...
    Grond0Wise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    Just a quick note: CorEE II the dwarven cleric and his band of dwarves (MP characters) and Kivan are still kicking. They've just cleared the Ankheg farm area and are level 5. They will likely explore the Cloakwood pretty soon. They are in BG 1 EE, no mods.
    PokotaWise_GrimwaldArctodusCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    Arctodus said:

You know, as a native french speaker, I'm ashamed to say that I never realized that...
    And it's 50 years since I studied French. :D
    ArctodusJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak