Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305

Next stop, Avernus! Illaruel manages to charm Ziatar, but Mollyboo can cure it with Dispel Charm while the rest of the party draw Wands of Frost and put down Illaruel within the round.

What trick are you using to make those wands usable by fighters?
    JuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,837
    Grond0 said:

Next stop, Avernus! Illaruel manages to charm Ziatar, but Mollyboo can cure it with Dispel Charm while the rest of the party draw Wands of Frost and put down Illaruel within the round.

What trick are you using to make those wands usable by fighters?
    A Gallant kit fighter can use wands, but can't learn spells. The kit does have restrictions to compensate.
    Grond0JuliusBorisov
    edited August 2017
    Arctodus said:

I know you guys can't be bothered with identifying items you used about a million time before, but my OCD just cannot stand to have unidentified items. Even seeing this on someone else's game is bugging me. :p

Sometimes it is the problem of not enough gold. :( However with arrows/bolts etc, if you id them, then you can't stack them if you find more of the same without identifying the newly found items.
    AerakarCrevsDaak
    @lroumen Hard Luck
    lroumenJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
    @lroumen Probably worthwhile continuing as I am not aware of anybody doing a SoD speedrun yet.
    Aerakar
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I have played it only once. I have no idea what the best sequence would be. However, I could continue just noreload.
    AerakarWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Never heard of anybody doing a speed run of SoD. I'd love to see one!

The nature of speedruns seems very different from that of no-reloads, however. A speedrunner will generally use a set of powerful exploits which very seldom fail; a speedrunner will use most any trick or glitch provided that it doesn't require cheat codes or an external editor. And even if you did lose a speedrun, they go by so quick that you could easily restart it from the beginning, making the no-reload aspect irrelevant when it's already redundant.
    Wise_GrimwaldStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaak
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Alright, maybe I can run it with another character a few times and then attempt with a speedytoes. I think there are some nice Halfling items around and a lot of detonation arrows left to go some distance.
    ArctodusAerakarWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak