Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    Detect Illusions does not break invisibility or Sanctuary, nor will it dispel Sanctuary on enemy clerics.
    Grond0OrlonKronsteenMantis37
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    We did run into one setback - Minsc was imprisoned by the beholders. We were intending to replace Minsc anyways, but it was certainly a loss of certain equipment like ring of earth control, Shield of Balduran, and Helm of Brilliance. But the quest must continue...

Can't Imoen use freedom scrolls?
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    Grond0 wrote: »
    We did run into one setback - Minsc was imprisoned by the beholders. We were intending to replace Minsc anyways, but it was certainly a loss of certain equipment like ring of earth control, Shield of Balduran, and Helm of Brilliance. But the quest must continue...

Can't Imoen use freedom scrolls?

Coremage even knows freedom - but he's not high enough level. And as for scrolls, we have had money issues so couldn't afford any extra freedoms - we had to use a freedom scroll in Beholder's Lair in the Underdark to get Keldorn back, as well as Imoen flubbed her freedom scroll.
    semiticgod wrote: »
    Apparently Ascension-buffed enemies have been operating with this bug the whole time. This is why I've heard of other characters being able to kite the Ravager: it doesn't have any regeneration that you have to overcome.

Any character who can use the Shield of Reflection could take it down easily. I don't think you'd even need to attack it; you could rely entirely on its own reflected darts to kill it.

Normally, regeneration lets enemies win wars of attrition. But Yaga-Shura, and presumably Abazigal and the Ravager as well, have no regeneration. All of them could be kited by practically any character, no matter how lousy their THAC0 and damage output might be.

That was my understanding, but I didn't comment on your earlier posts as I assumed you were talking about the impact of mods in your installation ;).
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaak
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    One question from a modder to trilogy-non-reloaders

Have any of you noticed if the character kill count resets from one game to another?

I mean, you finish BGEE with, IDK, 500 kills. Starting SoD it goes to 0 or keeps counting from 500?

And going to BG2EE?

And IWDEE -> HoW?

Thanks and sorry for the off-topic!
    CharlestonianTemplarCrevsDaak
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 995
    @Raduziel I can't comment on SoD (rarely play it) - but I believe kill count resets in BG 2 EE, as the kill counts are by chapter and game. Two chapter Ones would be confusing.
    RaduzielCharlestonianTemplar
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @Corey_Russell thanks!
    Corey_RussellCharlestonianTemplar
    @Raduziel kill counts (and chapter counts) just continue on from BGEE in SoD.
    Raduziel