Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,389
    @Wise_Grimwald. Hard luck with Giles. Level 1 protection still applies, but it's never been foolproof and I wouldn't rely on it.

Noobering Firebead refers to talking to him about 30 times - he eventually gets fed up and pays you 300 gold to get you to go away (that goes back to vanilla).
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2016
    Cavan survived the caverns beneath Dragonspear Castle and marched onward. Not without difficulty, however:

Hephernaan and his backup proved to be pretty tough. Cavan wanted to run away, but Dynaheir had been stunned and Safana mazed... so he had to hold his ground until they came back to their senses. Fortunately, there were no casualties.

At parlay outside camp, Cavan contemplated helping Caelar free the lost souls from hell. Instead, he tried to warn her about Hephernaan. The conversation didn't get very far, though... and the result was crusaders assaulting our camp.

Cavan told the defenders to buck up. Viconia sighed in disgust. She walked out of the camp just before the assault... this time, probably for good.

The crusaders marched into camp, only to strike an immovable wall in Cavan and his soldiers. No casualties. The enemy died swiftly.

Cavan secured the courtyard at Dragonspear by defeating a winged creature, Ashatiel, in battle. One stunning dart pricked the creature through her stoneskins... and then all of her defenses were worth nothing.

Now he prepares to enter the keep proper.... next on Days of our SoD lives...
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    P.S.

Is Branwen available in SoD?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,866
    edited October 2016
    @Grond0 Well done against Draconis. "He who fights and runs away..."
    Ozzy definitely cut it fine there!
    @Blind_Visionary In SoD the enemies that look the worst aren't always the most dangerous.
    @Aasim Looking good after some scary moments.
    @Enuhal Well played.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,737
    edited October 2016

Sir Giles was killed by one blow of the ogrillon. I thought that was not possible at level one. :( (Perhaps a change made in EE. ?)

If you have 14 hps or more at lvl 1, you can be killed in one blow. I don't think it was changed. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/161059/#Comment_161059
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
  • AasimAasim Member Posts: 591
    @JuliusBorisov

How do you have so many ankhegs in that screenshot? Did you round them up?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,737
    I tried to rest, and each time it got interrupted by a new ankheg. As soon as it was killed, I tried to rest again and again a new ankheg appeared. The ankheg bodies disappeared only when the rest attempt didn't fail.
    edited October 2016
    JuliusBorisov said:I tried to rest, and each time it got interrupted by a new ankheg. As soon as it was killed, I tried to rest again and again a new ankheg appeared. The ankheg bodies disappeared only when the rest attempt didn't fail.
    @Aasim
    That is normal, especially when underground. If you have a bag of holding in your set-up, it is a good way of getting rich and very experienced quickly. If you really need to rest, go to the FAI or the Bridge into Baldur's Gate. You can get a good night's rest in peace at either of those places. Attacks whilst in transit are rare.
    I try not to over-use this method of getting wealth and experience as it feels a bit cheesy. I will sleep there if I really need to sleep, (Having run out of spells, or being tired) but not otherwise.
    In the case of JuliusBorisov's current game, it was a case of needs must, largely because of a self-imposed rule.
    If you take the shells to the Forge, put the shells on the ground, and only pick them up one at a time to sell them, otherwise you won't get what they are worth.
    Also don't leave a large time lag between sales or you will be told that they are too old to be used.

Edit

Do I take it that the devs already know that the Morningstar BLUN1D is not equippable by a fighter/cleric as it should be, as I have seen a number of posts regarding buggy clerics?
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    @Grond0 Now that really is bad luck. I did wish you intelligence at the beginning of the run, but clearly not enough. So near the end too!
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    edited October 2016
    That is a truly unfortunate way to go. Congrats on another astonishing run, Grond0... tragic, but astonishing!
    @Blind_Visionary Congratulations. :)
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 1,009
    edited October 2016
    @Grond0 Sorry for that self-imprisonment. By the way, the surge, does it cast a spell you do or don't know? Because if it can only cast what you know, can you protect yourself by not scribing imprisonment and maze?
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 1,009
    @Blind_Visionary Congrats on making it to BG 2 no-reload for the 1st time! Be careful! Good number of insta-death type stuff in BG 2 (petrification traps, imprisonment, finger of death, disintegrate, etc.)