Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of ONE MILLION visions"

Comments

• semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Blind_Visionary: BG2 is definitely viable (albeit dicey) even if you haven't played it in a while. After all, we have blind SoD no-reloads in this thread, and SoD is similar in some ways to SCS BG2.

But I notice you have Ascension installed, and if you haven't played vanilla ToB more than once, I think trying out Ascension is very, very likely to result in death. I strongly recommend you either do some research on the Ascension mod, uninstall it before beginning ToB, or consider posting in the minimal reload thread if the run ends in ToB.

The fights in Ascension aren't necessarily the most difficult out of the saga--there are other challenging lower-level fights in the BG games--but Ascension is more than just a bonus layer of difficulty on top of SCS. Ascension also grants outrageous new powers and immunities to all kinds of ToB enemies, and the final battle with Melissan is an immensely complicated, high-pressure ordeal. It's a bit like the Tactics fight with Irenicus in Hell.
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 211
    edited October 2016

I wanted to add JimFix to add detail to the combat log, but couldn't find a valid download link.

I just realized that his Dropbox link I've provided in my post doesn't work anymore and he is unavailable via e-mail we had a conversations before. I want to get his permission to share his mod via my Google Drive but at the moment I can't do that. I dare to share a link here for now but will continue my attempts to connect him and if he will be against this sharing I'll remove it.
    Post edited by Serg_BlackStrider on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    Gares Bog will never be forgotten! Stick it, Aasim! Beholders are not easy at all with SCS.
  • Serg_BlackStriderSerg_BlackStrider Member Posts: 211
    @Aasim: that was unfortunate to say the least...=(
    Who's next? Maybe Carel(ess) Goth, huh? ;)
  • Blind_VisionaryBlind_Visionary Member Posts: 203
    Rest in peace, Gares...
    edited October 2016

I think trying out Ascension is very, very likely to result in death.

Excellent! *grin*

Looks like I'll be following in the footsteps of many a talented Charname, based on this morning's action...

RIP Ozzy and Toriac.
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 1,034
    Tough breaks, Aasim, Grond0 and Gate70. Although to me @Grond0 , it always seems you under-estimate the illithids. I take a very serious approach to them (gobs of genius potions, fool-proof stun protection, extremely high AC, etc.). The only fool proof summon I have found is a planetar protected by chaotic commands - summons never seem to get to the job done for me, so thus I rely on massive defense on my own character instead.
    Congrats, @Ygramul! I'm glad that your 80 hours of preparation paid off and that you survived the temple unscathed!

I can't wait to read about your blind adventures in SoD. Stay safe!
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,060

Congrats, @Ygramul! I'm glad that your 80 hours of preparation paid off and that you survived the temple unscathed!

I can't wait to read about your blind adventures in SoD. Stay safe!

I gotta say that I followed the advice given after my last death: INVISIBILITY POTIONS!

They prevented at least four deaths. (Resulting in Minsc and Jaheira drinking Healing Potions like there is no tomorrow.) And managed confuse Sarevok waiting in a corner for a few precious rounds.

Also, I noticed that I can have Minsc drink a Potion of Genius to use Scroll of Prot Magic! As a result he tanked a lot of nasty spells.

Still, Imoen and Jaheira died. (As a tactical choice, I had ignored the Skeletal Warriors. They hit hard!)

Once Sarevok is alone, I unloaded wand after wand (Frost, mostly) at him till he fell, while using up the precious few charges of the Summoning wand.
    edited October 2016
    @Grond0 That is next-level. Beyond next-level, in fact. Long live Alac!!
    Unbelievable. Alac for the Throne!!