Skip to content

Dialogue-pickpocket trick, bug or an "RP feature"

JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
As many may know, after finishing the dialogue with an NPC, this NPC will "focus" on the character which initiated the dialogue for a few seconds(you can walk in circles around the NPC and she/he/it will turn with you). During this time, a PP attempt from another character(I always do it with another character for RP purposes, which I explain latter) won't turn the NPC hostile even if it fails(and you can try many times: pause-try, pause-try, etc).

This is how I'm ALWAYS :D getting some awesome clock on my no-reload runs, as soon as Imoen gets 50 in PP.

Obvious exploiting, right? True. However, it's brilliant from RP perspective: one is distracting, another is "working". Am I right? Am I right?

So, what's your take on this? Aye or nay? :)
GoturalJuliusBorisovlolientoolarg

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It's your game, you can play it however you like.

Just hope they dont fix this feature in an upcoming patch.
    Tressetlolien
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    I will not only hope, I will PREY! Day and night. In all seriousness, though, it's irrelevant.

An interesting(from my POV) detail I wanted to share and hear opinions about it, that's all.

P.S By the way, is it a known issue?
    lolien
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited March 2015
    Oh I am sure they know about it. I don't think they want to do anything about it, though.
    lolien
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Thanks for this trick, @JoshBG , good to know. I say "Yay" just because I find it a bit silly that there's always 1% chance of failing a PP attempt, even with 250 points in this skill and the only way to react to a failture is either a reload or an acceptance of the fact this NPC will no longer stay neutral.
    lolien
  • JoshBGJoshBG Member Posts: 91
    bengoshi said:

Thanks for this trick, @JoshBG , good to know. I say "Yay" just because I find it a bit silly that there's always 1% chance of failing a PP attempt, even with 250 points in this skill and the only way to react to a failture is either a reload or an acceptance of the fact this NPC will no longer stay neutral.

My pleasure!

And considering the fact that Beamdog introduced minimum PP for this or that NPC, we shouldn't feel THAT guilty :smiley:
    JuliusBorisov
  • toolargtoolarg Member Posts: 179
    Heh, I knew about the fast talking exploit (a personal favorite of mine, thanks to it I dont get to lose a stat point in THAT particular dream :tongue: ) but I never thought about using it with pickpockets. Thanks for the tip.
    JuliusBorisov