Skip to content

One PoE feature I would like to warn every BG/IWD fan about

2»

Comments

• GodGod Member Posts: 1,150
    bengoshi said:

But the fact remains: many current reviewers of the game (many of them are media persons) encounter this problem and don't understand what's happening.

Media persons don't normally understand what's happening. Especially if they didn't plan it in advance.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    I think he means the spell rolling flame.
  • SpaceSpace Member Posts: 71
    edited March 2015
    Shadows and Spectres ignore your tank and teleport to the mage which can't run away because of disengagement attacks!

This is almost as frustrating as there not being any feature to drop or destroy items!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    Why would you like to drop or destroy items if the stash is unlimited in this game?
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    I think if I know that I'm going to be fighting shadows I'll just give Aloth a rapier and full plate and just have him cast defensive mage spells. Btw, does anyone know if casting spells in melee provokes attacks?
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    @Vallmyr no it does not.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Qbert said:

@Vallmyr no it does not.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. As a long time Wizard player and fan (it is hands down my favorite class), I am all for anything at all that elevates a Wizard's power. However, I do kind of understand how casting a spell takes concentration and very precise movements that don't "Necessarily" lend themselves to the kind of movements that prevent/block attacks. Hmmmm... I think I should shut up and just go Yay!!!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2015
    If you are having lagging/slowness issues with the game hit the tilde key (~), hit enter, then type in msaa 0 and hit enter again.

Anti-Aliasing is active apparently by default in the game. This just turns it from x4 to 0. You can change the value apparently anywhere between 16 and 0 from what I understand.

Unfortunately it looks like this only disables it temporarily (meaning you'll need to do it again when you change maps). Hopefully obsidian comes out with a patch for this. In the meantime there is also a mod to address it, though I haven't tried it out myself.

http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/9/?
    Post edited by elminster on
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

Qbert said:

@Vallmyr no it does not.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. As a long time Wizard player and fan (it is hands down my favorite class), I am all for anything at all that elevates a Wizard's power. However, I do kind of understand how casting a spell takes concentration and very precise movements that don't "Necessarily" lend themselves to the kind of movements that prevent/block attacks. Hmmmm... I think I should shut up and just go Yay!!!
    What I've noticed so far (and I have yet to get very far in the limited time I've been able to play) is that spellcasting doesn't provoke attacks or reduce your defenses (at least I haven't noticed it doing so), but spells tend to take longer to cast than an attack, meaning that you're more likely to be interrupted, making it take even longer, etc.

So while it might not be as dangerous as a disengagement attack, it's still hazardous.