Skip to content

Killing the priests of the Sword Coast

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. So, I answered Brage's riddle correctly and took him back to Nashkel and that raised my rep by one point. Then, since I'm playing evil, I decided to kill him. I attacked him, and Nalin, (the priest in the tmeple of Helm in Nashkel), became hostile, so I killed him as well. However, I got no reputation loss for killing him. Is this a glitch or do you just not lose reputation for killing priests? I did not lose rep for killing all the priestesses of Umberlee in Baldur's Gate either.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    edited March 2015
    Its a mechanical thing. You only lose rep for killing characters who have "innocent" as a class. Nalin is mechanically a cleric with the priest of helm kit. Brage is presumably a fighter. So you don't lose rep for killing them.
  • epicrakshasasepicrakshasas Member Posts: 71
    Just as an update I still lost no rep for killing everyone in the Temple of Lathander.
    Yep. Class wise Kelddath Ormlyr is a Cleric (specifically the Priest of Lathander kit). His sirines are all using the Fairy_Sirine class.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    lol if you murder everything with hit points, you're gonna miss some quests... also what you gonna do if somebody requires ressurection/healing?
    Heindrich said:

lol if you murder everything with hit points, you're gonna miss some quests... also what you gonna do if somebody requires ressurection/healing?

I just was killing the priests for Viconia! Anyway, I do the priest's quest and then kill them if their god does not seem to agree with my neutral evil character. I decided to leave the temple of Oghma alone at the FAI.
    edited March 2015

Heindrich said:

I just was killing the priests for Viconia! Anyway, I do the priest's quest and then kill them if their god does not seem to agree with my neutral evil character. I decided to leave the temple of Oghma alone at the FAI.
    There is also the Temple of Tymora, Shrine to Ilmater and Temple of Gond in Baldur's Gate. Plus there is another temple dedicated towards Helm in the city as well.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,266
    The only priests I kill are the Umberlants.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Tresset said:

The only priests I kill are the Umberlants.

Not even the ones in building beside the temple in Beregost?!

but.. but... the xp!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,743
    I hope Dorn was in your party, @epicrakshasas ! He just ought to see those priests killed:)
    Well, I've got Dorn, Viconia, Kagain, and Edwim, so Kagain loves the loot off of them, Viconia loves killing people who don't worship Shar, Edwin in a red wizard and I believe they think that their magic is better than religion, and Dorn. Dorn just likes the blood.