Skip to content

#12311 BGII:EE should not show a blank screen on Android devices

Comments

• BuzzarrdBuzzarrd Member Posts: 2
    Hey sorry I didn't see your post till now. I'm going to pm my Id to you anyways in the hope you will allow me to try and help. Either way please pass along that it's awesome you guys already have a fix you want to at least test. Thank you I'm looking forward to seeing an update available to remedy this issue
  • kaldurakkaldurak Member Posts: 3
    I requested the join the google group by invite from Gate70,but I still have not been approved :(
  • TwincleTwincle Member Posts: 9
    Same here - please accept my request in google+
  • kaldurakkaldurak Member Posts: 3
    Any chance of getting in? Or am I going to sit here with a game that I cannot play :(
  • xanthoidxanthoid Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I've registed on this forum to echo that i'm now having this problem, exactly as previously reported by others.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S sm-t800 (10.5inch version, although i doubt it makes difference).

Both BG & BB2 have previously worked near flawlessly (commendably robust in fact) for me until now.

Have just applied lollipop update, both games have been broken unplayably. Lollipop update is directlyly the catalyst here.

Symptoms in both games I purchased:

Beamdog splash screen shows. Title menu totally black screen. Music plays. Menues are seemingly clickable by tapping screen - suggests graphic rendering problem and not a game lock-up.

Please help, first time playing BG2 and I'd hate to see my intrepid adventurers never escape the mind-flayer dungeon ;-)
  • elmegaelmega Member Posts: 1
    Same here. Samsung Galaxy Tab S sm-t800 too.
  • GTazDevilGTazDevil Member Posts: 12
    Same issue Tab s lollipop 5.0.2. Would love to know the status on this issue if there's any updates?
  • ThalradorThalrador Member Posts: 3
    Same issue, Tab S.
    Lost my saved files on BG1, cause i thought a reinstall might fix it :(
    Just finished GB1, now i would like to buy BG2, but as the game is unplayable for 2 weeks now i am not convinced...
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited May 2015
    @Twincle @kaldurak

In the future just to be on the safe side you should PM any email addresses instead of posting them here. Spambots love that sort of thing.
  • bigbossbenebigbossbene Member Posts: 2
    Dropped you a pm @elminster and @Gate70

i hope i get some help since i already paid for the game
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    Hi
    This is progressing internally at present and feedback on the black screen issue has been promising to date. Will try to keep you informed.
    Thanks
    edited May 2015
    Gate70 said:

Hi
    This is progressing internally at present and feedback on the black screen issue has been promising to date. Will try to keep you informed.
    Thanks

Thanks for the update @Gate70. Would it be too much to ask for a ballpark estimate of when this will be resolved. Are we talking days, weeks or months?

Thanks
    Post edited by GTazDevil on
  • raf_ol_raf_ol_ Member Posts: 1
    Same problem here with Galaxy Tab S running 5.0.2 Lollipop
  • ticktockticktock Member Posts: 2
    Having same issue with Galaxy Tab S 10.5 SM-T807T with 5.0.2 for BF-EE
  • empmaxempmax Member Posts: 5
    Same here with tab S 5.0.2.... can we have an update on the situation please? When is the update coming approx.?
  • ThalradorThalrador Member Posts: 3
    2 months now with the game unplayable. Any info when can you fix this?
  • bigbossbenebigbossbene Member Posts: 2
    thats really funny that beamdog still sell games in the google play store which cant be played :) spent money for baldurs gate ee and icewind dale and didnt even play one hour yet. games are still unplayable, they still sell it and dont fix it.

2 months now and no help.

epic company, well played.
  • ticktockticktock Member Posts: 2
    GOD BLESS, can someone from Beamdog at the very least leave a comment with some info?
    Let your customers know where your at, an ETA? Most people on these forums understand there are going to be issues
    with updates and this points to the Android 5 update.
    Just throw us a bone,
    Show some concern for your "Loyal" customers before people get bitter at being ignored and start trashing you over social media, the web.
  • KrakKrak Member Posts: 2
    Any info regarding a solution or do I go for a refund?
    Krak said:

Any info regarding a solution or do I go for a refund?

Krak, go for a refund while you can. Beamdog has known about this issue for several months now and theres been no communication towards when a patch will be released. I'm personally starting to lose faith that I'll ever get this game so I may just go back to my original CD copy for PC to get my BG fix
    I will personnaly ask for a refund at the end of the week (im giving one last chance) i've contact the support by email..they said they were working on it but we might have to wait until android gets Updated ..since then i havnt had any other awnsers
  • KrakKrak Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the update, Ill wait for it then.
  • BROADSWORDBROADSWORD Member Posts: 8
    I played Pool of Radiance and it's sequels on PC when I was a kid. I loved them and somehow managed to not discover Baldur's Gate, or BGII and Icewind Dale. When I did, I excitedly purchased them and started playing them on my android mobile. Yeah not the funnest due to the smaller screen. So naturally I went and bought a Samsung Galaxy Tab S exclusivly for Baldur's Gate. And and now my purchases don't even work because of a lame update that I wish I had never downloaded. Please fix this.... :neutral:
  • FreakydooFreakydoo Member Posts: 37
    Any updates on this front would be welcome.
  • walaakoidwalaakoid Member Posts: 10
    hi,

i created an account here just to be updated on any fix or patch for this problem.

i use a samsung tab S 8.4, sm-t705 LTE model.

BG2-EE working well when i had android kitkat 4.4.2 and as is iterated in the many comments, had the error after updating to lollipop 5.0.2.

in your post last april 8, you mentioned that BG2-EE "works OK" in lollipop 5.1, but after checking on various sites, the 5.1 update for samsung tab S has no any upcoming release any time soon (which is totally disappointing as this is the flagship tab for samsung)

we really hope to have some news as to how the fix/patch is going on in your side. it's really disappointing as this is the only game i actually purchased in the playstore having been a long time fan of the series.

God bless.

-wd
  • pauleywogzpauleywogz Member Posts: 14
    Yo beamdog, please fix this ASAP. Yall didn't steer me wrong on steam, and i'd hate to refund my money. Again, please fix this black screen issue!!
  • jhoyze21jhoyze21 Member Posts: 1
    i couldnt stress enough that im really really let down by what's happening with these games, ID, BG, BG2 on my android tablet..please fix them as soon as possible, or at the very least give us any update on how the patch is doing. im using the new tab S from samsung, 8.4..game worked before, but now seems broken after lollipop was installed..
    For those of you guys who want a refund.. click this link https://support.google.com/wallet/?hl=en#topic=3209987&contact=1 ..2 months without a working game is inacceptable
    empmax said:

For those of you guys who want a refund.. click this link https://support.google.com/wallet/?hl=en#topic=3209987&contact=1 ..2 months without a working game is inacceptable

already got mine empmax...