Skip to content

[MOD] Afaaq, the Djinni Companion for BG2 and BG2:EE released

14567810»

Comments

• argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,434
    kaio wrote: »
    Hi, thank you for the mod.

I just "recruited" Afaaq.
    However, every couple of seconds a "glitter" effect with a sound is played, and i find annoying.
    Is that a bug or a working feature?
    In case of a bug, how could fix it? I tried to re-install the mod but nothing changed .
    In case of feature or no better solution, do you know the filename sound effect? In that way I could override with a no-sound file and I think that should work.

Here's a short clip to show the effect I'm talking about: https://gofile.io/d/QMZzFo

That effect is part of the "turn into gaseous form" transformation when the djinni is badly hurt. However, it is not applied as a repeating or permanent effect. It could just be a glitch, or maybe a conflict with another mod that modifies the spell effect.

You could try to remove it by pressing the Ctrl+R cheat code while placing the mouse cursor over the djinni selection circle to strip all dispellable effects from the creature.

If that doesn't work could you zip and upload a save (the whole save folder "000000000-Name-of-the-Save")? I could take a look and remove the offending spell effect.
  • kaiokaio Member Posts: 12
    Thanks, ctrl-R solved the issue!
    argent77 wrote: »
    Sergio wrote: »
    2) I need to tap the power of the lich skull. How would I do that?
    Talk to Karim again about Malik's offer to get some pointers where to look for these instructions. Or open the spoiler tag if you don't want to find it out on your own:
    Travel to Watcher's Keep. Enter the upper floor and talk to the archivist. He should tell you the general location of the script. Location is randomized, so I can't give you more specific advice.

Hi, a bit of necro-posting because I'd need some help on this part of the quest.
    I've talked with the archivist on the first floor of Watcher's Keep.

I get the following dialogue (copied from the github code)
    IF ~~ Archivist.Cold.1
    SAY @5886 /* A tome... yes we have many tomes and scriptures. But I am the only one left to take care of them. */
    = @5887 /* They have become so dusty and cold... so cold. Oh how I long for a warm fire. It has become so cold in these halls lately. */
    ++ @5888 /* About the tome... */ + Archivist.Cold.Bye
    END

I don't understand what should I do.
    kaio wrote: »
    Hi, a bit of necro-posting because I'd need some help on this part of the quest.
    I've talked with the archivist on the first floor of Watcher's Keep.

I get the following dialogue (copied from the github code)
    IF ~~ Archivist.Cold.1
    SAY @5886 /* A tome... yes we have many tomes and scriptures. But I am the only one left to take care of them. */
    = @5887 /* They have become so dusty and cold... so cold. Oh how I long for a warm fire. It has become so cold in these halls lately. */
    ++ @5888 /* About the tome... */ + Archivist.Cold.Bye
    END

I don't understand what should I do.

The Archivist will be more helpful if you help him out first. He talks about being cold. Maybe you can do something about it?
    Thanks for the reply, I couldn't find the element to interact with when I wrote the question, but with some more pixel hunting I found it.

It's in the room north-west of the 1st floow
    New release: Afaaq, the Djinni Companion 2.10

Changes in v2.10:
    • Added Simplified Chinese translation (many thanks to Lewis Liu).
    • Added labels for Project Infinity.
    • Fixed item category of the "Brass Key".
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Quick question. For the vengeance quest is the container in the top left of the map supposed to be locked & warded against spells? (I’ve already done the riddles, the statues, & killed the spiders.)
    Mantis37 wrote: »
    Quick question. For the vengeance quest is the container in the top left of the map supposed to be locked & warded against spells? (I’ve already done the riddles, the statues, & killed the spiders.)

No, it requires a key to open the lock. Look around, you've probably killed the guardian of the key already.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    OK, never underestimate user incompetence:).