Skip to content

Ho Travellers, Hold a Moment! Behold An Average Person.

WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
edited May 2015 in New Members Welcome Area
I learned how to read English via playing Baldur's Gate when I was 9 years old and when I watched others play Rune Scape I asked if their gear was +2 or better and if there sword rolled above 1D10+2. To say Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast is my grand all time favourite game is like saying that the universe is kinda big.

Hello average mostly introverted people, I am Within Amnesia also know as know as this guy:
[Spoiler] image
Yes I wore that Giant Paper Hat and Poncho Combination lots in High School; so much so that it got me in trouble at times. I have a more Mighty Beard Now. Also You guys can phone my Grandparents if you wish but I won't be there, but if you do phone them, well.. Let me just say that they are used to people dialing the wrong number for the local clinic.. It is as hilarious as you may think it could be.
*Don't post personal photos on the internet yadda yadda *last words:-P*; We die too quick too worry about who stalks whom.*
[/Spoiler]
I don't really know where to begin so I will just share some random facts about myself; here it goes -
I have done many things in my whole '19' years of life. I don't want to brag so I will just keep it to simple points (that I might add to later):
I am good at real life politics, I am an avid weightlifter (when I can), I like to draw sometimes, I am a good engineer, I play Airsoft with a thin shirt with 'take the pain' as the preferred game mode, I have too many scholastic awards that I don't like to hang up, I like playing around with wild animals, I prefer a 20 hours awake / 4 hour sleep cycle so I can focus more on game design, I like to play guitar, I improve classic rock and roll songs, I consider myself as independent spiritualist with no followed religion, I can will myself to pass out or get tunnel vision before I give into fatigue when running, I greatly love philosophy with deep passion, I have been told many times that I teach better than most teachers :-S, I make and repair and create Airsoft Guns (when I can), I don't need to identify the items in The Original Baldur's Gate for I know them by heart, I run an Airsoft Club depending on what town I live in and how long I stay there, I have never lived in a house hold for over 4 years, I quit drinking and using drugs and heavy drugs at the age of 13 cold turkey; I violently refuse any thing even close to a drug now, I don't like caffeine for it ruins my natural mental endurance with fatigue, I kick ass in Wii Resort 'Light Saber Fighting', I work on many Games including but not limited to: "World of Warcraft: Edge of Chaos" Private Server, Secret 'Internet Tank Games', Secret 'M.M.O.R.P.G.', I once ran a 300+ player guild in World of Warcraft and Tanked as a Death Knight in Wrath of the Lich King (before they had a set 'tanking specialization', I have played Rune Scape for a time until I was around level 30 or 40 something on two characters; forgot password of my first character, I have played World of Tanks, Ground War: Tanks RU and Ground War: Tanks N.A. up to the KV-1 Russian Heavy Tank Three Times, I tutored a grade 12 Computer Science class when I was barely 14, I have taken 3 wood working classes, been to Disney land, flown in an acrobatic helicopter, I have almost died more than I have fingers on my right hand, I have been told that bake exceptionally well (My made from scratch pizzas kick ass), I have been pigeon holed as "Learning Disabled" being practically two grades behind and then in 9 months learned 3 grades at once, I have near sighted vision but see in the dark better than most, I used to fight lots when I was younger to the point where I was sent to a 'miss behaving school' with just mostly brats; I threw a chair at a teacher and went to homeschooling after that, I got a teacher fired for being abusive to her students in class when I was 5 or 6 years old, I have over 20 Airsoft guns (that I keep adding to), I can ride a dirt bike pretty well, I have seen ghosts before, the Indiana Jones ride broke down and looped the rock rolling towards my 'car' when I was in Disney land / Universal Studios, I tried to commit suicide when I was 13; stopped half way and I still have the scare on my left wrist, I have made a real crossbow and 'fire arm' firework gun and a miniature brass cannon, I have been elected Student Council President twice in two different schools in two different towns, I love to play hockey and I like soccer, I am very a good batter in baseball but I don't think that it is much fun, I can bench press 285 lbs and leg press 1000 lbs, I like to swim and I am sun burn resistant, I can legally become a German citizen for my father was born in Germany when my late grandfather was in the Canadian Air force around World War II, I know tons and tons about tanks, I don't write very neat, I have my own structured rule set for written English that few understand, I am an adept poet, I have not yet completely broken a bone, My teeth have been chipped from fighting others and rough horse play, I have natural 'pointy teeth' that have had most of their points chipped off, I have won a First Nations Canoe Race, I have drowned, I have 'cheese grated' most of my skin off of outside of my right leg when I fell down a barnacled er, mini-cliff when I was on a yacht tour with my aunt when I was quite young; I almost landed into a drop off, I have always been poor but some of my relatives are millionaires, I have learned how to consciously dream while awake, I have an extremely robust immune system to the point where I get sick for minute or hours if that; in very rare cases of extreme disabling flues it can be 1-3 days maximum if in 'compromised conditions', I once had a blood clot plug up in my left leg and then get stuck in my heart to then dissolve 'harmlessly'; to say I was worried would be an understatement for my leg felt like a pressurized balloon that finally let its air out at 7 in the morning, I have a 'colourful' past and ambitious hills to climb right now; I have not been in trouble with the law, I love Archery, I like camping; but only for fun, I find no joy with first person multiplayer modern war simulators that have you play as anything except non-living objects fighting other non-living objects, I like the night more than the day, I am drawn to quiet affection over loud appreciation.

Anyway there is a wall of text of some mostly interesting things about myself. I am sure that I am missing a great many 'fascinating' points but that is all that I an 'currently' think of, from the 'top of my head' (as of 9:55 AM 07/05/2015).

Anyway I am tired, it is morning and the birds are chirping; it is time for me to go to sleep and work out some ideas while I dream. I can guess that my above post is rife with error, so feel free to point it out and or just say what ever you wish below. Good Night / Morning Every One *SSSsslouch, Glass Breaking Sounds, Crash! Bang! Boom! ZZZZZzzzzzzz*
Post edited by WithinAmnesia on

Comments

• DemonicDemonic Member Posts: 75
    Hello there lad,

I'll leave a :cookie: here allright? Just take it when you wake up. And welcome to the forums :)
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    GAH

MY EYES!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    Your letters are bright...
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    We die too quick to not become our selves.

I like my posts to be more aqua at times; it makes me happy. One day these forums will be shut down, Baldur's Gate will be forgotten and never mentioned; But that is not today nor tomorrow nor the day after that! We will die and We will live life in just one breath; so why not stop worrying about what others think, suck it up and blaze your own trail? Although take caution friends, make sure that you set your boundaries before-hand for they tried and challenged again and again for it is harder to lead than it is to follow. You will fall and you will fall again; we all lose at times but it is losers and cowards that run form their own destiny that choose to be defeated. What makes you a winner is the choice to not to give into pain and humiliation and to let yourself be defeated, but to be a winner is to get back up and it is to keep fighting. Always keep fighting even if you see no hope nor light, for you will make your hope and your will to persevere will make your light, all that you got to do is to believe in yourself and life will begin to believe in you. When life challenges you, Stand your ground and get back up and keep fighting, never stop fighting for your dreams. Your dreams have no ends and only losers and weak minded people will tell you that your dreams have ends to them for theirs have already ended for they choose to end them. You don't have to be a loser, you can choose to fight to be a winner; we all can. If you fight to win your life and you lose it in the process, no one can say that you did not try your best, no one will have the right to say that you don't deserve your dreams and no one can say that you were not good enough. You don't need to regret, you don't need to feel sorry for yourself, and you don't need to feel weak and broken if you say that you deserve better for yourself and that you will not accept your compromised reality for that compromised reality does not accept you. At times Life will hit you harder than any Man, Woman, Beast or Child can ever wish to hit you, but it is the choices that make within your only unique and precious short breath of life that are the only true and pure freedoms that you have. I don't want to grow old and have a heart full of regret for I did not have the courage to forge my own destiny in this world, and I do not want to be told as to how I should live my short and invaluable life; and I hope that you don't want to either.

So have fun and remember how short life really is and how quickly it can be taken from you and your loved ones; never underestimate the future. Take care and try to smile more by doing what your heart tells you to do my friends.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Nice to find out several things about you, @WithinAmnesia .

I've been learning English by BG as well, and now this forum has been making my English better:) Let's just hope that BG will never be forgotten, and even in 100-years time people will still make stories about Minsc and Boo.
  • WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015
    @bengoshi Aye friend, may Minsc and the All Mighty Boo be forever immortalized in legendary song and internet memes!

Also I will post a this video up in the future but here you go before the fact; special special:-P .
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2yXbDm_1Os

Say do you have a 'Welcome to the campfire' thread about yourself Bengoshi?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I didn't make such a thread back in the day, @WithinAmnesia but http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/20658/this-is-a-great-forum#latest can serve as one I think.