Skip to content

How would you do a 3-4 characters party?

124»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    @sloty, do you even read the replies you get? There are three full pages of replies to your questions and you keep repeating the same questions again and again. You really should go back and read'em all once more, and I mean REALLY read them. All the answers are there already.
  • SlotySloty Member Posts: 113
    So i am having so much fun with my small party on "insane" mode!
    They are a little cheatet but I like it that way:

Berserker/Cleric multiclass, halforc is the hitpoint girl with clubs right now, will dual wield later and didnt use the rage much till now...

Fighter/Mage/Kensai multiclass, dwarf, is the very best in melee, the best I have ever seen in Icewind Dale!
    Uses A mace and a flail dual right now and gets better and better at it!

Fighter/Mage/Assassin multiclass, is only ranged fihter till now, will eventually use 2 longswords and/or daggers, has low hitpoints,no good defense buffs and crappy armor so is very fragile right now. Also didnt use the backstab till now.

So thats my party and I really want to finally finish this game this time around.

Can you give me some tips on how to use my party better and make it even more stronger?
    I would like to hear some tips on spell tactics for such a small party and also for the use of backstab....
    Also which items do you reccomend to buy in Kuldahar and later villages?
  • MerinaMerina Member Posts: 303
    Where exactly are you with that party?
    Oh ... and a Club for your Berserker/Cleric? Then you depend a lot on the random loot. Conlan sells a +2 club (+4 vs. spiders) if you don't find any other one like the Peacekeeper +3 (or the +5 one which is even more rare). Warhammers for the cleric would have been the better choice. And there would be enough Flails/Morningstars for two heroes, too.
    Just finished the dragons eye!
    Ixunomy(spelling?) was VERY hard with all the bad guys that come from front and back but eventually also she had to die!
    OOOPS I made a big mistake, its actually a BERSERKER/DRUID that I have!
    Sorrry for that mistake.But then I think clubs are okay arent they?Perhaps with some scimitar later then...
    Well, multi-class fighters normally can only spend two pips on weapon skills. Dual-class fighters can become better at dual-wielding.

So, your Berserker/Druid will suffer from the off-hand THAC0 penalty.

Clubs are "okay" for a druid ... if you find the randomly dropped ones. Else you need to use what's available in shops. Clubs aren't popular due to that. Scimitars could be the better choice. Getting the +1 attacks per round scimitar is safer ... as it's a person that wears it. Spears for a druid are two-handed but safer to get, too. +3 and even +5 are used by enemies.
    edited June 2015
    MY Multiclass fighters can get 3 pips in dw...
    But even with 2 pips thats only -2 for the offhand so who cares? I get a bonus-attack!
    No thanks to spears! I dont think there are ones that can exchange for the bonusattack from dw.
    Or are there some?
    Or should I even keep to shields?
    Hmm...so many difficult questions, but I think in the end it doesnt matter much...
    Because atm I kick some arse even with club and shield an if I am lucky(or one of my mods makes it possible)
    I will get some cool club or scimitar soon...

What matters more:
    Do you have some tips on the best druid and cleric offensive spells?

And perhaps also the mage ones that are useful even late in the game and hopefully heart of fury?
    I'm not familiar with such modifications to the game at all. I guess the multi-class Berserker/Druid can also wear heavy armor?
    Sloty said:

But even with 2 pips thats only -2 for the offhand so who cares? I get a bonus-attack!

It's -4 for 2 pips. Page 122 in the manual. :wink:
    Sloty said:

What matters more:
    Do you have some tips on the best druid and cleric offensive spells?

And perhaps also the mage ones that are useful even late in the game and hopefully heart of fury?

You can only learn from scrolls you find or buy. That's the only problem with mages.
    edited June 2015
    When do the shapechanges of a Fighter/Druid become worthwile or is he always better with dualwieded clubs and scimitars?

I wonder if I should teach my F/M/T axes, so she can use some of the good 2handed axes and switch to bow easily.What do you think?
    Post edited by Sloty on
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Sloty said:

When do the shapechanges of a Fighter/Druid become worthwile or is he always better with dualwieded clubs and scimitars?

I wonder if I should teach my F/M/T axes, so she can use some of the good 2handed axes and switch to bow easily.What do you think?

FMT should always focus on weapons that they can backstab with using mislead.

Axe is a great weapon class though as mino axe is one handed and probably the best weapon in the game.
    What does mislead exactly do?
    So should I take axe with the F/M/T or not (considering no one else in the party can use axes)?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    edited June 2015
    @Sloty It gives you practically permanent invisibility, which stays on even while attacking. Hence, every hit is a backstab with mislead and positioning.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Sloty said:

What does mislead exactly do?
    So should I take axe with the F/M/T or not (considering no one else in the party can use axes)?

Probably not. Stick with backstab weapons, longbow and two weapon fighting (2 pips is enough). If you max these out then it doesn't matter much what you get (I like Katana as well).
  • TravyTravy Member Posts: 1
    Sorcerer
    f/m
    F/T
    Cleric tempus for flavour