Skip to content

What's your favourite romance?

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    It's all bullshit from viconia, she lied about the rape event and she tell the truth later more near the end of the romance.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Jaheria cause I got a pin that did stuff.

Then Aerie cause you get a baby, though not as good as pin as it didn't do much but take up space.

Then Viconia so she get allignment change from controlling undead to blowing them up.

As I always play a guy... Never romanced Anoman.

I think a better romance for me would be with Shar-Teel. It could go like this...

"Uh... Monster there, we kill them together Shar-Teel"

"We kill then make mad passionate primitive love, blood makes me horny!"

"Uh... Okay"

I would then get a 'I managed to pin Shar-Teel!' shiny badge that would increase my strength or something...

Not sure this would make it into the revised edition of Fifty Shades of Grey or BG:EE for that matter...
  • UnseeyingEyeUnseeyingEye Member Posts: 48
    Wish there was one for Imoen!! And Nalia!!
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    There are mods for Imoen and Nalia romance
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    I can't see how anyone would want to romance Jaheira. Defs the most annoying npc I've come across.

I think the Viconia romance is by far the most interesting one, even though it doesn't really give the most satisfactory ending..
    @Sophia

Yes I know that but they will have to be recreated for BG:EE won't they?
    @Rexfaroensis

Because maybe you feel sorry for getting Khalid and Jaheira involved in this Bhaalspawn mess! Maybe you feel responsible for Khalid's death and are trying to fix what you broke!
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    @Rexfaroensis, i like jaheira romance for example, exactly because of her spice personality. But however i like Anomen romance too, so i must be a problematic person :)!
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    @kamuizin To each his own, I guess. But Jaheira reminds me too much of an old fling of mine. Not something I'd voluntarily relive ;)

@Sophia

Yes I know that but they will have to be recreated for BG:EE won't they?

I'm not a mod expert but I really hope they will adapt the NPC mods to the bgee engine.
    If the mod author is still around and/or if the mod has been adopted by another modder they will probably adapt it ;)
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    @Schneidend I would gladly use Tsujatha as canon fodder, I can't tell you how much the epilogue with him pissed me off. My jaw literally dropped.

@zarffyn Arg now I want to re-install BG and play Keldorn Romance. No, I'll wait for BG2:EE. Uuuuggghhhh such a long wait.
  • alannahsmithalannahsmith Member Posts: 143
    Just throwing it out there: Allistar is by far my favorite romance in an RPG. I don't care how dorky and lame he is. If he were real, he would be mine! :) I want him in BG. Hear that modders? Please make it happen. :)
  • zarffynzarffyn Member Posts: 175

Just throwing it out there: Allistar is by far my favorite romance in an RPG. I don't care how dorky and lame he is. If he were real, he would be mine! :) I want him in BG. Hear that modders? Please make it happen. :)

Mmm, yes. Alistair. I support this initiative.
  • NiveaNivea Member Posts: 2
    Got to say Anomen was more annoying then anything, he had is ok moments when he was Chaotic. But other wise, I wanted to smack him.

Xan and Sarevok are my favorite romances for female characters, so much more interesting then Anomen.
    I really enjoyed Nathaniel for my male play through.

I can only hope the new male romance options are much better and less bitchy then Anomen.
  • EpitomyofShynessEpitomyofShyness Member Posts: 113
    Doooorrrrnn. And please don't put an option in to redeem him, I want an unrepentant evil bastard who still enjoys messing around with my naive goody-two-shoes little half-elf please.
  • JediMindTrixJediMindTrix Member Posts: 305
    Viconia hands-down, and I'm enjoying the Tyris Flare mod atm
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    For me Viconia was more interesting and more fun. They all have their fair share of needing to be reassured, but she didn't bug me as much at times and it always proved to be more interesting with her. In my mind she's the main BG2 love interest.

Both Aerie and Jaheira are interesting in their own right, but I don't feel like putting up with them at times when I'm romancing them. I find Viconia less needy and more interesting to have around.
  • DaekeeperDaekeeper Member Posts: 12
    Jaheira was my fave, such a hard woman to please. It was very fulfilling to me for her to get her Harper Pin.
  • neokarnyneokarny Member Posts: 39
    Aerie is the only female romance I've played...
  • SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    This thread is motivating me to actually complete a romance in BGEE
    @alannahsmith I've never heard about Alistair, I'll check it out :)
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Alistair is a sweetheart, he's really well written. Not too corny (except for the one time where he himself says "Gods this is corny") and full of dry sarcasm and acknowledgement of the ridiculousness of the situation.
    Morrigan's romance felt...very hollow. But I guess that's the point in her case.

In BG, Anomen's romance was not as bad as I thought, though you're still taking care of a petulant man-child half the time. Aerie's grinds my gears because the whiiiiining and the self pity (though I find it awesome that she has a child at some point, that was new). Jaheira's was good, it felt mature and I like her. She's a strong lady. Viconia's was interesting, not quite sure what to think of it since it's just really weird when you think about it. I liked it though.
    I've tried romancing Kivan but for some reason the game concluded that I chose Anomen in that game (despite me being an ass to Anomen all the time) so I can't comment there except that it was a little weird that despite our non-romance, I could still give him kisses and winks and buttpinches and we'd dance scantily dressed in the moonlight. Despite Anomen calling me 'My love' all the time, he seemed pretty open minded.

Actually my favorite romance is Aerie/Haer'dalis. Aside from it being the only instance so far that I know of where two partymembers got together (why is it always about the PC?) it showed a good progression of infatuation and happiness to disagreements and eventual decline to a breakup. I wish they could've worked things out, they were so cute together.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    I romanced Viconia with my evil mage just so I can do her and throw her away afterwards. What can I say? I'm an evil bastard lolol! :)
    Drugar said:

Alistair is a sweetheart, he's really well written. Not too corny (except for the one time where he himself says "Gods this is corny") and full of dry sarcasm and acknowledgement of the ridiculousness of the situation.

His sense of humor (and the voice actor's delivery) is just spot on. The Alistair romance succeeds where the Anomen romance fails, IMO. A balance of strength and vulnerability, and just before he gets too cheesy, he says something self-deprecating and makes you laugh. He doesn't question whether a woman is fit or capable to lead (YOU HEAR THAT, ANOMEN?). Alistair is the only reason I'm still trudging through DAO. Because: "Maker's breath, you're beautiful" wins the day.

BTW, with the Kivan mod. I did something wrong and after defeating Irenicus...well, let's just say he wasn't able to help in ToB. I was (am still) really irritated that I went through BG1&2 to nurture the relationship, and it completely failed. Ah, well. Just wasn't meant to be, I suppose. :)
  • serabietserabiet Member Posts: 52
    edited September 2012
    Of the vanilla BG ones I'd have to say both Jaheira and Viconia. Both are strong women and who isn't a sucker for those. Not even touching Anomen or Aerie.

As for mods, I've tried out the Edwin one which was obviously made with love and enthusiasm even if it doesn't exactly suit the srs bsns take I'd prefer with the games. On my next playthroughs very interested in seeing what Keldorn and Sarevok mods have to offer. I remember being terribly attracted to Keldorn on my first playthroughs at the age of 14 or so and now the possibility to rekindle that with a mature, slow story is quite appealing.

Man I sound like a dork talking in first person about romancing characters that don't exist. Welp.
    serabiet said:

Man I sound like a dork talking in first person about romancing characters that don't exist. Welp.

You're not alone. :) I think it's a credit to the writing of the characters, that we come to have strong feelings (one way or another) about them. They make us laugh, feel fuzzy and warm, and sometimes even cry (Oh, Xan).

That said, if anyone has a IRL shrine, I don't want to know about it. =)

• Corto81Corto81 Member Posts: 18
    Viconia.

No contest.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited September 2012
    Viconia!

Damn tsunderes always get me -.-

Imoen too if it counts :P