Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458

Isandir said:

@Isandir: since I'm not sure you've read my PM I'll simply namedrop you. ;D

I did receive it, and I'll hopefully be able to give it a shot over the weekend. I'm midway through the first week of my new job, and it's rather intense (in a good way for the most part). That also means I'll unfortunately be posting far less at the moment, so I'm hoping to see @Syntia13 (where have you been?) @vierrae and others offering some more of their creations.
    Hey, I read this just today: because of some obscure forum magic this thread was bookmarked no more! O,o
    I actually did start trying to remake your portrait, but in this case you may actually have been right: the first version looked better than my second attempt. For some odd reason the original just turned out better than most of the others I was making at that time.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @Isandir
    (chuckles) Ah Artists. My husband just told me “your just like him”. Nothing is ever done. I sculpt in clay, stone and gemstones. Now you’ve sentenced me to flipping back and forth between the two versions all day, as I try to decide which I like best. I admit I like many of the changes you made, though it was hard for me to give up the darker background that seemed to fit him.

@Isandir
    (chuckles) Ah Artists. My husband just told me “your just like him”. Nothing is ever done. I sculpt in clay, stone and gemstones. Now you’ve sentenced me to flipping back and forth between the two versions all day, as I try to decide which I like best. I admit I like many of the changes you made, though it was hard for me to give up the darker background that seemed to fit him.

I understand exactly how you feel. I spent over an hour trying out various nighttime backgrounds and finally just gave up, as they all kept making it appear washed out and dark. If I do come across one that works, I'll replace it and send it your way.
    No hurry @Isandir An artist must create when the inspiration strikes. There is no rushing such things. I appreciate your taking the time, at your convenience.
    jdemast said:

@Isandir‌

glad to see you back and making new portraits! :)

do you have any drow female models you are currently working on?

I didn't, but now I do. I need to finish three other projects first, but I could probably tackle one after that.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    edited July 2014
    Removed
    Aiden is perfect @Isandir, thank you!
    You have shown an uncanny ability to breath life into the characters using the limited information I sent you to help you envision them. I feel that bios for the secondary characters would better be revealed organically through playing through the story, but I will post a bio for Kerick and general information about the mod here soon, if you feel that is appropriate.

Aiden is perfect @Isandir, thank you!
    You have shown an uncanny ability to breath life into the characters using the limited information I sent you to help you envision them. I feel that bios for the secondary characters would better be revealed organically through playing through the story, but I will post a bio for Kerick and general information about the mod here soon, if you feel that is appropriate.

Please do! I've been wanting to know more about it since I started working on these portraits. Is there an estimated release date yet?
    @Isandir
    The pressures of release dates are for the professionals. We’re just hobbyist, figuring it all out for the first time and fitting it in between the demands of real life. We have come a long way since the day I said “I wonder if we could…” and my husband gave me that look he does when he questions my sanity. I’ve seen that look many times during our time together. :) It was many months before we had Kerick amusing us with his antics in game, and I suspect it will be months yet, judging from how long it has taken us so far. For two people who had no idea what coding scripts and d language was, it has been a long road, but now it is also a labor of love. The only thing I can say for certain is that it will be released. The SoA and ToB portions of the mod should take much less time as we won’t be starting from scratch. At least that is our theory. :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    If anyone here is still making custom requests, perhaps someone could be kind enough to do one of Jamie Alexander, who is the personification of tough hotness as Sif in the "Thor" films.

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I've been thinking about it and I'd love to have a baldurized avatar for the forums. I wouldn't be able to use it in the game since I'd want a fox-man, but it'd be awesome to have for an avatar, like Metalloman's avatar. I don't know if you (whoever's willing to do it) would need a photo of a fox, but I'm just thinking of a red fox. Perhaps wearing studded leather armor. If no one can/will do it, that's fine, but many thanks to anyone who would be willing.
    @meagloth‌ I was thinking more along the lines of something that would fit in well with Baldur's Gate's normal portraits. Something like what Isandir does. I appreciate the offer, though. (That picture of warriorQuartz/loser always cracks me up, btw...)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Elrandir said:

@meagloth‌ I was thinking more along the lines of something that would fit in well with Baldur's Gate's normal portraits. Something like what Isandir does. I appreciate the offer, though. (That picture of warriorQuartz/loser always cracks me up, btw...)

It's cool. We seem to be low on artist right now, so I thought I'd try.
    @meagloth‌ If you want to make one then feel free. I appreciate it and I would definitely use it as an avatar for a bit.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Elrandir said:

@meagloth‌ If you want to make one then feel free. I appreciate it and I would definitely use it as an avatar for a bit.

@Elrandir‌ I might. I would imagine Fur is hard though, and I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks in 4 days, so I'm very busy. On the other hand I have 16 hours in the car on Friday, so I'll do what I can. Would you prefer a whole fox or just a face?

@meagloth‌ Just the head and neck is fine. An example of the ideal pose would be something like Kerick or Aiden from Isandir's earlier post further up this page.
  • AlexisisinneedAlexisisinneed Member Posts: 470

Heindrich said:

Is that Sun Shang Xiang?
    @Elrandir‌: I can't guarantee anything, as I've never tried making an animal portrait before, but I'll add it to the list.
    Hahahahaha I love it! XD
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited July 2014
    @mordiscus, that's the character portrait for the priest class in Hearthstone, which is very appropriate for a cleric in BG, I suppose.