Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Isandir that picture is very lovely but sorry I think it too old for Imoen as I see Imoen she looks younger and smiling like the happy person she is.
    Isandir said:

kaguana said:

@Isandir that picture is very lovely but sorry I think it too old for Imoen as I see Imoen she looks younger and smiling like the happy person she is.

This is one of the cases in which I knew it wouldn't mesh with everyone's view of the character, so I simply went with my own concept. I aimed for a more neutral expression with a slight smile, as I tend to think of her as having a darker side just like the PC. In respect to age, however, Imoen is roughly 20 at the time of the game, so the model fits relatively well.
    I don't mind the smile it just that when I think of Imoen I think of her spirit of the eternal child, true in BG2 she is going though a hard time, but with all what she past she still have the joy of life and I can't see it in your profile of her, and btw it still seem a bit older then 20 to me.
    Don't get me wrong All in all it a good profile and I like you work.
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    @Isandir said
    I would still like them to eventually be released as NPCs, and their quests were intended to tie into several loose ends in the vanilla game. Just to gauge whether it's realistic, would anyone be interested in collaborating on a large-scale mod that involves multiple NPCs, the addition of new weapons and spells, and several new quest lines? I've obviously got the portraits side handled, as well as some basic coding and most of the writing for dialogue and descriptions.

If our plates weren’t so full at the moment with figuring out our own first mod, we would like to help. Perhaps sometime in the future we might have the opportunity to work with you.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Hey guys,

I discovered a bug with an old portrait in the Unfinished Business mod with the Minsc and Boo quest.
    The portrait with Minsc without Boo would need an update to fit BG2:EE sizes.

If someone is willing to help out and create a Minsc (the official version) without Boo and post it here:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29207.0
    I think they Modders would highly appreaciate it!

• DurothDuroth Member Posts: 17
    Sed said:

Hey guys,

I discovered a bug with an old portrait in the Unfinished Business mod with the Minsc and Boo quest.
    The portrait with Minsc without Boo would need an update to fit BG2:EE sizes.

If someone is willing to help out and create a Minsc (the official version) without Boo and post it here:
    http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?topic=29207.0
    I think they Modders would highly appreaciate it!

I don't know if this helps but this makes for a great Minsc with out boo of course.

It is Ray Stephenson by eskarne I believe on deviantart.com. I got this from LadyRhian's too many pic's thread here. Make sure you contact the original artist.

I also already cropped it for personal use.

I hope this helps.
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    @Duroth‌
    Thanks, but in this case it needs to be the official picture, just without Boo :)
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Isandir said:

In the meantime, however, I saw a picture of model that just felt right for another major character, so I put this together tonight. There are still some minor tweaks I need to make, but otherwise here is my (nearly) final take on Imoen:

Great job! - though I think it would be even more ideal for Safana (and any seductive swashbuckler in general).
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    On Imoen's age...this is her original portrait:image
    edited August 2014
    Isandir said:

@Sed‌: I threw this together this morning and didn't spend a great deal of time on it, but I assume since it's at a smaller size, it won't make a huge difference. I've attached the medium and small sizes, so they can simply be added right into the mod.

@kaguana‌: No worries. As I said, I was going more with my own vision of her. In respect to the age, I think it's just individual perception, as the base I used was a photo of professional model Richelle Oslinker, who is 21 years old.

That great that you go with your own vision that what artiest do ;) I still think that something in that pictur make her look older then 20.

Yeah @meagloth I know Imoen original portrait.

lol I knew it was a good idea to tell @Sed to post this request here :)

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Astafas‌, is your wife as sassy as she looks in that photo? Because dang. That's no TN character, that's a CN one for sure. =p Great job, btw. Probably my favourite one you've done. Is the fur armor from Skyrim? It looks familiar.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    That's a startling picture, of it's ok to say so.

Yes I mean both of them.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    @Elandir‌, she certainly can be. :-D Yeah, the fur is from Skyrim. I'm not that good in PS, so I prefer using already finished armors if possible (adjusting them when needed).

@meagloth‌, it sure is. :-) The photo was taken solely for the purpose of baldurizing, so no effort was made in regard to background and clothing, as can be seen. :-D
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    edited August 2014
    @Elrandir‌, I think I found the trick?