Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• IxilIxil Member Posts: 8
    Astafas said:

Just finished a portrait for a half-drow bard. It's fun to see how you can turn the same (crappy) photo into two totally different characters (the other one is my dwarven assassin/mage, posted in another thread)...

Loved the half-drow!

Wish I could do stuff like that...

Only managed the dung below...

imageimage
  • IxilIxil Member Posts: 8
    New tries...

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2015
    Elrandir said:

@Aramintai It's gorgeous!!! =D I love it! Thank you so much! Once I grow out my hair just a big longer (hurry up hair!) and my ears suddenly get pointy, I'll look just like him!

Ok, I'm glad you like it, but we should probably thank the original artist, whoever he\she is, for this awesome portrait, cuz I'm just a hack fiddling with colors :smile:
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Here are some i made awhile back...

photo QuinnLG.jpg

photo ANNACLG.png

photo LADY3LM.png

photo VIDAGLM.png

photo STACYKLM.png

photo LADY2LM.png

photo LADY1LM.png
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    left guy resembles Garry Shandling
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Aramintai said:

Elrandir said:

@Aramintai It's gorgeous!!! =D I love it! Thank you so much! Once I grow out my hair just a big longer (hurry up hair!) and my ears suddenly get pointy, I'll look just like him!

Ok, I'm glad you like it, but we should probably thank the original artist, whoever he\she is, for this awesome portrait, cuz I'm just a hack fiddling with colors :smile:
    I'll just say I've been in trouble for changing eye color before. Something about copyright or original artist or whatever.
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458

left guy resembles Garry Shandling

The model that I used does resemble him a bit now that I think about it. (And maybe that's why I personally didn't really like the end result even though it was technically one of my better ones. Not a Shandling fan...)

• AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    edited February 2015
    meagloth said:

Aramintai said:

Elrandir said:

I'll just say I've been in trouble for changing eye color before. Something about copyright or original artist or whatever.
    Yea, sure, if someone complains I'll take it down. Personally, I've already made myself a perfect BG portrait out of this, just wanted to share its awesomness :smile: And I hope nobody's gonna try to use or post it outside their personal game.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    I like that neera. I think its a pretty good and original interpretation of her.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    I also really like that Neera. My only criticism (and it's intended as constructive) is that her left eye seems a bit too far placed in comparison to the right eye. Apart from that, it's honestly one of my favourite interpretations of Neera I've seen.
  • filipidocarmofilipidocarmo Member Posts: 4
    Could some one edit this portrait to fit the BG style, please? : )
    Fili.bmp 203.7K
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Elrandir said:

I also really like that Neera. My only criticism (and it's intended as constructive) is that her left eye seems a bit too far placed in comparison to the right eye. Apart from that, it's honestly one of my favourite interpretations of Neera I've seen.

Thanks!

As for the eyes, they are in their right place. I know for sure, as the photograph of an actual person is used as base for this portrait. Instead, I believe it's the fact that you look at one eye from a relatively straight point of view, while the other is on the far side of a face that is slightly turned away from the (real and imaginary) camera, that deceives you.

You're actually the second person to mention the eyes. I'm not keen on changing them though, as I know it for a fact to be "in the eyes of the beholder" this time. :-D

One portrait where this is a real issue though, is Jaheira's BG2 portrait. Those eye positions simply can't be right.
  • NayeliNayeli Member Posts: 2
    Can anyone do one of me... perferably with this background. Bonus points if you can make me look like an elf/ half elf! I stumbled across this and have loved this game FOREVER. There are no npc's that look even close to me and I think it would be cool to keep it if someone has the time =)
    @Nayeli I won't have the time to help you, but I recommend you get a better starting picture. The quality/resolution/size of the one attached is not ideal to work with.
  • NayeliNayeli Member Posts: 2
    @Astafas I was actually thinking this would be a good one. I'll look.
    Try to get a picture taken with a digital SLR, with as neutral lightning as possible (no so much shadows). :-)
  • Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    I know this is a longshot, but if anyone happens to know or have any idea where I can acquire some higher res versions of these two portraits (or know of a way I can increase their resolution manually) I would greatly appreciate it.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    That alternate Valygar is going to be a Barbarian in my next IWD:EE game.