Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    Kilivitz said:

That alternate Valygar is going to be a Barbarian in my next IWD:EE game.

That Yoshimo!

^_^

• Ser_ElrykSer_Elryk Member Posts: 72
    @SharGuidesMyHand Ha! I never noticed that. I actually think the vanilla BG2 portrait of Minsc is fine on its own. But unfortunately it bears a strong resemblance to someone I know IRL who I have a very bad association with, lol. I thought this one worked well as an alternative for Minsc. (Now if only I had mad Photoshop skills and could put Boo on his shoulder there, or his bicep or something.) XD
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

If anyone here is looking for a bit of a "challenge," perhaps someone here could give a "Baldur's touch" to this picture here:

I'm thinking of using this pic for a gnome multi-class (cleric/thief or cleric/illusionist).

I'm not looking for anything fancy, I prefer the face to remain largely the way that it is - I suppose that I just want it to look less like a photograph and more like artwork so that it fits in with the other BG portraits.

Here's a larger version of the same pic, if it helps:

Thanks in advance.

• Dan_NapierDan_Napier Member Posts: 6
    Isandir said:

Thank you! I am genuinely delighted that you would register for that reason. Now that you're here, please do contribute more! I was never a member of any forum until this one, and there are some really great people here who have built an incredibly supportive community.

Well, I am a member of only one forum on the internet, a roleplaying community with a great deal of D&D and PF presence. I'm not sure in which ways I could contribute to these forums, but I'd be happy to try, of course. I'm not very knowledgeable on Baldur's Gate, to be honest, but I am in the process of trying to craft a portrait or two, myself.

That said, there is one thing I am attempting to do, which is to "baldurize" Halga and give him some plate armor. I wish I could find similar images to these with a better resolution. Alas, this is what I have to work with, and any advice would be welcome! :smile:

imageimage
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458

If anyone here is looking for a bit of a "challenge," perhaps someone here could give a "Baldur's touch" to this picture here:

I'm thinking of using this pic for a gnome multi-class (cleric/thief or cleric/illusionist).

I'm not looking for anything fancy, I prefer the face to remain largely the way that it is - I suppose that I just want it to look less like a photograph and more like artwork so that it fits in with the other BG portraits.

Thanks in advance.

As much as I'd like to try some of the challenges you and others have been putting up in the thread, I have a loooooooooong to-do list. I don't know if I'm ever going to get to all of the NPCs as I'd like... Hopefully @Syntia13, @vierrae and some of our other artists will come back soon!
  • Dan_NapierDan_Napier Member Posts: 6
    Thank you, @Ravenslight! I appreciate your, uhm, appreciation!

Really, it was somewhat hard, but not nearly as hard as thought it'd be (especially when you remember most slights fade away in-game). I'm sure that with a favorable image, with a good resolution and baldur-esque lighting, it'd be a breeze to come up with something fitting. I mean, when I get all loose ends tidied up, that is. He still has no armor, after all.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    It's a real shame this thread seems to have slowed down. Means that there is likely to remain a dearth of portraits for the new IWDEE.

*sad panda*
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    And thats awesome @Dan_Napier :)
  • MarikMarik Member Posts: 6
    edited March 2015
    Alternate portrait for CN Anomen, or otherwise a more evil paladin.

http://i.imgur.com/FV3gk5r.png?1
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    An excellent portrait, @vierrae !
    vierrae said:

May as well baldurise my other works, if you, guys, find it to your liking.

Yes, please:)
  • NatenNaten Member Posts: 138
    Marik said:

Alternate portrait for CN Anomen, or otherwise a more evil paladin.

http://i.imgur.com/FV3gk5r.png?1

great now my nightmares have returned...
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    http://dasgleinich.deviantart.com/ made custom portraits for his Pillars of Eternity created characters, and these portraits could be used for a custom party in BG as well (or each of them could be used for a charname):

http://cosmichunter89.deviantart.com/ has an idea of making Korax the Ghoul a playable character in a mod. So far, the project is in the works. This is an image chosen for Korax by http://djingo.deviantart.com/:

• meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    vierrae said:

I've drawn another portrait for my game, no refs. Personally I use it for Adrian NPC.

I like this one.
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    bengoshi said:

http://dasgleinich.deviantart.com/ made custom portraits for his Pillars of Eternity created characters, and these portraits could be used for a custom party in BG as well (or each of them could be used for a charname):

The last one wears the Helm of Balduran, so it would be perfect.
  • vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    I do realise noone is really interested, but oh well. I decided to redraw this portrait. Just because. But in result of saving the file something went horribly wrong with initial colours. Gah.
    And I am also in process of painting Xan's.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308

Isandir said:

Thank you! I am genuinely delighted that you would register for that reason. Now that you're here, please do contribute more! I was never a member of any forum until this one, and there are some really great people here who have built an incredibly supportive community.

Well, I am a member of only one forum on the internet, a roleplaying community with a great deal of D&D and PF presence. I'm not sure in which ways I could contribute to these forums, but I'd be happy to try, of course. I'm not very knowledgeable on Baldur's Gate, to be honest, but I am in the process of trying to craft a portrait or two, myself.

That said, there is one thing I am attempting to do, which is to "baldurize" Halga and give him some plate armor. I wish I could find similar images to these with a better resolution. Alas, this is what I have to work with, and any advice would be welcome! :smile:

imageimage

credit to artastrophe for background image (hence the tatoos)