Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• JarlealeJarleale Member Posts: 114
    That's how I imagine a female half-orc kensai to look like.
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    That very last one there could probably work as a Keldorn portrait.
    Holy crap... that's great Isandir. I just might have to make a half-orc character now.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    While I do personally prefer my half-orcs to be more orcish than human looking, this dude is nonetheless well done. Still, he's not quite as handsome as that demon face reflection on his scimitar. ;)
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    Great work as always. A bit to much details for BG2 IMO, but since there is BG1 as well, I think it's great!
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    edited January 2014
    @Astafas: I didn't even think about Dorn being brought over to BG2 (I have yet to play through 1, let alone start 2), so I had made this to fit with the BG1 portraits. I doubt it would fit with those in the second game, as it's too dark. I may make a second version for that eventually...

I've edited the description to account for that.
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    edited January 2014
    @Isandir, damn that half-orc is REALLY good, one of your better ones (great sword pose)! Great work Isandir, just amazing really :D
    PS: Love it when you make them "realistic" and BG1-themed.

EDIT: Was the "face" in the background intended? Feels a little out of place IMO :)
  • vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    @Isandir this is your best portrait so far, in my opinion. And in compsrison with first portraits, your skills have increased greatly. I'm going to just stand here in awe.
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458
    edited January 2014
    @Kamigoroshi & @Greenpakto: The demon face was a little alteration I threw in at the end on a whim. I had intended it to be a character touch representing Dorn's patron. It looked a bit lighter in Photoshop, as I didn't want people to notice it right away, but sticks out more in the saved image. I'll probably lighten it even more and re-upload it to my website.

@vierrae: I was very happy as I was blending it all together toward the end. It just felt like each of the elements was fitting just right, and I think it's one of my favorites now as well, along with Bardo, Conch, Vihane and Deshad (the "gaze-into-the-distance" fighter in black armor).

I also think of this portrait as my rationale as to why the BG1 art style is far better than BG2. I do like the BG2 portraits in their own way, but side by side, the BG1 versions are richer, more vibrant and more dynamic. It's just a shame that they didn't conform to the character descriptions quite as much at that time.
    Post edited by Isandir on
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I was thinking it must be his patron - as others have said, awesome work. You have an undeniable talent. Thank you for sharing it.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    I believe this beauty is the work of @Isandir and (with his permission of course!!) I would like to see if anyone could color is robes red instead of purple. I think he'll be a great Edwin ;)
    But as I said, only if Isandir gives his permission first.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    @JosefineS - Makes for a fine Jester as well.
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    @Isandir - could you do a slight edit of your Keira portrait to make her a little more evil aligned? I love the base portrait as is, and I would like to incorporate it as Shar-Teel (as a fighter-thief) in my current playthrough but am having trouble from a role playing perspective (with the harper pendant and earth tones). If you have time that would be great, if not then no worries and keep up the amazing work!
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @Isandir can you please make a version without the reflection? :-)
  • jdemastjdemast Member Posts: 35
    edited January 2014
    @Isandir

Would removing the amulet, making the hair blondish & changing the cloak color to black and turning the exposed dress part into some leather armor (while keeping the cleavage line) be possible without too much work? Or any of those really, just trying to keep within the spirit of the character whilst using your wonderful portrait as a base

• XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Can someone suggest a few portraits suitable for Chaotic Neutral Jester? Only ones I found worthy are versions of Skyrim's Cicero on deviantart, but I dont really like to use a portrait of existing character.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    I was wondering if anyone have any good Viconia portraits they would like to share? I would like one that fits in to the style of @Isandir or @Syntia13 since I've basically replaced all my portraits with theirs. :)

I currently have one that's made with Scarlett Johanson's base picture I believe, but somehow that just doesn't say "Viconia" for me, even if it's a great portrait.
    Nice one Astafas!
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    Never knew DMX/Kevin Garnett was a half-orc, but I approve!
  • vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    @Astafas it blends perfectly into BG2, thnk you for posting!
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    edited January 2014
    @vierrae, thanks! It almost blends, but it's the best I'm able to, at least with that one.
    Post edited by Astafas on
  • FatalApocalypseFatalApocalypse Member Posts: 66
    edited January 2014
    This game needs more scythes lol

Edit; I'll say one thing, based on the emotions/intents and might reflected in the traits of the pictures you people pick, not many of you would survive more than a day if BG was real lol