Skip to content

How feasible is a solo no re-load IWDEE run? *SPOILERS*

BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
Hi everyone,
I am trying to make a solo no re-load run at core rules.
How feasible do you think it is?
Anyone with any advice as to build and strategies?
Post edited by Bubbles on

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    How feasible is a solo no re-load run at core rules? Very.

As for the build, I would consider a FM or FMT multiclass.
  • BubblesBubbles Member Posts: 589
    @FinneousPJ, I started trying that and the first biggest problem is the trap that make you unconscious, then a bunch of skeles will appear and rape(excuse me for the language) you till death ..... (unless luck was with me and I pass that darn save vs spell)...
    I still can't figure out a 100% survival chance for that trap yet ...
    FMT can detect and remove traps.
    That trap is NON-detectable sure to trigger like many in that tomb
    I see. Then you should buff with a spell or potion that protects from the effect.
    Sighz..... at that point I cant find anything that even remotely do so, i even try outrunning with potion of speed but it caught up with me .....
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    Bubbles said:

That trap is NON-detectable sure to trigger like many in that tomb

That's not true. The stinking cloud part of the trap is detectable and removable.

The spawning of the skeletons is a separate trap that is undetectable and unremovable. But they're just skeletons.
    @Wowo, it is the first level of Kressellack's tomb left side.
    @Wowo That's what I thought as well.
    There was no other traps I could detect but when i touch that casket it sprang a trap that do 2 things, 1 of them could knock me unconscious and it does not show the graphics of a stink cloud, the other is summoned a whole bunch of skeletons. Not sure why I cant detect that trap.

Ah well, back to start off at Easthaven again and oh boy I hate that orc cave.
    Phew, that orc cave seemed a lot easier than before ... the AI is being kind to me this time i guess :tongue:
    @Wowo, I am now at that room with that trap that causes unconscious if fail save vs spell and i cannot detect any presence of traps at 100% Find Traps, so I decided to use EEkeeper to make sure and I set Find Traps to 255 still find no trap :cold_sweat:
    Bubbles said:

@Wowo, I am now at that room with that trap that causes unconscious if fail save vs spell and i cannot detect any presence of traps at 100% Find Traps, so I decided to use EEkeeper to make sure and I set Find Traps to 255 still find no trap :cold_sweat:

Oh that's lame, my bad on that one. I guess I was remembering the trap in one of the crypts that shoots a sinking cloud (possible to disable) and spawns skeletons (can't disable).

You could overcome this encounter without risk if you had summons. Not sure what level you are but by level 9 I think you can duck into HoW to bulk out your spell book and maybe find a spell that can give protection from the effect.

Maybe it would be easier to solo no reload with a FMC?
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Bubbles said:

Would Invisibility work? Trigger the trap, chug a potion of invisibility before the animation hits you then wait out the effects?
    edited June 2015
    @Wowo, I found the 100% solution. ^^

I cast Invisibility before touching that casket
    @decad I did a similar trick.
    @Wowo, currently at end of Kessellack's Tomb level 1, my level is F5/M5/T6.
    I wonder when is most optomal to go HoW.
    Just completed Vale of Shadows ...
    Anyone has any tips on mage spell stratgy? I am not really very efficient in spells.
    At your level it's basically buff up and melee. Soon you will get mislead backstabs and something like 1000 damage per round.
    @FinneousPJ I am basically also trying to be minimum meta as possible, meaning I will enter a room to see whats there first.
    That will mean buffing up could be a problem unless I can run out in time before being detected.
    Done Temple of Forgotten God
    Sigh ... next round will be a big headache ...
    What level are you at each point?
    Start of Dragon's Eye F6/M6/T7
    Oh right I forgot you're on core rules. It's probably easier on insane due to XP bonus, lol
    Well, thats the fun at core rules it technically easier but actually harder ^^. Insane has better drops too due to more xp leading to higher levels
    Now F7/M7/T8 doing Dragon's Eye 2nd level.
    Anyone any good suggestion against those Talonites+Trolls? i didn't manage to pick up any firebrand ...
    T_T
  • GrawrzGrawrz Member Posts: 3
    Bubbles said:

Now F7/M7/T8 doing Dragon's Eye 2nd level.
    Anyone any good suggestion against those Talonites+Trolls? i didn't manage to pick up any firebrand ...
    T_T

Use fire arrows? I recall having about 20 or so of them on hand when I was fighting trolls. Also, most of the enemies in the first 2 caves of Dragon's eye drop a lot of Flaming Oils.
    edited June 2015
    @Grawrz, I just cleared it.

I make the mistake of going back to town before clearing the Talonites and came back to find even more Trolls at the 2nd level entrance :cry: ... Darned Cost me all those precious potions and literally burned everything including myself in the paths to get them all cleared up. This level is particularly low in treasure worth and now I am having a real hard time thinking of how i could afford to replendish healing potions. $_$
    Post edited by Bubbles on
    Don't underestimate the usefulness of the invisibility spell. If you don't want to meta then you should walk everywhere invisible to scope the place out and get an initial backstab.

Or, you know, stealth skills but I'd max out literally every other skill first.
    @Wowo just made a silly mistake now back to start ...

This is testing my patience a hell lot ... well maybe i should start re-rolling another F/M/T this time with INT 10 o_o

The problem with solo is usage of healing potions is very heavy and drain gold .. got to do a lot of maths ...
    + there are limited amount of useful potions to buy ... all a test of the extreme I guess